Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Lebron is going to be the most loved athlete in America again

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    It leaves me with a few thoughts. Yes, the mass media will play it as the prodigal son returns. Not necessarily wrongly so, he'd definitely win points back with me personally.

But it would leave some questions. Why did you leave in the first place? You went to the Finals 4x times. Lost once due to your own poor play, and the last time lost because the HAND PICKED roster you chose broke down physically, and maybe wasn't the best fit for "LeBron Ball" to begin with given certain redundancies in playing style (Wade).

He basically shot his legacy in the foot for no reason, in four seasons, seen by the vast majority of the country as a coward, a villain, a traitor, an uncompetitive front running bully who tried to win as quickly, and easily as possible.

He couldn't have stayed in Cleveland those 4 years and competed for championships, and possibly winning 2x of them in the process? That 2010 Cleveland team unchanged with no upgrades would've got to the Finals every season Miami did. That's how weak the conference was.

But all is said and done, returning would be big ups for him. It actually makes more sense right now too. Younger, fresher legs. A solid team built around him. And it will still allow him to be the best player in the league, and basically transform himself into a player-coach. Leading a squad of young bucks to potential championships in his home, fulfilling empty promises.

Maybe Wade and Bosh were really just his Timon and Pumbaa.

Did you forget about the celtics?

Not to mention 2011 Bosh and Wade in miami

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    This is a no win situation for LeBron. He blew the decision and whatever he does from here forward will be subject to criticism. Going to CLE would probably be a positive move, but there will be many detractors with this type of free agency wheel of fortune.
    He could have won by signing with miami quickly like Dirk or by announcing he is leaving quickly and then focusing on a new location.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

Y'all gotta stop bullying Cocaine in here.

Chill tf out, guys.

Very good NBA starter

Meh by 2011 they were showing their age.

The 2012 team, which was even more decrepit gave them a fight because of Bosh's injury, and at times Wade's inconsistent play. In 2011, some of the games were close, but ultimately they were spanked because Wade, and Bron both were performing like MVPs.

Unchanged, that 2010 Cleveland team, with the post 2011 improved LeBron James in that weak AF eastern conference can still make the Finals. Now, imagine Bron stayed, and in that time frame they still got one more legit piece?

He could've won a chip or two in that span. Let's not act like they couldn't have ... and he would've done it without looking like a coward in the actual context.
    the 2011 Celtics were still a force and you know that.

2012 onwards i would agree with you. But still, a healthy Wade and Bosh against Lebron's cleveland team would not be easy.

plus theyd get spanked by dallas, okc, and san antonio

Quote Originally Posted by LA Lakers
    Still, if I'm young, rich and famous I think South Beach looks more appealing than Cleveland. So I can see where he was coming from in that regard.
    He's not young anymore by NBA standards. He's played 11 full NBA seasons without missing any time. 842 total regular season games averaging near 40 MPG all those years. And he will turn 30 in December.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    I still can't understand why he would leave after 4 straight Finals and 2 rings. Would be a shitty move. If he does leave, thanks for the 2 rings.
    Maybe because Wade is done and needs to retire, and Bosh is the softest big in the history of the league?

Banned

Love me or Hate me, I am still 4 time MVP and 2 time Champion.

Dam sure more to come

Witness !

Very good NBA starter

Damn I was right

He couldn't have stayed in Cleveland those 4 years and competed for championships, and possibly winning 2x of them in the process? That 2010 Cleveland team unchanged with no upgrades would've got to the Finals every season Miami did. That's how weak the conference was.
    I'm not so sure. I don't see the 2010 Cavs, lets assume they're still at that level for a few more seasons, getting past Chicago in 2011. That team was hellacious defensively,and even if they somehow get past Chicago they don't get past Dallas( Im saying that assuming Lebron plays to form and not the outright abomination we witnessed). Maybe they get past the Celtics in 2012, who were on their last legs, do they beat OKC in the finals? Possibly. 2013 I don't see them beating the Pacers and definitely not the Spurs, same as this year.

So saying all that, one potential title in 2012 is about the best that Cavs roster would muster assuming they're either at the level of 2010 or if they managed to add a player( taking into account that Lebron peaked overall in 2012, especially mentally). Granted, legacy-wise and perception-wise, that one title in Cleveland would mean more than 2 in Miami. I think people here get too caught up in ring count without context, given Cleveland sports history just a single title would have catapulted Lebron even further than how we perceive him now.

The Holy Trinity

Quote Originally Posted by Cocaine80s
    Going back home to win his people a ring
    Thought you were a Heat fan.