Default Best Pregame energy Drink?

The HS season starts this friday and I was wondering if you guys ever tried having like half a 5 hour energy before a game, I've seen some kids do it at some camps, if there are any suggestions that would be great

Saw a basketball once

Default Re: Best Pregame energy Drink?

Quote Originally Posted by dwadefan11
    The HS season starts this friday and I was wondering if you guys ever tried having like half a 5 hour energy before a game, I've seen some kids do it at some camps, if there are any suggestions that would be great
    Id stay away from it if you don't need it. It won't really effect you that much during the game, and theres a chance you could crash later on. You dont wana miss a game cause of something stupid like a stomache cause you drank an energy drink

The problem with energy drinks is you have to be really well hydrated too, or else you'll feel sluggish while you're playing. To be honest, most energy drinks are the same, so pick your poison. Just make sure you're drinking lots of water on a regular basis.

That noxplode workout drink is good for energy. I don't know if you want to gulp that though right before the game.

Banned

G2 is all i drink DAWGs

I don't get picked last at the park anymore Nova6's Avatar

htose gatoride ones

Banned

^ failspell DAWG

dedicate

no point in drinking it if you are more of a perimeter player , it might screw up your shot because you are more hyped up

if you dont need it, dont add it to your regime, because what if 1 of the game you didnt have access to it, it'll be in your head all game long but probably mess up your game

water and melk man!

Decent playground baller Sticks's Avatar

I'd say a small zip of Scotch in the locker room to easy the hype would work better than a high-sugar energy drink. The risk of crashing is way too big for me.

Local High School Star Harrison_Barnes's Avatar

No point in drinking energy drinks before a game.. They will just make you feel sluggish and may upset your stomach if your not properly hydrated. Just make sure you drink lots of water before the game.. and drink some Gatorade during the game. Preferably G2 though

wator

Serious playground baller

Gatoraid, poweraid, water, I would avoid energy drinks. They can give you the shakes, cause you to crash or even make you dizzy. With that said I am a little older than most of the posters on here and I have been lifting weights for quite a while. I am big on preworkout supplements and sometimes drink redline extream before I play.