Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567
    NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly pursuing Derrick Williams/Pau Gasol trade

I hate how so many Lakers fans and people assume that teams like the Bobcats, Grizzlies, Wolves, Raptors, etc are just farm teams for the Lakers to choose which players they want.

A fair deal for Gasol from Minny would be Wes, Beasley, Ridnour, draft picks.

Gasol only has a couple of years left and it's not like he's an All Pro.
    Wes and Beasley are still very young and have a lot of potential, and Ridnour is a better PG than the Lakers currently have.

LOL @ you people who want Wes, Beas, Ridnour, draft picks AND D-Will for just Gasol.

Default Re: Minnesota Timberwolves reportedly pursuing Derrick Williams/Pau Gasol trade

Wes Johnson has virtually no value in my eyes. Williams doesn't have a lot, and nobody wants Beasley mucking up their locker room. Gasol is being underrated here.

I think Williams will be a good player. Problem is he has no position. He's more of a 4 then he is a 3 and he doesn't fit the Wolves as long as Love is around.

I like Gasol but Pekovic has been playing great as of late and the Timberwolves will probably miss the playoffs this year. The short term fix won't help the Wolves much. Lakers are in a "win now" mode and though Williams is a nice piece, he won't contribute as much as Gasol would.

Bad trade for both teams.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Wes Johnson has virtually no value in my eyes. Williams doesn't have a lot, and nobody wants Beasley mucking up their locker room. Gasol is being underrated here.
    So I guess you're one of those people who gives players a couple of weeks into their professional career and then calls them a bust if they don't light the world on fire?

Williams, the no. 2 overall pick, doesn't have much value? He is stuck behind the best PF in the game right now and Adelman is known for not giving rookies many minutes (aside from Rubio). And for those two factors, he has no value?

Wes is just in a shooting slump. He set a Wolves record for 3's last year. when he finds his shot, he'll be a solid contributor. He's only in his 2nd season. He'll never be a no. 1 or 2 option, but once he finds his shot again, he'll be fine. To say he has no value isn't fair.

I agree on Beasley though.

To me, Gasol, considering his age especially, is being overvalued. I will admit, though, it'd be nice to have him (not in this trade scenario though) alongside Rubio and Love, and add in Pekovic and that'd be the best, deepest front court in the NBA.

I rep Lakers!

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    So I guess you're one of those people who gives players a couple of weeks into their professional career and then calls them a bust if they don't light the world on fire?

Williams, the no. 2 overall pick, doesn't have much value? He is stuck behind the best PF in the game right now and Adelman is known for not giving rookies many minutes (aside from Rubio). And for those two factors, he has no value?

Wes is just in a shooting slump. He set a Wolves record for 3's last year. when he finds his shot, he'll be a solid contributor. He's only in his 2nd season. He'll never be a no. 1 or 2 option, but once he finds his shot again, he'll be fine. To say he has no value isn't fair.

I agree on Beasley though.

To me, Gasol, considering his age especially, is being overvalued. I will admit, though, it'd be nice to have him (not in this trade scenario though) alongside Rubio and Love, and add in Pekovic and that'd be the best, deepest front court in the NBA.
    Exactly. There is no place for Williams on this team with Love and they can't resign Beasley . And in return they get a deep front court.....You probably just don't want the Lakers to get anything....

Quote Originally Posted by MK2V1GP
    I hate how so many Lakers fans and people assume that teams like the Bobcats, Grizzlies, Wolves, Raptors, etc are just farm teams for the Lakers to choose which players they want.

A fair deal for Gasol from Minny would be Wes, Beasley, Ridnour, draft picks.

Gasol only has a couple of years left and it's not like he's an All Pro.
    Wes and Beasley are still very young and have a lot of potential, and Ridnour is a better PG than the Lakers currently have.

LOL @ you people who want Wes, Beas, Ridnour, draft picks AND D-Will for just Gasol.
    ridnour would be another steve blake! guaranteed. that wouldnt make since to throw in ridnour.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    Exactly. There is no place for Williams on this team with Love and they can't resign Beasley . And in return they get a deep front court.....You probably just don't want the Lakers to get anything....
    There's room for Gasol (at PF and C along with Love/Pekovic) but no place for Williams (who can split time at SF and PF)?

It's not that I don't want the Lakers to get anything, that sounds childish. That's not the point. I just think that Ridnour, Beasley, Wes, AND Williams, plus draft picks, is way too much for a 32-year old Gasol.

But against popular opinion here, I DO think Williams would be a perfect fit in LA alongside Kobe and Bynum. The Lakers lack athleticism right now and Williams would bring plenty of that playing off of Kobe and Bynum.

I just hope this doesn't happen. I'd rather Minn get a SG. Or if they do get Gasol, I hope it's a different trade/3-team trade instead of the one pointed out here.

Ok ok I'm jumping to conclusions on Williams, he needs more PT. Johnson though I really think is a bust.