Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Current top 5 NBA players as of 5-24-19

If you think Steph was better than Lebron in 2016 you’re just an idiot lol.
    When has the RS, as great as Steph was, ever been the determining factor for BITW?

You can’t call him BITW until we see how he does in the Finals.

[QUOTE=Bankaii]If you think Steph was better than Lebron in 2016 you

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    If you think Steph was better than Lebron in 2016 you’re just an idiot lol.
    When has the RS, as great as Steph was, ever been the determining factor for BITW?
    In my criteria, it counts for something.

Dude, there's a chance right now even still, with teammates that fit, that LeBron is still the best player in the world for a single game or a single series.

But you can't coast an entire regular season and still get that title, necessarily.

LeBron has been, rightfully so, in coast mode for 4 or 5 years.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCorporation
    +1

King Bron was #1 for 2016 no question

22.6 ppg in the Finals is a no go

More turnovers than assists?

Sorry Curry
    In the 2016 Finals, LeBron was DEMONSTRABLY BETTER.

But you can't tell me LeBron didn't coast the season, despite his stats. He absolutely did. To me personally, that matters.

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon

Dude, there's a chance right now even still, with teammates that fit, that LeBron is still the best player in the world for a single game or a single series.

But you can't coast an entire regular season and still get that title, necessarily.

He has been in somewhat of coast mode in regular season but that's because he knows what it will take to get to the finals. Remember this guy's made it eight years in a row (and yes of course I know you know that but I'm just saying it needs to be mentioned).

Curry has just never looked spectacular in a single Finals series. He's never been the best player in a series or even the second best in most cases.

Kobe Stan

He has been in somewhat of coast mode in regular season but that's because he knows what it will take to get to the finals. Remember this guy's made it eight years in a row (and yes of course I know you know that but I'm just saying it needs to be mentioned).

Curry has just never looked spectacular in a single Finals series. He's never been the best player in a series or even the second best in most cases.
    Bullshit, he should have been finals MVP in 2015, and he was amazing in the 2017 finals, way better than plenty of superstars not named MJ, Shaq, Lebron, KD.

He was also very good last year...28/7/6 on very good efficiency.

I mean you can't REALLY think Steph has been average in the finals? I think Lebron and KD being top 5 finals performers has warped your judgement of superstar play in the finals

3-time NBA All-Star

By the way, and this should go without saying, this list is assuming Curry finally wins his 1st FMVP while putting up good numbers in the finals. That may be assuming too much but I have faith in him this year since a certain someone isn't in the finals to challenge him.

i AGREE .. He may shit the bed like that 12b in the finals..

Quote Originally Posted by Shogon

In the 2016 Finals, LeBron was DEMONSTRABLY BETTER.

But you can't tell me LeBron didn't coast the season, despite his stats. He absolutely did. To me personally, that matters.
    The playoffs are where people judge all time greats. Lebron was better throughout the ENTIRE playoffs, and infinitely better in the finals. If you factor in defense that gap becomes a gaping hole.

Even

Quote Originally Posted by StrongLurk
    Bullshit, he should have been finals MVP in 2015, and he was amazing in the 2017 finals, way better than plenty of superstars not named MJ, Shaq, Lebron, KD.

I mean you can't REALLY think Steph has been average in the finals? I think Lebron and KD being top 5 finals performers has warped your judgement of superstar play in the finals
    Iggy definitely has a solid argument for FMVP. Don

Kobe Stan

Quote Originally Posted by Bankaii
    Iggy definitely has a solid argument for FMVP. Don’t act like it was a travesty.
    It took Steph being the second option on the greatest team of all time to have a great finals performance.
    When he was the man (2015 and 2016) he was underwhelming, especially when you compare it to what he was doing in the RS.
    He was NOT underwhelming in 2015. He had one REALLY bad game (game 2), but was great in the other games.

Game 1 he put up 26/4/8 with 2 steals and 60%TS+ and Games 3-6 he put up 28/6/5 with 2.3 steals on 60%TS+.

Curry's 2015 finals is better than PLENTY of other finals performances by other top 20 players of all time.

Curry was absolutely the best player on the Warriors in 2015. Iggy was of course the X-FACTOR for the Warriors...but the not the finals MVP.

The ONLY reason Curry didn't get FMVP was because of Lebron's monstrous performance warping the FMVP vote.

Have you been missing the NBA finals for the last 4 years?
    •2015, he was a joke
    •2016, he was a bigger joke
    •2017, played well but was outshined by Bron, KD, and Irving...
    •2018, played well but was outshined by Bron and KD

Curry hasn't even been the best player on his own team, he literally has zero Finals MVPs.

Zero. 3rd best? Meh

He was NOT underwhelming in 2015. He had one REALLY bad game (game 2), but was great in the other games.

Game 1 he put up 26/4/8 with 2 steals and 60%TS+ and Games 3-6 he put up 28/6/5 with 2.3 steals on 60%TS+.

Curry's 2015 finals is better than PLENTY of other finals performances by other top 20 players of all time.

Curry was absolutely the best player on the Warriors in 2015. Iggy was of course the X-FACTOR for the Warriors...but the not the finals MVP.

The ONLY reason Curry didn't get FMVP was because of Lebron's monstrous performance warping the FMVP vote.

Plus Iggy led the team in ORtg AND Drtg despite Curry shitting the bed when LeBron was missing his #2 and #3 guy

Kobe Stan

Have you been missing the NBA finals for the last 4 years?
    •2015, he was a joke
    •2016, he was a bigger joke
    •2017, played well but was outshined by Bron, KD, and Irving...
    •2018, played well but was outshined by Bron and KD

Curry hasn't even been the best player on his own team, he literally has zero Finals MVPs.

Zero. 3rd best? Meh
    Damn so Lebron lost a finals to a 6th man and a joke in 2015? Explain how Lebron lost in 2015 to a 6th man and a joke?

You can't troll Curry, he's the 2nd best PG of all time.

Damn so Lebron lost a finals to a 6th man and a joke in 2015? Explain how Lebron lost in 2015 to a 6th man and a joke?
    Who was LeBron's 2nd option in 2015? And his 3rd? His 4th?

His opposition had Klay, Dray, and Iggy.

Thanks

You can't troll Curry, he's the 2nd best PG of all time.
    I dont need to troll him, he trolled himself for 4 years

Kobe Stan

Who was LeBron's 2nd option in 2015? And his 3rd? His 4th?

His opposition had Klay, Dray, and Iggy.

Thanks
    Wow so Lebron lost to 2 players worse than Curry and the 6th man I mentioned who couldn't even be a starter???

You've convinced me Lebron is out of the top 10