Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Arrow As a Lakers fan...I hope Kawhi stays in Toronto

Dont get it twisted, I'd love to have him with the Lakers and welcome the move 100%, but it's absolutely better for the NBA if he stays in Toronto. The team is very good, they make the east a whole lot more entertaining, and Toronto flat out deserves it. The atmosphere in their arena is crazy.

For the better good of the NBA. We can focus on other free agents and potential trades, I hope Kawhi resigns with Toronto.

Default Re: As a Lakers fan...I hope Kawhi stays in Toronto

Usually you want 3 at least very good teams to make a conference playoffs interesting or it's just a snoozefest til the conference finals. If Kawhi leaves, Bos is factor but most likely NY would have to hit on those big free agents to make it 3.

The West at least has quite a few good teams right now. It be better with 3 contenders however(apologies to Por).

Toronto fans are some of, if not the most loyal fans out there. They definitely have earned the privilege of having a guy like Kawhi.

no offense but i dont know why Lakers fans still think theyre getting Kawhi

LA boy George ditched yall to play with Westbrick in hicktown OKC

its either Raps or Clips for Kawhi always been that

Averaging 1.4 ppg RealSkipBayless's Avatar

You are not a Lakers fan and have never been to a game. You are a Magic Johnson hating bandwagoner.

He's coming to Clips bruh

Clippers will be the next dynasty with Kawhi.

Quote Originally Posted by RealSkipBayless
    You are not a Lakers fan and have never been to a game. You are a Magic Johnson hating bandwagoner.
    Lol??

Most recent game I attended was 11/17/2018 vs the Magic. Who tf are you?

And even had I never been to a Lakers game, that would not make me any less a fan than someone who lives in LA and goes to every home game. Some people don't got the money for that kind of lifestyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    no offense but i dont know why Lakers fans still think theyre getting Kawhi

LA boy George ditched yall to play with Westbrick in hicktown OKC

its either Raps or Clips for Kawhi always been that

I'm saying, regardless the rumors I hope he stays in Toronto. It's better for the NBA to have multiple strong (but not any 1 specifically overpowered) teams in the east.

Say only Kyrie leaves his team from the east, you still have Philly/Milwaukee/Toronto as the power houses of the east with Indiana/Boston trailing right behind them. And this isn't counting if Durant and company join the Knicks, which would make the conference even better.

Out west we always have good matchups, there is no worry there. The only issue has been that the Warriors have been overpowered in recent years. If Durant leaves them...then we fans are in for a treat. For the first time in a while, there will be absolutely no far and away favorite to win the title.

I'm not sure how durable he is... we have enough health issues with Ball, Ingram & James as it is, I don't want us to sign another player that's going to miss 20-30 games a season to a max deal.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great fit next to Lebron on both ends of the court, but he has some red flags of his own. We can't have our best players miss ~20 games and get away with it in the West like the Raptors did with Lowry & Kawhi.

As do I. It's a tough call...imagine if Toronto wins the title. Does that experience bond him with the city in a way that makes it impossible to leave, or does it give him the excuse that he delivered a title so he owes them nothing? He's already taken them further then they've ever been in 25 years of existence.

Let's Talks Numbers 34-24 Footwork's Avatar

I'd just rather let the Lebron era go by with minimal impact to other stars at this point. Don't want this clown to ruin anyone else's career or reputation. Kawhi seems like a cool dude. Don't wanna see him get blamed all season for not being a proficient spot up shooter.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe
    I'm not sure how durable he is... we have enough health issues with Ball, Ingram & James as it is, I don't want us to sign another player that's going to miss 20-30 games a season to a max deal.

Don't get me wrong, he's a great fit next to Lebron on both ends of the court, but he has some red flags of his own. We can't have our best players miss ~20 games and get away with it in the West like the Raptors did with Lowry & Kawhi.
    Let's be honest though. The West is a joke nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix
    As do I. It's a tough call...imagine if Toronto wins the title. Does that experience bond him with the city in a way that makes it impossible to leave, or does it give him the excuse that he delivered a title so he owes them nothing? He's already taken them further then they've ever been in 25 years of existence.
    They been to the ECF before.

Quote Originally Posted by ImKobe

Explain how Kawhi is a great fit for LeBron. That's a chemistry nightmare. LeBron is an attention / drama whore. He wants the Lakers to be on the top of the media 24/7. Kawhi hates attention and drama.