Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 04-29-2011, 07:54 PM   #1
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,529
Default Here's a scenario for you...

You become friends with someone who's husband or wife have left them. They've been gone for a few months when you two become friendly. You two have been hanging out on a regular basis, calling each other, and for the most part, the friendship seems to be going quite well.

You have plans one night and the other person doesn't call you. You find out that her ex has come back and they've worked out their problems, the ex is now moved back in. A few weeks go by before your friend contacts you to say hi.

What do you do? Do you become angry with the person for not calling you that night, and end the friendship, or do you let it slide because you're happy they worked out their problems?

Keep in mind that the friendship has lasted less than 6 months, and the marriage is several years.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 07:58 PM   #2
Jackass18
The Iron Price
 
Jackass18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Carcosa
Posts: 10,626
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

Be happy for them.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:00 PM   #3
PHX_Phan
Local High School Star
 
PHX_Phan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Phoenix
Posts: 1,459
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

Depends, but if they're not that much of a friend I'd end it over someone just blowing me off. I don't mind someone calling and saying that they can't make it, even if it's right before, but I hate people who avoid confrontation and just choose to ignore you. We're not kids anymore.
PHX_Phan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:09 PM   #4
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
Myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Rhode Island
Posts: 23,362
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux

What do you do? Do you become angry with the person for not calling you that night, and end the friendship, or do you let it slide because you're happy they worked out their problems?


Seriously dude? You would end a friendship over that? That is a pretty petty thing to end a friendship over. Its fine to be angry, and it is fine to let the person know that you were frustrated that they were not getting back to you (assuming you let them know respectfully, it doesn't mean you should yell and scream at them). Why can't you be happy they worked out their problems AND be upset that they were not respectful in getting back to you?
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:14 PM   #5
FatComputerNerd
Great college starter
 
FatComputerNerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: Believeland
Posts: 3,680
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

You kill them both

Last edited by FatComputerNerd : 04-29-2011 at 08:16 PM.
FatComputerNerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:17 PM   #6
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,529
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myth
Seriously dude? You would end a friendship over that? That is a pretty petty thing to end a friendship over. Its fine to be angry, and it is fine to let the person know that you were frustrated that they were not getting back to you (assuming you let them know respectfully, it doesn't mean you should yell and scream at them). Why can't you be happy they worked out their problems AND be upset that they were not respectful in getting back to you?

I appreciate the response but it wasn't me. I would've said it was me.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:41 PM   #7
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 39,411
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

You said you are all friends, so whats the problem. I didn't see anything about sex or dating.

It would be totally different if y'all got real close, and not even having a relationship as in dating or BG/GF, but just physical sex. Now I would become somewhat angry if that happened ...
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:46 PM   #8
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,529
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
You said you are all friends, so whats the problem. I didn't see anything about sex or dating.

It would be totally different if y'all got real close, and not even having a relationship as in dating or BG/GF, but just physical sex. Now I would become somewhat angry if that happened ...

You didn't read the OP.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #9
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 39,411
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
You didn't read the OP.
I did read. You or (person x) made friends with someone's wife/husband, ect, ect.
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:50 PM   #10
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Posts: 26,529
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.Kizzle
I did read. You or (person x) made friends with someone's wife/husband, ect, ect.

So where do you get sex from?

This is between two 50 year old women.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 08:51 PM   #11
L.Kizzle
ISH's Negro Historian
 
L.Kizzle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, TX -
Posts: 39,411
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
So where do you get sex from?

This is between two 50 year old women.
50 year old women can't have sex now ...
L.Kizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #12
arkain
Local High School Star
 
arkain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 1,397
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

You let it slide, actually you shouldn't even have to let it slide, you shouldn't even be mad at them for that.
arkain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 PM   #13
CelticBaller
You mad?
 
CelticBaller's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: CT, GOATLAND
Posts: 18,359
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

Rape them to death
CelticBaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #14
Javat_90
Banned
 
Javat_90's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Madrid
Posts: 1,491
Default Re: Here's a scenario for you...

slip a roofie in his/her`s drink.
Javat_90 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:49 AM.




NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
Search Site

FOLLOW US
Twitter
Facebook
















Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy