Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

Default Re: Giannis is the most manufactured star of all time

If you could manufacture a player of his caliber there wouldnt be big market doormats looking for them and coming up short for decades at a time.....

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    If you could manufacture a player of his caliber there wouldn't be big market doormats looking for them and coming up short for decades at a time.....
    not saying he's a scrub. defensively he's great, offensively tho, he isn't very polished. he relies on his euro step and bullying his way to the basket.

that sh1t would not work in the playoffs as good as it has if it weren't for the refs rewarding him. did you watch the game last night? it was much worse with the refs giving him calls when he was clearly pummeling into defenders outside the restricted area. it's not always that bad, but the refs clearly give him calls in the paint when they shouldn't. that's the manufactured part. it's not like they made him into a mvp, but he sure as hell should not be rewarded for fouling people.

he's like a bowling ball going full speed and all of the defenders that get in his way are pins that fall to the ground, yet he gets the and1 call

If your star player is limited and cant shoot then you need to surround him with shooters. Bledsoe is shooting 4-26 from 3 in the series.

Giannis is a legit star, but a limited and inexperienced one.

Down through history not many guys go from repeated first round exits to the Finals in one year. Typically there is a progression.

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    If your star player is limited and cant shoot then you need to surround him with shooters. Bledsoe is shooting 4-26 from 3 in the series.

Giannis is a legit star, but a limited and inexperienced one.

Down through history not many guys go from repeated first round exits to the Finals in one year. Typically there is a progression.
    he's a star, but the NBA is really aiding him with bs calls. every superstar has their share of bs calls, but they're usually questionable bc of some contact (i.e light contact against curry, ok, there was contact but not enough to warrant a foul if it were a non-superstar). giannis tho...geeze, it's unprecedented. never seen anyone get so mnay bs calls. i guess harden but harden is just abusing the landing zone of the 3pt thing so technically he's just gaming the system. giannis is just powering his way and fouling people while getting calls in his favour.

i'm not saying if steven adams decided to pummel opponents and drive to the basket he'd be a superstar or even a star, but he'd sure as hell would get more ppg while getting opponents in foul trouble if he got the same treatment as giannis. adams can't even euro step. but you get what i'm saying.