Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer 1987_Lakers's Avatar

Default Re: Can we admit Hillary had the worst campaign of all-time?

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne
    In the EC system, it was indeed a landslide. And the fact HRC lost a landslide EC race yet won the popular vote suggests her campaign was very flawed.
    306 to 232 is a landslide? Ok.

Quote Originally Posted by Bourne
    In the EC system, it was indeed a landslide. And the fact HRC lost a landslide EC race yet won the popular vote suggests her campaign was very flawed.

The point I would like to add to this discussion is.... which single statement by either candidate hurt them the most? Trump's audio tape was bad, but it didn't change any minds or bring anyone to the polls - on the other hand (that isn't grabbing her by the p*ssy), the "basket of deplorables" comment to me was the single stupidest thing said by either candidate all year. You never attack the voter base, period. That wasn't a leak, that wasn't bravado caught on tape, that wasn't an email from a campaign advisor with gross content, that wasn't a campaign advisor making a dumb statement on the news, that was a planned statement made during a campaign speech.
    it wasn't really a landslide though. obama in 2012 and '08 is a landslide.

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    Not that Obama had real competition doe. 290 for Trump is still pretty impressive, considering that he was supposed to lose.

Quote Originally Posted by fiddy
    Not that Obama had real competition doe. 290 for Trump is still pretty impressive, considering that he was supposed to lose.
    meh. losing to a reality tv star is embarrassing for hillary imo
    mccain was good but no one was voting republican right after bush
    romney was decent but boring and unrelatable. hope he ends up on trump's staff though.
    290 is definitely impressive though when you consider what hillary had on her side. she's a historically bad candidate.

They clearly underestimated the value of the mid-west states in the electoral college system. The liberal media bias gave the appearance that the Dems had this election in the bag, but the mainstream media doesn't represent middle America.

NBA sixth man of the year Micku's Avatar

Real landslides don't happen that much anymore.

You don't see stuff like Reagan, Nixon, FDR, or Ike type of victories. Those guys won 80 to 90% or more on the ECs.

This is a landslide:

Trump won 57% of the ECs if we count MI. In Clinton case, that's bad. She could've won MI and WI and still lost. Trump was supposed to have no chance.

It's pretty shocking that he accomplish what he did and embarrassing for her.

Also, I think they banked way too much on automatically getting the female vote. My mom is a Republican. She didn't vote for Bill or Obama, but she does like Bill Clinton. I thought for sure she would vote for Hillary because she's a woman, and because of the way Trump was being framed as a misogynist by the media... but she didn't care about any of that stuff, and voted for Trump.

Quote Originally Posted by Micku
    Real landslides don't happen that much anymore.

You don't see stuff like Reagan, Nixon, FDR, or Ike type of victories. Those guys won 80 to 90% or more on the ECs.

This is a landslide:

Trump won 57% of the ECs if we count MI. In Clinton case, that's bad. She could've won MI and WI and still lost. Trump was supposed to have no chance.

It's pretty shocking that he accomplish what he did and embarrassing for her.
    landslides like that are never going to happen again.

meh. losing to a reality tv star is embarrassing for hillary imo
    mccain was good but no one was voting republican right after bush
    romney was decent but boring and unrelatable. hope he ends up on trump's staff though.
    290 is definitely impressive though when you consider what hillary had on her side. she's a historically bad candidate.
    mccain was good? How come, old warmongering fart with zero charisma. That was an easy pick, especially after dubaya as you said. Im kind of curious, how Hillary's investors feel ATM, more than half a billion in the drain

Banned

Hitting 3 bills is a landslide.

What we think about landslide and sweeps from the past are long gone.

A modern day landslide is what we saw from Trump.

I was telling everyone that she ran a horrible campaign and you guys were being duped.

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    Hitting 3 bills is a landslide.

What we think about landslide and sweeps from the past are long gone.

A modern day landslide is what we saw from Trump.
    agree

trump won what, 3,080 out of something like 3,130 counties ? flipped 3 1980s blue states .. yes it was a landslide .. remember she had the whole machine behind her and he was still able to do what he did .. also I don't think she won the pv .. I'd like to know how many illegals and dead people voted for her

Instead of pointing out the fact that she has decades of experience in the political game whereas Trump has zero clue how politics work she played the "I am a woman and a woman should be president, and Mr Trump is a racist" card.

Incredible stupid if you think about it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by dude77
    trump won what, 3,080 out of something like 3,130 counties ? flipped 3 1980s blue states .. yes it was a landslide .. remember she had the whole machine behind her and he was still able to do what he did .. also I don't think she won the pv .. I'd like to know how many illegals and dead people voted for her
    And yet still didn't win the popular vote. Who cares if you win a county that has more livestock than humans?

She lost for many reasons, but James Comey coming out at the end with his fake investigation at the end tipped the scale. Something like 69% of voters said it affected their vote.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Duderonomy
    I'm more interested in political strategies than anything else. In my opinion Hillary underestimated two things non-mainstream media and progressives she alienated. Trump picked PENCE to solidify the conservative base. Hillary didn't have a left of center liberal representative.

Hillary was Trump's #1 hypeman. After the basket of deplorables comment. Every pro-trump group had a new name Trump's Deplorables, American Deplorables, Proud Deplorables, etc. It was brilliant marketing for him. Just like LoveTrumpsHate which has Trump's name in it to promote another candidate. lol.
    The deplorable comment was a huge mistake and a lot of people, even parts of the mainstream media, caught on it. It immediately reminded me of Romney's 47% comment except this one was probably ten times worse.

Are you kidding me? The candidate was the problem, not the campaign. They were in league with all the mainstream media to carefully craft the best message possible for them and the worst message possible for the opponent. It doesn't get much better than that. (although, they probably should've had a more clear message)

The problem was that you can only polish a turd so much. One of the least likable and electable candidates ever who was obviously only on the ballot due to corruption and nepotism. Clinton has virtually nothing going for her, that's why they pushed the "first female president" angle so much, it's the only thing Clinton has going on.
    In my opinion, there should be some fault to the campaign. I remember reading reports that Bill Clinton argued a lot with the campaign on strategy and how they weren't focusing on the economy. Not heeding his advice was a big mistake as that was one of the main reasons why they lost the rust belt states.