Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast
    Banned

Default Can anyone break the most points in a modern game of 81 points....

Is there anyone currently that you think can break this record of most points in a game in modern basketball history? I consider this a record more so than Wilt's 100 point game because of the barrage of points Kobe dropped and scoring in every single way.

Default Re: Can anyone break the most points in a modern game of 81 points....

I have a hard time seeing anyone do it tbh

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    I have a hard time seeing anyone do it tbh
    Jesus christ man, you literally lick shit up don't you.

Unlikely, but for a player to score that much, the whole team has to be on board. That requires an insane amount of FG attempts and it takes a conscious team decision to allow a player to take that many shots.
    Last edited by GrapeApe; 07-21-2013 at 03:36 PM.

I rule the local playground

Well nobody thought someone could score 100 so it is possible....

But ya like someone else said it would have to be an agreement between the team....it would be a game like Kobe's where the player is aiming to score as much as possible and his teammates have to set him up for that and giving him the ball in every possession...

Don't know any teams that would do that nowadays...maybe trade KD or Melo to the bobcats....

Local High School Star scott0326's Avatar

I feel like Melo could, he'd definitely be willing to shoot enough to score 81.

Yea, I don't know if I'd want to shoot that much personally as a player. I'd feel really bad about it when around teammates. Like I was relentlessly selfish. I'd be embarrassed, basically.

With that said, there is a handful of players who have the ABILITY to do it: Durant, Melo, and LeBron.

But I don't think any of them would be that relentlessly selfish during the game to focus exclusively on scoring for the entire game and nothing else. At some point, they will take their foot off the scoring gas and make a concerted effort to get others involved like well rounded players once the defensive is totally focused on them. Especially LeBron. He's done it before.

Melo might do it, he'd have no problem shooting that amount of shots but Bron and Durant are too selfless.

Kobe was sitting in the late 60's, early 70's that game and the Lakers had the game in hand. At that point the "defense" was focused on him, he could've started getting his teammates involved but he he chose not to ... re-watch the game. As I have many times.

It was amazing and captivating when I first watched it, but rewatchability factor makes me like it less and less, and it becomes actually in a basketball sense disturbing to watch. It comes across as very selfish.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Is there anyone currently that you think can break this record of most points in a game in modern basketball history? I consider this a record more so than Wilt's 100 point game because of the barrage of points Kobe dropped and scoring in every single way.
    Buts Wilt's 100 pt game is officially the most points scored in a game.....so it IS the record, not just what people consider is the record. Kobe's 81 isn't

Quote Originally Posted by alleykat
    Buts Wilt's 100 pt game is officially the most points scored in a game.....so it IS the record, not just what people consider is the record. Kobe's 81 isn't
    Yes, but it was WILT. No one counts HIS records.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Yea, I don't know if I'd want to shoot that much. I'd feel really bad about it when around teammates. Like I was relentlessly selfish. With that said, there is a handful of players who have the ABILITY to do it: Durant, Melo, and LeBron. But I don't think any of them would be that relentlessly selfish during the game to focus exclusively on scoring for the entire game and nothing else. At some point, they will take their foot off the gas and make a concerted effort to get others involved like well rounded players once the defensive is totally focused on them. Especially LeBron. Melo might do it, but Bron and Durant are too selfless. Kobe was sitting in the late 60's, early 70's that game and the Lakers had the game in hand. At that point the defense was focused on him, he could've started getting his teammates involved but he he chose not to ... re-watch the game. As I have many times. It was amazing when I first watched it, but rewatchability factor makes me like it less and less, and it becomes actually in a basketball sense disturbing to watch. It comes across as very selfish.
    It wasn't disturbing consider how the team played as a whole in the first half. Everyone was pretty much called it a day and the only guy that wanted to play was Kobe. So the team pretty much force fed him the ball but it was amazing.

Lamar slipped during the post game interview, when he said that Kobe was crying at halftime because they were down so much to the Raptors. "Kobe was cryyy..." then he stopped. Kobe's eyes were red as hell. I wouldn't doubt it consider how competitive he wants to win.

Because of that and the fact that Kobe is a great scorer, it played into the record.

Banned

It took Kobe 46 FGAs to reach 81 points...

Zach Randolph is the only active player not named Kobe to have 40 FGA in one game.

^81 PTs on 46 shots is ridiculous efficiency

Of course, when Chamberlain was just obliterating all the scoring records, it came in a league in which many players were doing it.

Oh wait, in Chamberlain's 14 seasons in the NBA, there were a total of 37 60+ point games, and Wilt had 32 of them. Oh, and aside from Wilt, there were only two other players who accomplished a 60+ point game in the Wilt-era.

Sorry...just forget I posted this...

What is better 81 points or 100 points how Wilt did it?
    I think Kobe's was better even though it was against the shitty Raptors. But it was in the modern era.

STFU about Wilt. For years it's all this clown has ever talked about.