Default Interesting info about Brook Lopez

https://www.todaysfastbreak.com/moto...trong-defense/
    The Nets shouldn’t blame their collective defensive woes on the big fella. Most of the problem lies on the perimeter, where the guards and wings are struggling mightily to stop slashers and contest three-point shooters.

When opponents bring the ball to the middle, Lopez usually employs great timing and relies on his length to bother shots. Within 10 feet of the hoop, foes shoot 8.8 percent worse than they do against the rest of the league (45.9 percent compared to 54.7 percent). He’s stout within six feet of the basket too: Attackers are 10.6 percent worse against him than the rest of the league (48.5 percent compared to 59.1 percent).

Lopez’s defensive shot chart (courtesy of NBASavant.com) illustrates how stingy he’s been in contrast to the league average around the hoop:

BrookLopezDChart

The impressive numbers don’t stop there. Lopez is posting career-bests or near-bests in several key categories: defensive rating (104), defensive box plus/minus (1.2), block percentage (5.5) and blocks per 36 minutes (2.5).

There have been sporadic miscues against pick-and-rolls and the occasional unnecessary foul. When opposing teams turn to small-ball lineups, Lopez struggles sometimes to keep pace and challenge shooters.

But thanks to his awareness and length, he’s able to maintain good positioning against post-ups and serve as a dynamic helper away from the ball.
    Brook Lopez could make any NBA team better. At seven feet tall, Lopez possesses offensive skills that many NBA bigs couldn’t dream of. As the trade deadline approaches, it would be wise for potential contenders to consider adding Lopez as the final piece to a championship puzzle.
    Lopez is an offensive freak. He is second in the NBA this season among centers in points per game with 20.2, only behind DeMarcus Cousins (27.2 ppg). But Lopez shoots at a much higher percentage, shooting 50% to Cousins’ 44.6%. Lopez is a rare big that plays well both faced up to and with his back to the basket. He is considered a “finesse big man,” and has mastered the mid-range jumper. This season, he is shooting 46% between the three point line and the paint. For comparison sake, James Harden, one of the best premier shooters in the NBA, has shot 43% this season from the same area. As you can see, Lopez holds the advantage in percentage in the paint and the mid-range areas.
    http://thesportsquotient.com/nba/201...rrated-big-man
    I know he's a rental, it's intesting too that this article was written before he became a legit 3pt shooter last year.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Default Re: Interesting info about Brook Lopez

Nice post. People are definitely sleeping on Brook Lopez, but I am confident he will show his worth right away this season.

Zo and Lo are going to be one of the better big man-little man tandems in the NBA from day one.

Default Re: Interesting info about Brook Lopez

Quote Originally Posted by kkinchen
    Nice post. People are definitely sleeping on Brook Lopez, but I am confident he will show his worth right away this season.

Zo and Lo are going to be one of the better big man-little man tandems in the NBA from day one.
    I read Luke was jubilant of the Bogut signing Luke in a lot of ways is very good but I'm not sure if the coach is a great evaluator of talent.
    He chose to stick it with MWP who eventually rode the bench for like 90% of the time. I can't imagine he was not consulted with the Mozgov and Deng signing, both also didn't work out and now this.