Page 3 of 115 FirstFirst 1234561353103 ... LastLast

Default Re: The GOAT List: 100 Greatest Players in Basketball History

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    All but one is

I think all the PG's I have ahead of him are deserving of being mentioned in the same breath or even more highly regarded then KJ. I am a Suns fan of the 1990-1996 era though so I could be being too bias against him while trying to be objective.
    Mark Price and Tim Hardaway, are they ahead of him ???

Also, Gilbert Arenas should be at the 100 spot with those other young guns ...

Quote Originally Posted by L.Kizzle

Of the two you listed one is one spot ahead of him and one is one spot behind at the position on my list.

Arenas injury keeps him out again this year. he was on the list in 2007 at #100. He still is likely to crack the top 100 before all is said and done on most peoples lists I think.

Tim Hardaway was better than Kevin Johnson.

Value Ape.

Looks like a good effort. Ignore the nit pickers, something like this is so tough to do.

You might consider finding a top 100 from 30 or 40 years ago to see if any old cats have fallen off the radar. In a recent "top SF's" thread, someone came back into my mind who I had not thought of in easily 20 years. Might be interesting to read too.

Luchini from the sky TheAnchorman's Avatar

IMO Ray Allen should be at least in the low 80s at most high 50s, but I will wait and see. In his prime he could drive pretty well, could actually create his own shot (way, way better than Reggie Miller from what I've seen) instead of coming off of screens like he does now and was explosive in his youth. As for intangibles he is clutch, and has great leadership qualities. In Seattle his teammates looked up to him and copied his work ethic and it translated on the court. He is the man who had to sacrifice the most when coming to the Boston Celtics, and transformed his game to fit the team. That is a sign of a great teammate IMO and he should be brought up a dozen spots at the least.

He also won a championship.

Then again I am a biased homer fanboy. Sooo you can disregard this opinion, and I will also wait for your #94 who I think I will rip to pieces solely because of who you put on #95.

P.S. If you liked Big Dog, if he is ahead of Ray Allen in this list I will

i'm looking forward to the rest of this list. it should be interesting.

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by goldenryan
    i'm looking forward to the rest of this list. it should be interesting.
    I think the top 50 most would agree all make this top 100 list. ITs ho gets added that makes this interesting and how the 100 are ranked. I see Ray Allen I wonder if Jamal Willks is on the list how about Chet Walker, Spencer Haywood, Maurice Lucas and Bobby Dandrige. All should be on a top 100 list.

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    I think the top 50 most would agree all make this top 100 list. ITs ho gets added that makes this interesting and how the 100 are ranked. I see Ray Allen I wonder if Jamal Willks is on the list how about Chet Walker, Spencer Haywood, Maurice Lucas and Bobby Dandrige. All should be on a top 100 list.
    They all should be on the list as top 100, but not over Ray Allen (except Spencer Haywood.)

Ray Allen should be way higher than that....65-80 IMO.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Wow.

I cant wait to see this list...

Not in a good way.

Good college starter

They all should be on the list as top 100, but not over Ray Allen (except Spencer Haywood.)

I would say Jammal and Dandrige would be good arguments to be placed over Ray Ray

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by G.O.A.T
    why even say that. What are you some overtly pessimistic *******?
    Actually Im optimistic. If I wasnt, I'd have you on ignore and give you no hope whatsoever, like any smart person would do.

Its a good thing Im a certified dumbass.

Quote Originally Posted by Niquesports
    I would say Jammal and Dandrige would be good arguments to be placed over Ray Ray
    No way, they weren't elite as long as Allen has been. Hell, I think Super Lue Hudson was better than both and has a better argument with Ray Allen.

Default Run TMC: #94, #93 & #92

[FONT="Palatino Linotype"]It was a little hokey, a little gimmicky, but it was a lot of fun. For two seasons, 1990 and 1991, three young perimeter stars joined forces by the bay under coach Don Nelson and powered the Warriors to moderate but exciting success averaging over 110 points per game as a team for those two seasons and winning their only playoff series of the decade in ‘91. Chris Mullin came to the Warriors from St. Johns with much acclaim as the 7th pick of the 1985 NBA draft and lived up to the hype. They added Mitch Richmond in the 1988 draft and he won the rookie of the year as a 22 point per game scorer, the next draft they plucked Tim Hardaway at #14 and the trio was complete. After being eliminated by the Lakers in the ’91 playoffs the Warriors sent Richmond to Sacramento for Billy Owens and the team did not win another playoff series until the ’07 upset of the Mavericks in round one., again scoring 110 a game with Nelson as coach. [/FONT]

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]#94 Mitch Richmond[/FONT]
    Team(s): Golden State Warriors, Sacramento Kings, Washington Wizards, Los Angeles Lakers
    Years Played: 1988-2002
    Career Numbers: 21.0 ppg 3.9 rpg 3.5 apg

One the first of the new generation of gunslingers in the 1990’s. Richmond was a lethal shooter and scorer averaging between 22 and 26 points per game in each of his first nine seasons peaking in ’97 scoring 26 a game for the Kings. Combining the finesse of his long range shooting with the power of his penetration and post-up game Richmond was a feared offensive player. Richmond retired fourth on the all-time three pointers made list but has since been passed by several active players; however his 10-13 shooting display which earned him 1995 All-Star game MVP honors and his five all-NBA (three second team) selections remain as unprecedented achievements for such a pure scorer in his era.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]#93 Chris Mullin[/FONT]
    Team(s): Golden State Warriors, Indiana Pacers
    Years Played: 1985-2001
    Career Numbers: 18.2 ppg 4.1 rpg 3.5 apg

A Wooden award winner in college and a member of the original Dream Team, Mullin was one of the games elite scorers in the late 80’s and early 90’s. His jump shot is used as the standard for an advanced computer shooting system today. Mullin averaged 18 points a game over 16 seasons and made five all-NBA teams including a first team selection in 1991 the middle year a five season prime in which Mullin averaged over 25 points per game and shot over 50% every season. Made the adjustment late in his career to role player for a Pacers team that reached the NBA finals.

[FONT="Book Antiqua"]#92 Tim Hardaway[/FONT]
    Team(s): Golden State Warriors, Miami Heat, Dallas Mavericks, Denver Nuggets, Indiana Pacers
    Years Played: 1989-2003
    Career Numbers: 17.7 ppg 3.3 rpg 8.2 apg

One of the most complete and successful point guards of his era; Hardaway patented the killer crossover in his younger days and became a prolific perimeter force and floor leader in the later stages of his career. He had three consecutive 20-10 seasons with the Warriors early in his career and then teamed with Alonzo Mourning and Jamal Mashburn in Miami and helped that franchise set several regular and post season high water marks including a trip to the conference finals in 1997 losing to the Bulls in five. Five all-star selections and five all-NBA selections (1st team in 1999) and a rank of 7th all-time in three-pointers made, 13th in assists and 10th in assists per game.
    Last edited by G.O.A.T; 08-16-2009 at 11:11 PM.

Good college starter

No way, they weren't elite as long as Allen has been. Hell, I think Super Lue Hudson was better than both and has a better argument with Ray Allen.

Dont get me wrong I love Ray Ray or should we call him Jesus but since when was he elite and how many ALL NBA First teams has he made?