Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Top 5 Point Guards in the League right now

I think #4 and #5 are a lock @ Irving & Wall

4. Irving
    5 Wall

The top three is the hard part: Curry, CP3, Goatbrook

Curry is easily the best shooter of the bunch, led his team to 67-wins and was the MVP of the league.

CP3 has been known as the best PG in the league for years now, so the question to me is has Westbrook or Curry passed him?

Westbrook put up monster stats in OKC while KD was hurt and nearly led his injury riddled team to the playoffs.

Let's look at what they did this year:

Chris Paul: 19-10-5, 49% FG, 40% 3P, 2 spg, 2.3 topg
    Steph Curry: 24-8-4, 49% FG, 44% 3p, 2 spg, 3.1 topg
    Goatbrook: 28-9-7, 43% FG, 30% 3P, 2 spg, 4.4 topg

I know it depends on what your "team needs" sometimes. It's tough, but I don't think Westbrook can be #1 only because while he did win the scoring title, he is NOT a good 3-point shooter, especially not compared to CP3 & Curry. He also committed the most turn overs per game by far (of the three).

I am inclined to go:

CP3
    Westbrook
    Curry

Curry is the MVP but this is literally his breakthrough year so I'm not quick to judge him so highly whereas CP3 has been producing at a high level for a while. If Curry puts up another MVP caliber season @

24-8-5 with 50% FG and 45% 3P again then in my mind he has passed CP3. I remember when Paul George had something of a breakthrough and people were propping him up so much that some said he was the best small forward in the league. Let's give Curry one more season to pass CP3.

alternick = loser :D veilside23's Avatar

Default Re: Top 5 Point Guards in the League right now

Wall
    westbrook
    curry/cp3
    irving
    conley