Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default My first seasons without being a Laker hater.

I really like Randle and Russell. This is a team I can root for. As an east coast guy, I need a team to root for during the 10pm games, and now that the warriors have a chip, I can't root for them without being a bandwagoner.

Does anyone else root for a team outside of their timezone as a secondary team to their hometown squad?

15x all nba legend TheMarkMadsen's Avatar

Default Re: My first seasons without being a Laker hater.

Cool

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    I really like Randle and Russell. This is a team I can root for. As an east coast guy, I need a team to root for during the 10pm games, and now that the warriors have a chip, I can't root for them without being a bandwagoner.

Does anyone else root for a team outside of their timezone as a secondary team to their hometown squad?
    Same here.

My West team used to be GSW too and sometimes Clippers.
    Looks like this season i'll be rooting for the Lakers and TWolves.

Very good NBA starter

Same

this thread also serves as my D'angelo Russell bandwagon jump-on date.

The kid is smooth as ****. He's got a lot of Manu craftiness. Looks like a really good shooter for his age, and I'm impressed at the consistency of his form. Great size-quickness ratio. People act like he's going to be a bad defender, but I think a good coach can put his length and IQ to good use.

I've seen the Harden comparison a lot, but Harden has some serious grown-man strength and ability to take contact. Russell doesn't have that and he might never have it.

I also think he's a guy that's more suited to the NBA than he was to current NCAA ball. He should be a beast on spread PnR.

I usually jump on a decent western team for fun. For years it was the Jazz; recently was the Spurs and Warriors. I'll be tuning in to the Lakers this coming season; they've made some progress and it's Kobe's last year.

Welcome guys

Yes the Warriors have been my 2nd team for a couple of years. I don't have nearly the same passion for them as I do the Heat, but I was happy they won. Curry is my 2nd favorite player.

Decent playground baller iBandwagon's Avatar

I can't root for them without being a bandwagoner.
    Doesn't want to be a bandwagoner. Becomes a Lakers fan.

Banned

I've always liked Celtics and Timberwolves since I was a kid so I guess their my secondary teams. Usually though I just watch whatever game looks like it'll be the best game though or a team with a fun line up to watch.

A few years ago I used to hate the Lakers, but now I find myself hoping they pick up some awesome free agents and become a force again. What is wrong with me? Someone please help me. Help?

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by BlazerRed
    A few years ago I used to hate the Lakers, but now I find myself hoping they pick up some awesome free agents and become a force again. What is wrong with me? Someone please help me. Help?
    Was it Kobe you hated? Or is it just that now you've seen the fanbase experience a low so you don't mind them having an upswing?

NBA lottery pick

LOL. This is all just temporary. All the Kobe stans will become Russell stans and annoy everyone on ISH. Then ISH will be full of Russell haters.

with God-given ass JimmyMcAdocious's Avatar

Everyone wants the Lakers to get good until the Lakers get good. Then they will be the most hated (and liked) team in the NBA once again, regardless of where LeBron is, or what teams are still better than them.

People don't like the Lakers because they win and are the Yankees of the NBA which means there are a lot of bandwagon fans who get obnoxious like every other big fan base. But now that they have been bad for a few years, the hatred for them has diminished unless your team has a history with them. Mine doesn't. Once they get good again, people will go back to hating them again. They are on their way back.