Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Default Re: Sabonis vs Wilt (Euroleague vs jlauber)

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    I'll defer to Psileas on this, since he lives in Europe, and actually saw Sabonis play...

And if you are going to compare a COLLEGE Robinson, then how about an NBA Robinson vs Sabonis?

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...1&p2=sabonar01

Take a look some of those games! One game in which D-Rob outscored Sabonis 39-16 and made 17-31 shots. And their playoff matchup was just as one-sided.

Of course, the Sabonis-fans will say he was over-the-hill,...but they will never acknowledge that Robinson was far from his peak in '88.
    You're an absolute idiot with a bias spreading your bullshit propaganda.

Always an excuse for Wilt when his stats suffer, yet you safeguard other player excuses with "well his fans will say this despite"...

Sabonis was never a big scorer in Europe because its a different game. Asking one of the biggest Wilt fans on the board in Psieles who he thinks was better isn't going to tell you anything. Sabonis would have been a scoring machine in the NBA during the 80's and 90's where the ball was played through the elbows and low block. Would have been mentioned in the same tier as all the other greats back then like Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, Shaq, etc. He was probably better than all of them outside of Shaq. Even then, it would be interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by KNOW1EDGE
    As a Blazer fan, I can tell you Sabas DID give Shaq fits, and that was when he was WAY past his prime.

In his prime, Sabas was a more skilled basketball player than Shaq. IMO.

Shaq was just strong, he didn't have the shot, touch, footwork or passing ability that Sabas had, he was just stronger.
    Sabonis was a really tough match up for Shaq without a doubt. But young Sabobnis would have done worse.

All this pre injury stuff is extremely blown out of proportion. After the injuries Sabonis became more of a Shaq like player (with shooting). He got slower and got much huger.

Old Sabonis was probably like 7-3 and 350 pounds. That's why he gave Shaq so many problems. He was enormous and incredibly strong.

Young Sabonis would have been nowhere near enough to cause Shaq as many problems. Pre injury Sabonis would have been doing much worse against Shaq by comparison.

It's just simple truth, and makes these comments about "young Sabonis" and "pre injury Sabonis" would have done this or that, because "old and after injury Sabonis could even make things hard for Shaq".

Just total example of typical psychosis of the average NBA only fan.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'll probably get flamed, but I think Sabonis gets vastly overrated. Too much "would've, could've, should've" involved for me to rank him amongst other great players in the sport.
    Hypocrite much?

I said this when I rated some Euroleague players in the 80s as better than him, and you went nuts and called me a liar and a delusional troll.

Quote Originally Posted by LJJ
    Lakas doesn't like to hype players who played in both the Euroleague and the NBA. He will either say they are overrated and were never that good in the Euroleague (Anthony Parker, Prigioni, etc, etc), or he will find some off the court reason why they sucked in the NBA comparatively (V-Span, Jasi, etc, etc).
    STOP LYING

I NEVER said any such thing.

GOD DAMN YOU ASSHOLE

Why this troll/psychopath from arkansas that claims to be spanish, but for some reason overhypes greeks to unseen proportions and has shit basketball knowledge isn't banned yet ?

Yes this been asked many times, but there is no reason not to ban him, especially when he recently posted that he's done with ish, wow that lasted long...

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Sabonis was a really tough match up for Shaq without a doubt. But young Sabobnis would have done worse.

All this pre injury stuff is extremely blown out of proportion. After the injuries Sabonis became more of a Shaq like player (with shooting). He got slower and got much huger.

Old Sabonis was probably like 7-3 and 350 pounds. That's why he gave Shaq so many problems. He was enormous and incredibly strong.

Young Sabonis would have been nowhere near enough to cause Shaq as many problems. Pre injury Sabonis would have been doing much worse against Shaq by comparison.

It's just simple truth, and makes these comments about "young Sabonis" and "pre injury Sabonis" would have done this or that, because "old and after injury Sabonis could even make things hard for Shaq".

Just total example of typical psychosis of the average NBA only fan.
    Any version of Sabas would have rape Sofo and Bourosis combined.

He was better than any Greek player.

He was overrated but still decent NBA player out of his prime.

Something Sofo can't do even on summer league.

Also his corpse won the Euroleague MVP. LMAO
    Last edited by Rooster; 07-22-2013 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    The ignorant 14 year old laughing at stuff like this, when you're in the Wilt/Russell thread trying to school people on them. You're 14, never seen any of them play, never probably bothered to watch any highlights, and you're blasting people for ignorant comments in one thread, when you're making them here.
    Salty much? No one on this forum has seen Wilt play (if that's who you were talking about) I watch highlight videos all the time. I try to make up for the information that I didn't get to see. Stop being an elitist douchebag.

Not airballing my layups anymore

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I'll probably get flamed, but I think Sabonis gets vastly overrated. Too much "would've, could've, should've" involved for me to rank him amongst other great players in the sport.
    I agree with this 100%. You should see those Lithuanians on youtube, who claim Sabonis would have dominated Shaq. Laughable.

Quote Originally Posted by Rooster
    Any version of Sabas would have rape Sofo and Bourosis combined.

He was better than any Greek player.

He was overrated but still decent NBA player out of his prime.

Something Sofo can't do even on summer league.

Also his corpse won the Euroleague MVP. LMAO
    Euroleague MVP award did not even exist until after Sabonis retired.

Always an excuse for Wilt when his stats suffer, yet you safeguard other player excuses with "well his fans will say this despite"...

Sabonis was never a big scorer in Europe because its a different game. Asking one of the biggest Wilt fans on the board in Psieles who he thinks was better isn't going to tell you anything. Sabonis would have been a scoring machine in the NBA during the 80's and 90's where the ball was played through the elbows and low block. Would have been mentioned in the same tier as all the other greats back then like Hakeem, Ewing, Robinson, Shaq, etc. He was probably better than all of them outside of Shaq. Even then, it would be interesting.
    First of all, I really have no dog in this fight. If someone can prove a more experienced and physically developed Sabonis somehow outplayed a much younger (and perhaps considerably smaller Robinson...I believe he was less than 6-8 when he went to the Naval Academy)...so what? The numbers that we have certainly don't even prove that. But, the numbers from their NBA days give D-Rob a solid edge. Here again, if an 80's Sabonis was god-like, great. But from what I have read, and watched, he was a skilled, and powerful man, but with limited mobility, speed, and athleticism. Furthermore, and much like almost every other 7-3 player hat has ever played the game, he was injury-prone.

And while you may want to believe that a Sabonis was better than an NBA Hakeem, Robinson, and Ewing...you wll have to provide me, and other's here, much more conclusive evidence.

In any case, this supposedly totally dominating Sabonis never appeared in an NBA uniform.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    Why this troll/psychopath from arkansas that claims to be spanish, but for some reason overhypes greeks to unseen proportions and has shit basketball knowledge isn't banned yet ?

Yes this been asked many times, but there is no reason not to ban him, especially when he recently posted that he's done with ish, wow that lasted long...
    He really should be banned. The guy is shameless, and destroys perfectly good threads and discussions.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Stop being an elitist douchebag.
    Applies both ways kid. You get a taste of your own medicine and you can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth

He provides "variety" to ISH. Can't say there's another nutjob Euroleague character on ISH...

I think it's alot to do with creating discussion on Euroleague etc, as to why he hasn't been banned yet. Jeff obviously sees value in a poster that talks about other basketball leagues outside of the NBA, while also having the added benefit of the guy trolling hard and getting people talking about him and in his threads...

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    First of all, I really have no dog in this fight. If someone can prove a more experienced and physically developed Sabonis somehow outplayed a much younger (and perhaps considerably smaller Robinson...I believe he was less than 6-8 when he went to the Naval Academy)...so what? The numbers that we have certainly don't even prove that. But, the numbers from their NBA days give D-Rob a solid edge. Here again, if an 80's Sabonis was god-like, great. But from what I have read, and watched, he was a skilled, and powerful man, but with limited mobility, speed, and athleticism. Furthermore, and much like almost every other 7-3 player hat has ever played the game, he was injury-prone.

And while you may want to believe that a Sabonis was better than an NBA Hakeem, Robinson, and Ewing...you wll have to provide me, and other's here, much more conclusive evidence.

In any case, this supposedly totally dominating Sabonis never appeared in an NBA uniform.
    Sabonis never dominated Robinson in either of their matchup. A lot of people here overrate Sabonis because they can easy used his injury as an excuse.

Good college starter

The corpse of Mc Adoo dominated the Euroleague in those era. If Sabonis was that great like those aforementioned centers, he would have done the same.