Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The Backcourt

Good college starter

Default Re: The Backcourt

I have mix feeling about this backcourt. If Jennings could play under control more he would be okay. I think the Pistons should bring in a veteran SG to play along Jennings like Eric Gordon. The Pelicans are looking to move him. Him and Jennings could be dope together. If the Pistons decide to give up on Jennings they should get one of these guards.

Jahii Carson
    Russ Smith
    Shabazz Napier
    Jordan Clarkson
    Semaj Christon
    Quinn Cook
    Spencer Dinwiddie
    Ian Miller

I like KCP so far this season. I'm torn between him become the starting SG down the line.
    Last edited by idizzle; 12-12-2013 at 10:35 PM.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by idizzle
    I have mix feeling about this backcourt. If Jennings could play under control more he would be okay. I think the Pistons should bring in a veteran SG to play along Jennings like Eric Gordon. The Pelicans are looking to move him. Him and Jennings could be dope together. If the Pistons decide to give up on Jennings they should get one of these guards.

Jahii Carson
    Russ Smith
    Shabazz Napier
    Jordan Clarkson
    Semaj Christon
    Quinn Cook
    Spencer Dinwiddie
    Ian Miller

I like KCP so far this season. I'm torn between him become the starting SG down the line.
    I'm torn on KCP too. It's funny we all wanted MCW and he looks like he's going to be a superstar now. I want no part of Eric Gordon. That huge contract for the same numbers as Stuckey puts up. Sure Gordon hits a few more threes but overall Stuckey has a better FG%. He's actually been our go to scorer this year. The guys need to play better team defense right now. Gordon definitely isn't going to help in that area. It's not a significant enough upgrade to justify the contract.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

You can't have a star player at every position, teams NEED players like KCP. Well, what KCP is projecting to be anyway... Hard nosed grity elite defending wing player with (hopefully) a rangey offense...

Great complimentary piece.

NBA lottery pick

I like Derozen, but I don't know how we could end up with him.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    I like Derozen, but I don't know how we could end up with him.
    It would have to involve Monroe.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Nastradamus
    It would have to involve Monroe.
    Then it's clearly a horrible trade. Monroe by far is the best player in that deal. I don't like the idea of giving up Monroe as easily as a lot of other Detroit fans do.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by dd24
    Then it's clearly a horrible trade. Monroe by far is the best player in that deal. I don't like the idea of giving up Monroe as easily as a lot of other Detroit fans do.
    I agree fwiw

NBA lottery pick

If the Detroit Pistons opt for the cap space instead of matching the inevitable max offer sheet for Greg Monroe, perhaps adding an improved perimeter shooter and distributor like Stephenson could be an option.

This is probably pretty unlikely, though, as Stephenson will likely already have plenty of offers on the table by the time Detroit's space became available, which probably won't happen in the first place.
    I think Detroit is going to do everything they can to keep Monroe around. Outside of that I don't see us being much of a player in free agency this offseason.

Good college starter

NBA lottery pick

I think Keith Appling is a possibility for us in the 2nd round. I'm not sure Detroit will be drafting a PG though. Jennings has been pretty solid for us. Bynum is a good backup. Siva isn't a NBA player (IMO) but they did just use a draft pick on him last year. Unless Detroit starts dropping a bunch more games I'm just not excited about the draft. I'm really bummed we're going to give Charlotte a #9 or #10 pick this year potentially. If Joe D didn't make all the crazy moves then this year we would've had the draft pick that would've completed our team and put us back in the thick of things.