Page 1 of 9 1234 ... LastLast
    Raz
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Default The Dark Knight Trilogy

I watched the 3rd film last night, holy crap it was good. I don't know what others have been smoking, that was an excellent movie. Bane was a scary ass dude, he seemed undefeatable. The movie had a perfect ending as well.

Forget Star Wars
    F[COLOR="Black"]u[/COLOR]ck Harry Potter
    Lord of the Rings, meh

These 3 movies made an amazing trilogy. It's very clear there will be more, but Nolan will just be an exec producer.

The cast were amazing, even the cheesy Selina Kyle character.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Myth's Avatar

Default Re: The Dark Knight Trilogy

This couldn't have gone in the TDKR thread?

And no, there won't be more. A reboot is already planned for 2016 that is not going to be part of the same series.

this "Trilogy" is nowhere near the first Star Wars or Lord of the Rings IMO.

But it would have been had TDKR had not of been a pile of poop (IMO). Batman Begins and TDK are right there though and I would say TDK as a stand alone is probably the best movie out of them all. The Fellowship of the Ring though... damn that's near impossible to beat.

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    This couldn't have gone in the TDKR thread?

And no, there won't be more. A reboot is already planned for 2016 that is not going to be part of the same series.
    No - because I'm an attention whore.

Who says that? I can totally see them adding on to this series.

NJ Net Fan For Life. wang4three's Avatar

The third one was good, but I felt the ending was rushed. Also a lot of things didn't make sense as the story was rather scattered. It was entertaining, I liked it, but I don't think it was near TDK.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    No - because I'm an attention whore.

Who says that? I can totally see them adding on to this series.
    Fair enough.

http://pinkisthenewblog.com/2012-08-...-film-for-2016

I also remember reading in the past that part of the agreement for Nolan to consult on the Batman reboot is that the studios leave his trilogy alone and don't build on it.

Personally The Dark Knight Trilogy is my favorite trilogy I've watched ever. I like Star Wars, but never got into it hardcore. It's just comes down to personal tastes.

I was okay with the ending.

I'm looking forward to see what Synder and Nolan do with Superman with Man of Steel. The treaser trailer gave me slight goosebumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Personally The Dark Knight Trilogy is my favorite trilogy I've watched ever. I like Star Wars, but never got into it hardcore. It's just comes down to personal tastes.

I was okay with the ending.
    Dark Knight Trilogy is definitely my favorite where there are only 3 movies. But Dark Knight and the first 3 Alien movies are close for me if only looking at the first 3 in any series.

If I had to rank the individual movies:
    Aliens
    Dark Knight
    Alien
    Batman Begins
    Dark Knight Rises
    Alien 3

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by Myth
    Fair enough.

http://pinkisthenewblog.com/2012-08-...-film-for-2016

I also remember reading in the past that part of the agreement for Nolan to consult on the Batman reboot is that the studios leave his trilogy alone and don't build on it.

I hope they don't make a Justice League movie. It will be shit. The Justice League is terrible - Batman is best working alone, and so is Superman. Why would Superman need to work with anyone. Wanting a Justice League movie to come out is akin to rooting for the Miami Heat, but worse.

I will not watch this movie if they attempt to make it. The Nolan series would be much better, Gordon-Lovitt as Batman, but he starts killing people, unlike Bruce Wayne. Bruce would have to come back, it could be awesome. The y couldn't have the Joker, but they could have the Penguin, Riddler, and Poison Ivy. Heck, they could even re-launch Bane (who says he's dead).

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by Swaggin916
    this "Trilogy" is nowhere near the first Star Wars or Lord of the Rings IMO.

But it would have been had TDKR had not of been a pile of poop (IMO). Batman Begins and TDK are right there though and I would say TDK as a stand alone is probably the best movie out of them all. The Fellowship of the Ring though... damn that's near impossible to beat.
    Coming from the guy that dresses like one of the psychos from Columbine. Your opinion isn't worth a dime.
    Last edited by Raz; 08-09-2012 at 12:41 PM.

Da Mavs

It's unfortunate that they'll be rebooting the series soon....I'd just make JGL batman and carry on from the end of TDKR to at least have some continuity and familiarity. Man of Steel does look good though.

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by D-Rose
    It's unfortunate that they'll be rebooting the series soon....I'd just make JGL batman and carry on from the end of TDKR to at least have some continuity and familiarity. Man of Steel does look good though.
    I agree. All these remakes drive me nuts. Will not watch Spiderman.

Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Coming from the guy that dresses like one of the psychos from Columbine. Your opinion isn't worth a dime.
    Don't attack him because he didn't like the movie. Not mature at all.

Raz

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Don't attack him because he didn't like the movie. Not mature at all.
    Pfft, movie was amazing. It was wrapped up a little too quickly, but hey, it was already like 2h20m long.

For me I would rank them like this:
    1. Dark Knight
    2. Dark Knight Rises (best acting job by Bale out of the 3)
    3. Batman Begins

Bale's pro wrestling voice as Batman brings it down a notch...