Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast
    Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Default Kids are more talented today then any period in history.

It is the truth. Too many times I here on the news about low test scores, public school systems failing and being a joke. Weak eras in sports, crime rate being the highest between kids 15-18 years old. Silly clothing attire, The world catching up to us. .

That's simply not the case it just isn't. Kids today overall are smarter than they have ever been, more independent, obedient, accepting of others/open minding, more athletic, and just simply more talented in every aspect you can think of especially when I compare it to when I grew up in the 80's.

This thread is for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur4Q324RTDM 7 and 9 years old. Simply Talented just talented.

Banned

Default Re: Kids are more talented today then any period in history.

Sure, but still:

Jordan >>>>>> OJ Mayo

Thread abuser

Quote Originally Posted by EarlTheGoat
    Sure, but still:

Jordan >>>>>> OJ Mayo
    Isn't it 6 am in Madrid? God, you're pathetic beyond belief. You have serious issues.

People are dumber than ever before. Our society promotes making money, not obtaining knowledge. Education is treated like a trade school, where people are forced down a specific path in order to secure financial security. People no longer care about subjects like Math, History, Language (Latin), or Philosophy (unless it's to do a specific job). The basic understanding of the world, and peoples perspective of the world is tragically flawed.

Why actually learn anything when you can just google it?

Sometimes I ask random friends and family basic mathematical questions just to fukc with them, and most of the time I'm met with a blank stare (probably wondering where the calculator is).

I'm no math wiz myself, but the degree to which people rely on technology for their knowledge is disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    People are dumber than ever before. Our society promotes making money, not obtaining knowledge. Education is treated like a trade school, where people are forced down a specific path in order to secure financial security. People no longer care about subjects like Math, History, Language (Latin), or Philosophy (unless it's to do a specific job). The basic understanding of the world, and peoples perspective of the world is tragically flawed.

Why actually learn anything when you can just google it?

Sometimes I ask random friends and family basic mathematical questions just to fukc with them, and most of the time I'm met with a blank stare (probably wondering where the calculator is).

I'm no math wiz myself, but the degree to which people rely on technology for their knowledge is disturbing.
    Yeah that's why kids are learning String Theories, Quatum Mechanics, The Theory of Everything E=MC squared at Grade 4 and it took genius to figure it out back in the day.

Plus basic mental math is overrated, I have a cell phone with a calculator on it. I never went to college and I turned out just fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Thornton
    kid, you're not 30. stop.
    31 and I am still going strong.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    It is the truth. Too many times I here on the news about low test scores, public school systems failing and being a joke. Weak eras in sports, crime rate being the highest between kids 15-18 years old. Silly clothing attire, The world catching up to us. .

That's simply not the case it just isn't. Kids today overall are smarter than they have ever been, more independent, obedient, accepting of others/open minding, more athletic, and just simply more talented in every aspect you can think of especially when I compare it to when I grew up in the 80's.

This thread is for them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ur4Q324RTDM 7 and 9 years old. Simply Talented just talented.
    Wow, your older than 15?....You always came off to me as some 15yr old obsessed OJ Mayo Fanboy...

DaniloGallinari
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Maybe it's because those people in history solved those hard problems that kids today can learn. You think it's easy to solve those types of formulas? You've never gone past the high school math have you?

yeah todays society is very technology driven, the school push numbers not knowledge. I would agree and say the kids seem to be a lot more aware of whats going on in todays world at a younger age... case in point my 6 year old son was watching tv the other day and saw a commercial where this girl or guy kissed each other.... he said in these exact words " dad are they gonna go lay down and have babies now".... . They are have so much more access to things than we did when we were there age.

Yeah that's why kids are learning String Theories, Quatum Mechanics, The Theory of Everything E=MC squared at Grade 4 and it took genius to figure it out back in the day.

Plus basic mental math is overrated, I have a cell phone with a calculator on it. I never went to college and I turned out just fine.

Reading the comments in the thread....We can all basically agree that kids today have far more Street smarts/ society smarts than Kids of past generation...While also having less book knowledge.

No 4th grader is learning that in any real depth.

Even if your able to find an example of a FEW who are learning "String Theories, Quatum Mechanics, The Theory of Everything E=MC", those are just statistical outliers, not that norm like your trying to imply.

People now-a-days have a lot of knowledge, but no depth to their knowledge (I'm susceptible to this as well) instead of really knowing a lot on one thing they just know a small amount on a lot of things.

It's obvious you never went to college, I doubt your even 18 years old.

DaniloGallinari
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Reading the comments in the thread....We can all basically agree that kids today have far more Street smarts/ society smarts than Kids of past generation...While also having less book knowledge.
    I don't even know about that. Before the 1900s? If you're an orphan you basically grow up on the streets and try to get whatever you can. Nobody gave a ****.

If street smarts is not getting hustled by a 15 year old boy selling chocolates to "increase funds for his football team", then we lose in that category as well.

Quote Originally Posted by branslowski
    Wow, your older than 15?....You always came off to me as some 15yr old obsessed OJ Mayo Fanboy...
    There is no age limit into being a fan. I am a fan of Mayo, Wall, Curry and few other players and it really ends there.

Quote Originally Posted by DatDudeD
    yeah todays society is very technology driven, the school push numbers not knowledge. I would agree and say the kids seem to be a lot more aware of whats going on in todays world at a younger age... case in point my 6 year old son was watching tv the other day and saw a commercial where this girl or guy kissed each other.... he said in these exact words " dad are they gonna go lay down and have babies now".... . They are have so much more access to things than we did when we were there age.