Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default I'm a LeBron fan but this still makes me dislike him a little

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVIuv-0OJfo

I defend LeBron a lot on this forum but this flip-flopping still bothers me a lot.

His Reason behind changing his number from 23 to 6 seems such BS now that he is going to be wearing 23 again.

His flopping doesn't bother me a lot but i didn't like it when he said that he doesn't flop at all. If you are flopping to give advantage to your team then just do it and stop saying that you don't flop when you are the best player in the world.

he kept teasing everyone about the dunk contest and never participated. I don't care about the dunk contest but i hated his tweets and interview when he said that he would participate.

Unlike most people i don't hate him for "not1, not2..." thing because it was a pep rally but his flip flopping on other things really makes me like him a lot less.

NBA rookie of the year

Default Re: I'm a LeBron fan but this still makes me dislike him a little

Meh, can't cling on to every statement a professional athlete makes. People lie and or change their mind all the time. The only thing that really made him look like a clown was the dunk contest. Like cmon dog, that was attention whoring at it's finest.

He's a moron when it comes to PR, but other than that, if that's the worse thing he does, he's a good person who doesn't get into trouble.

Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Any player interviewed as much and youtubed as much as this guy will likely have just as many flip flop type statements.

...and i think its pretty obvious that he wants his old number 23 back because he really wants it to feel like the old days in Cleveland as much as he can. He couldn't have foreseen such a circumstance when he made that quote 4 years ago.

You're not a Lebron fan dude.

Local High School Star

People change their mind about a lot of things, nothing new here.

It's just a ****ing number. Who gives a shit.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

LeClown.

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVIuv-0OJfo

I defend LeBron a lot on this forum but this flip-flopping still bothers me a lot.

His Reason behind changing his number from 23 to 6 seems such BS now that he is going to be wearing 23 again.

His flopping doesn't bother me a lot but i didn't like it when he said that he doesn't flop at all. If you are flopping to give advantage to your team then just do it and stop saying that you don't flop when you are the best player in the world.

he kept teasing everyone about the dunk contest and never participated. I don't care about the dunk contest but i hated his tweets and interview when he said that he would participate.

Unlike most people i don't hate him for "not1, not2..." thing because it was a pep rally but his flip flopping on other things really makes me like him a lot less.
    Have you ever changed your mind about an opinion you had 5 years ago? If you have you are an annoying flip flopper, and I despise you!

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Meh, can't cling on to every statement a professional athlete makes. People lie and or change their mind all the time. The only thing that really made him look like a clown was the dunk contest. Like cmon dog, that was attention whoring at it's finest.
    I don't have a problem with athletes changing their mind. But damn, dude changes his mind about the dumbest things and seems to totally forget about shit. The dunk contest is the obvious one. But he announced going back to 23 like he didn't make a huge deal out of it needing to be retired league-wide. Its just odd for him to change his mind about something like that. Jordan retired and came back to the game twice. Obviously he changed his mind, but that's something a lot more serious and understandable.

i'm a lebron fan too... and i'm getting tired of his inconsistencies....

5-time NBA All-Star

Why do people say they are fans and then nitpick on nonsense. People get in different situations and their opinions change. Lebron is speaks up on things much more than other superstars. So there is bound to be contradictions as pressure and situations change. It comes with being accessible at a young age. Most die hard Lebron fans don't even care about a lot of the things he says as long as he plays well. He was my favorite player especially when I thought he might come to the Knicks. I disliked some things he did on the court when he should have been totally hungry. But I don't care much about switching positions on things that mean little.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    Why do people say they are fans and then nitpick on nonsense. People get in different situations and their opinions change. Lebron is speaks up on things much more than other superstars. So there is bound to be contradictions as pressure and situations change. It comes with being accessible at a young age. Most die hard Lebron fans don't even care about a lot of the things he says as long as he plays well. He was my favorite player especially when I thought he might come to the Knicks. I disliked some things he did on the court when he should have been totally hungry. But I don't care much about switching positions on things that mean little.
    this lol.

i dont understand how the op can be fine with the decision, flopping, choking, etc. but cant deal with him changing back to his old jersey number

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    this lol.

i dont understand how the op can be fine with the decision, flopping, choking, etc. but cant deal with him changing back to his old jersey number
    I am fine with him changing his jersey number but i am not fine with him saying that BS about respecting Jordan when he changed his number from 23 to 6.
    What happened? did he stop respecting Jordan and his impact on the game of basketball and the NBA ?

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    I am fine with him changing his jersey number but i am not fine with him saying that BS about respecting Jordan when he changed his number from 23 to 6.
    What happened? did he stop respecting Jordan and his impact on the game of basketball and the NBA ?
    I had a discussion with you about this in another thread weeks back; this jersey stuff really calls into question his character.

Guy went on some diatribe about respecting one of the greats - and it turns out it was because he already knew he was gonna play in Miami.

Quote Originally Posted by kuniva_dAMiGhTy
    I had a discussion with you about this in another thread weeks back; this jersey stuff really calls into question his character.

Guy went on some diatribe about respecting one of the greats and it turns out it was because he already knew he was gonna play in Miami the following year.
    i didn't know about his quote about respecting Jordan so much that he wanted no one to wear the number again in the NBA. I just thought it was a quote taken out of context like "not1, not 2..." quote which was at a pep rally.
    My friend just posted this and for the first time i saw that he really said. I didn't even know about him promising to be in a dunk contest on live tv as i normally don't watch all star weekend.