Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Exclamation Tiger Woods winning the masters is the equivalent of Wizards MJ winning the Chip

Let that sink in. Tiger is the goat sports athlete

Decent college freshman Ben Simmons 25's Avatar

Default Re: Tiger Woods winning the masters is the equivalent of Wizards MJ winning the Chip

Yeah except the fact that NBA championships aren't decided by individual players. Never have been. Never will be.

The closest exception we've ever seen to this and will probably ever see to this is Bill Russell. He's an outlier. Doesn't mean the rule doesn't apply.

Championships in team sports are the most absurd thing we use to rate individual players... lol.

Default Re: Tiger Woods winning the masters is the equivalent of Wizards MJ winning the Chip

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    Let that sink in. Tiger is the goat sports athlete
    That

If we assume that Tiger is the best golfer in the world cause of this, the equivalent would be Wizard MJ being the best in the world..

A tiger never loses its stripes

it's an impressive comeback however you look at it .. I thought he was done with all the injuries and psychological hits .. it did help that the other guys melted away at the end there and basically handed it to him

Banned

in golf tons of guys have won tournaments at age 43+

nicklaus was 46 when he won his 6th masters

so i wouldn't say its like wizards mj winning a title. more like a 30+ year old winning a title as mvp

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen

so i wouldn't say its like wizards mj winning a title. more like a 30+ year old winning a title as mvp
    Woods had a back fusion surgery he could barely move

I love Tiger, such an inspiration. I don't give a shit about golf, but when Tiger is on, I'm watching, always.

Equivalent of LE-goat coming back down 1-3

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Vino24
    Woods had a back fusion surgery he could barely move
    nicklaus during his last masters win

woods today

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer tpols's Avatar

except old men still win at golf... basketball is much more of a young mans game.

Local High School Star Back In Shape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen

I was looking up the stats, several men have won the whole tour at 50+, including some 5'8 guy I never heard of in 2007. But none of those guys won majors at 50+. The oldest golfer to win a major was Boros at 48.

It's a young mans game now with a massive international talent pool

Noone cares abouit old man Jack beating down the same 10 guys, when blacks weren't even allowed to step foot on Augusta

Tiger just pulled off unrivaled dominance

Local High School Star Back In Shape's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scuzzy
    It's a young mans game now with a massive international talent pool

Noone cares abouit old man Jack beating down the same 10 guys, when blacks weren't even allowed to step foot on Augusta

Tiger just pulled off unrivaled dominance
    59 year old Tom Watson almost took the British Open in 2009. It came down to a playoff between Stewart Cink and Watson. But Watson blew his chance to become the oldest golfer by more than a decade to win a major. Tiger was #1 in the world at the time but he didn't even make the cut for this open.