Learning to shoot layups

Default Springbak insoles? Jumpsoles?

Hey guys, Post #2 here.

I was curious if any of you use the Springbak Insoles on JumpUSA.com ? They claim to increase vertical by 2 inches alone.

Also, planning on buying a pair of Jumpsoles. Any of you guys had any luck with them?

Thanks again for any help ahead of time.

God Bless.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore ABPrints's Avatar

Default Re: Springbak insoles? Jumpsoles?

Haven't tried the insoles, looked at the site, looks interesting, but how many collegiate and pros are wearing them? I don't know. I think more important are they comfortable? if not, I would rather go with comfortable inserts ovfer anything claiming wild numbers just by putting them in the shoes.

As for the Jumpsoles, check the streetball forums for my thoughts...they are an injury waiting to happen, just as with strength shoes. Not saying an ailment is definate, but certainly the risk increases.

Saw a basketball once

The Katapult Training System and its scientific methodology is by far the most advanced plyometric workout available for the serious athlete. Athletic Training Innovations (ATI) working in conjunction with Karl Frank has created and patented its 52 week in-season off-season workout that will increase an athlete’s vertical jump, speed, lower leg strength and flexibility while decreasing the risk of injury.
    The “NEW” Katapult training shoe is lighter, better fitting and made with new composites that the user will notice immediately when compared to what is currently available. Using a dynamic 3-D computer generated program ATI was able to develop our state-of-the-art molds to create a plyometric training shoe like no other.
    In a normal standing position with conventional athletic shoes roughly 2/3rds of the body’s weight is supported or rests on the heels with little effort from the calf muscles. Training in the Katapult shoe eliminates the heel and forces the calf muscles to support the full body load. This overload works the calves and Achilles tendons with a force equal to several times the body's weight upon impact. Used correctly, the Katapult training shoe stretches and overloads these muscles, which in time will lengthen and strengthen.

The Katapult training shoes will increase vertical jump five to ten inches, lower speed in the 40-yard dash by two tenths of a second, and improve lower leg strength and flexibility. Many well-known athletes use frontal platform shoes for training, to give them an extra edge, but the shoes can help even amateur athletes excel in any sport - basketball, football, soccer, track, volleyball, body building, baseball and more.

Why the Katapult? If you are a serious athlete or a parent of an athlete, the Katapult training shoe and scientific methodology when followed correctly, will give you or your child the tools to prepare for the next level of competition.

www.atinnovate.com

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Is it me or is the guy above me just spamming us with ads?

Anyway, I've heard that those Springbak soles do work, but ABPrints has a point with how comfortable they are. Sure, you can have an instant 2-inch boost in your leap, but you could also be causing some serious damage to your feet if those aren't comfortable enough to play in. As for the Jumpsoles, I suggest you do a strength + plyometric training routine instead.

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NotYetGreat
    Is it me or is the guy above me just spamming us with ads?

Anyway, I've heard that those Springbak soles do work, but ABPrints has a point with how comfortable they are. Sure, you can have an instant 2-inch boost in your leap, but you could also be causing some serious damage to your feet if those aren't comfortable enough to play in. As for the Jumpsoles, I suggest you do a strength + plyometric training routine instead.
    Had a pair, they don't work, and they aren't uncomfortable. You don't even realize they are there, because they do absolutely nothing to help your vert. Waste of money.

Good college starter NotYetGreat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mhg88
    Had a pair, they don't work, and they aren't uncomfortable. You don't even realize they are there, because they do absolutely nothing to help your vert. Waste of money.
    Knew there was something to it. There's this site online though that advertises them and stuff along with other stuff you can do to increase your vert. Probably shouldn't trust it now.

Saw a basketball once

check out the latest in plyometric jump training shoes...the NEW KATAPULT jump strength training shoe.

http://www.atinnovate.com/products/katapult-shoes

Quote Originally Posted by meanmonster
    Hey guys, Post #2 here.

I was curious if any of you use the Springbak Insoles on JumpUSA.com ? They claim to increase vertical by 2 inches alone.

Also, planning on buying a pair of Jumpsoles. Any of you guys had any luck with them?

Thanks again for any help ahead of time.

God Bless.

Saw a basketball once

I have a pair of Strength Shoes. I was skeptical at first, but I've gained 4 inches on my vertical so far. The Jump soles felt bulky to me.