Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Who would you rather start a team with, Shaq or LeBron

I'd take Shaq over MJ (given without the benefit of hindsight)

so Shaq easily

Shaq

Shaq

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    I somehow think that Shaq would be more valuable if that's possible.

It'll be similar to the early 2000 though. As someone said, it really doesn't matter. It's like any center today could guard him better than they did back then. It's more of a competition thing on who is the best center, which Shaq would win obviously.

I would say something though, it would be very interesting to see KG and Bosh try to guard Shaq since they are playing the center position now. Perkins too, lol.

A few more.

Vlade Divac, Jermaine O'Neal, Antonio McDyess, Zydrunas Ilgauskas, Brad Miller, Marcus Camby, and Jamaal Magloire.

Good list. McDyess was a PF tho, especially then.

First I would say there's almost no chance that Bosh or KG would be playing C with Shaq in the league...at least not in the games vs him. That would be suicide. Second, Dwight Howard is a great player. I don't think Shaq gets away with as much against great players. And I don't mean his game, but as far as officiating goes. Would they let him commit murder on Tim Duncan?

Shaq for now. We gotta see what Bron does the next couple years though.

Shaq because of his Finals stats

Quote Originally Posted by scandisk_
    I'd take Shaq over MJ (given without the benefit of hindsight)

so Shaq easily
    then be ready for lazyness, 50% freethrow shooting, and more lazyness beside just picking the G.O.A.T.
    Last edited by Bigsmoke; 11-28-2012 at 02:20 PM.

7-time NBA All-Star

Not surprising who I'd pick, but I will say that the fact that this question is being asked and it isn't trolling shows how great Lebron has been. I'll take Shaq because he'll score at least as much, if not more as a post player who is imo, the biggest physical mismatch in NBA history. And he's a guy who will use that advantage throughout a game, there won't be a question of settling. He knew who he was and how he could dominate. He also showed me a lot by how quick he bought into the triangle and how quick he was comfortable in it. A lot of players have struggled to fit their game in to that system. Defensively, despite Shaq often being lazy, I still think being a big shot blocker, who will also take away the other center's post game most of the time is more impactful than a perimeter defender most of the time. I will say that this isn't clear cut because more recently Lebron has become an excellent help defender and plays harder at that end on a consistent basis. But then you have the times when Shaq was motivated and playing hard defensively, and those peaks are impossible for Lebron to compete with.

Quote Originally Posted by ShaqAttack3234
    Not surprising who I'd pick, but I will say that the fact that this question is being asked and it isn't trolling shows how great Lebron has been. I'll take Shaq because he'll score at least as much, if not more as a post player who is imo, the biggest physical mismatch in NBA history. And he's a guy who will use that advantage throughout a game, there won't be a question of settling. He knew who he was and how he could dominate. He also showed me a lot by how quick he bought into the triangle and how quick he was comfortable in it. A lot of players have struggled to fit their game in to that system. Defensively, despite Shaq often being lazy, I still think being a big shot blocker, who will also take away the other center's post game most of the time is more impactful than a perimeter defender most of the time. I will say that this isn't clear cut because more recently Lebron has become an excellent help defender and plays harder at that end on a consistent basis. But then you have the times when Shaq was motivated and playing hard defensively, and those peaks are impossible for Lebron to compete with.
    at what u said was true but why didn't you bring up Shaq's Finals stats? they were

7-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Bigsmoke
    at what u said was true but why didn't you bring up Shaq's Finals stats? they were
    Well, anyone can look them up. Plus, what impressed me far more than the stats was just watching him dominate on the court. When you get to the level of Shaq or Lebron, stats don't really tell you that much. Especially in a game like basketball where so much doesn't show up in a boxscore, and your stats can also be affected by the system you play in, the era, or your teammates.

Shaq, the skills he brings are more rare, he was the most dominate big man of his era, too bad he had a relationship breakdown in LA, we could only imagine how rings he could have won.

He was unlucky with injury with the Celtics, when he was healthy, they were beating all the good teams by a big margin. I have little doubt they would have won that year.

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Would you turn down Jordan aswell because of that reason? No you wouldnt, for that same reason is why you just cant turn down Lebron....

I understand if we were talking about Wade or Kobe or something, but this is Lebron... a guy who already is knocking on the Top 10 door at 27 (see where Shaq was at that age), hence with potential/time to be even GOAT.... Its a guy that can dominate up to 4 positions offensively and can efficiently guard all positions defensively and is a 30 point triple double machine.... he is the most versatile player in NBA history, factor in his athleticism and how he uses it he just might arguably be the most unique player ever... he is not your average superstar...

Last edited by LoneyROY7; 11-28-2012 at 04:00 PM.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by pauk
    Would you turn down Jordan aswell because of that reason? No you wouldnt, for that same reason is why you just cant turn down Lebron....

I understand if we were talking about Wade or Kobe or something, but this is Lebron... a guy who already is knocking on the Top 10 door at 27 (see where Shaq was at that age), hence with potential/time to be even GOAT.... Its a guy that can dominate up to 4 positions offensively and can efficiently guard all positions defensively and is a 30 point triple double machine.... he is the most versatile player in NBA history, factor in his athleticism and how he uses it he just might arguably be the most unique player ever... he is not your average superstar...

This kid is just Sad

so we all know now these are little boys or LeBron Fanboy

whoah10115
    Just2McFly
    inclinerator
    Mr.Incredible
    Duma
    Pauk
    Graviton
    Money 23

Much as I like LeBron but COME ON MAN ~

SHAQ is the Ultimate Franchise Player to Build around

NBA sixth man of the year KyrieTheFuture's Avatar

This depends entirely on where I am located in the US. If I'm not in LA or Miami then LeBron because Shaq's ass is leaving ASAP especially if my team is him and scrubs.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Fudge's Avatar

In todays league? Shaq easily.

Shaq.

If I took Lebron I'd have to get 2 other max superstars otherwise my team wouldn't win. I'd also have to take the chance that he'd quit on my team, even on the biggest stage in the finals. No thanks.

Shaq.