Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Default Re: Countdown to Rondo being traded:

Quote Originally Posted by Eric Cartman
    get rid of wallace contract
    Hill only makes 2 mil per less, and has a season more left on his deal. Plus Rondo when healthy has a bargain contract for his level of production. Trading Rondo is a major step and should only be done if there's a major benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I have a theory: You don't value defense at all. That would explain why you think Bargnani is a good player, and why you think he's such a great compliment to Melo.

Knicks have jumpshooters everywhere. A PG that can distribute, get the fast break running and can defend the various scoring pgs in the league would be a benefit. The reason it won't happen is that their only major asset is Anthony.
    knicks would have to trade melo for rondo.
    melo and rondo dont compliment eachother.

College superstar

Not many teams can use a PG, albeit a great one, that doesn't shoot well. Need to have more than one strong scoring option opposite Rondo, or at least one scoring option and some shooters.

Some teams where Rondo would fit (caveat: Can't take the top stars off the team):

Houston - Harden as the creator star, Harden, Parsons, et al as shooters

Thunder - Westbrook and Durant. Great fit, actually, but how would WB do off the ball?

Kings - Team needs (more of) an infusion of non ball-dominant players.

Miami - Good fit in theory.

Golden State

Now that we have some destinations, need to think up some realistic trade scenarios.

Kings:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kbe5l2r
    Kings also add an unprotected first. I doubt they would do a 2014, so Celtics would probably have to settle for a protected 2014 and unprotected 2015. Even then, I'm not sure Kings are close enough to contending to consider trading so much for Rondo. But Rondo, McLemore, Cousins is solid.

Houston:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mopo62t
    I'm not too familiar on details of Lin's "poison pill" contract. But I believe that if a team trades for Lin, they need to pay 15m in the last year. IF that's true, then Celtics don't do this unless they get a fully unprotected 2014 pick, and preferably one other than Houston's own (does Houston own another team's?). If Boston would owe "only" 8.9m each year for Lin, then I think Houston's pick, semi-protected, would be enough.

Thunder:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=l8pkznh (Vitor Faverini and NOT Olynyk. ESPN TM wouldn't let me put in KO yet).
    With how Steven Adams has been playing, and with Collison on the roster, Perk does not need to be there. In this trade, they get a defensive-minded wing (replacing Thabo) that can create even easier opportunities for WB and KD. Thunder obviously have to give up a hefty pick/assets for A) getting, by far, the best player in the deal and B) getting rid of Perk.

Alternate: Just Rondo for Perk, straight up. This option is only if Thunder don't want to get rid of Thabo. Imagine that defensive lineup! Same "pick rules" still apply.

Miami and Golden State offer nothing realistic.

Toronto is not a good fit, IMO, but they offer a variety of trade options, most centered around Lowry.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1

Kings:
    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=kbe5l2r
    Kings also add an unprotected first. I doubt they would do a 2014, so Celtics would probably have to settle for a protected 2014 and unprotected 2015. Even then, I'm not sure Kings are close enough to contending to consider trading so much for Rondo. But Rondo, McLemore, Cousins is solid.
    Never that, plus with the current roster and the massive lack in floor spacing adding Rondo won't do much and lossing out on potential stud imo I rather just build around #M16, draft pick, Cousins & Thomas.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    Never that, plus with the current roster and the massive lack in floor spacing adding Rondo won't do much and lossing out on potential stud imo I rather just build around #M16, draft pick, Cousins & Thomas.
    You stopped the "underline" a little too early. I said right there that the Kings wouldn't likely do it.

But with McLemore (is that M16?) and Thornton, the Kings have some shooters. And with Cousins, they have a go-to scorer. Recipe for Rondo to be a strong asset is there. But I can certainly see the argument against adding him; I put it in my post.

Rondo won't get moved this year, because the Celtics will have enough cap space next summer to add a max level free agent (and if they move one of the smaller contracts, such as Lee or Bass, they will have even more).

This year Rondo gets healthy, the young players get experience, the Celtics get a high draft pick, and then the Celtics sign an A level free agent next summer.

Here's a more realistic deal:

Celtics get

Amare Stoudemire

Knicks get

Brandon Bass
    Gerald Wallace

The Knicks add two forwards to add to the depth of the team.

The Celtics get 10 million in cap space in 2015, as they get rid of Wallace's contract and Stoudemire expires that summer.

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kshutts1
    You stopped the "underline" a little too early. I said right there that the Kings wouldn't likely do it.

But with McLemore (is that M16?) and Thornton, the Kings have some shooters. And with Cousins, they have a go-to scorer. Recipe for Rondo to be a strong asset is there. But I can certainly see the argument against adding him; I put it in my post.
    Have you watched him play in the last year and a half dude's straight up quit on the team and can't even shoot properly for us he just chucks now for the sake of shooting. Plus Rondo plays best with bigs who move well off the ball and Cousins is not that and never will be.

Quote Originally Posted by Teanett
    knicks would have to trade melo for rondo.
    melo and rondo dont compliment eachother.
    They actually do very well. What else would you want your PG to do?

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    They actually do very well. What else would you want your PG to do?
    rondo can do much more than dump the ball to melo,
    but one thing he cant do is spot up and shoot...