Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345
    I rep Lakers!

Default Re: Is Jeremy Lin the most educated player ever in the NBA?

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    How do you get above an A+ in high school? Or is an A+ more than a 4.0 in California?
    Honors & AP classes

OMG OMG MSG IS BACK FOR TIME WARNER!!!!!!!!!!! HOLY SHIT TIME FOR A CELEBRATION

LIN IN HD HERE WE COME <3

i was watchin nbatv which is what replaced msg for me here... and all of a sudden i see womens track. im like wtf nbatv... and than i see an MSG logo at the bottom right

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by caesarspoke
    Pretty sure Dr. J had a doctorate degree is medicine or something.
    Ha!

Original ISH CLTHornet CLTHornets4eva's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by noob cake
    I'm sure Lin was a pretty decent student in HS, but being a high level athlete helps you get into college.

Lets look at all the players who got into Duke, Stanford and to a lesser degree Georgetown, Michigan, UNC and UCLA. 95% of their recruits would not have gotten in without basketball.
    This.

Good acomplishment to get in, but it really only adds to his hype.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by CLTHornets4eva
    This.

Good acomplishment to get in, but it really only adds to his hype.
    It doesn't work like that in the Silicon Valley. Those high schools (I lived in that area) are more difficult than college. He obviously took advanced and honors classes. Additionally, he got a perfect score of the SAT 2 MATH C levels...extremely hard to do. He got in because he was academically qualified to be a Harvard student.

Quote Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
    Hate to break it to you but the world would not function without financial institutions.
    Without loans and investments all those doctors would have to operate on their living room couches with their kitchen knife sets.

And the engineers wouldn't be designing anything because there wouldn't be anyone to cover the costs.

Businesses need the ability to borrow.
    Bullshit. There are more people than ever going to get finance degrees today than any point in history. Yet in the past we've had tons of technological and scientific advances.

What I'm saying is, that in 10 years, we're going to start seeing the effects of this. There will be too many "money pushers" around and not enough innovators.

Who is going to borrow all that money when the only people who exist are the ones there to lend it?

Free your mind.

there's only one bill bradley.

ILL WILL RUNS NYC WhySoInsecure?'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Droid101
    Bullshit. There are more people than ever going to get finance degrees today than any point in history. Yet in the past we've had tons of technological and scientific advances.

What I'm saying is, that in 10 years, we're going to start seeing the effects of this. There will be too many "money pushers" around and not enough innovators.

Who is going to borrow all that money when the only people who exist are the ones there to lend it?

Free your mind.
    There's more people getting a college education in general.

I have plenty of friends who started out as engineering majors but switched to business/accounting because they couldn't handle the coursework. Now they're partying their way through college and have a GPA that rivals mine. A bunch of them graduated last year and still can't find a legit job.

Nothing is going to change over the next 10 years. A ton of people are reconsidering finance related majors due to the economy.

Our country won't go down the grain because of finance majors. We're falling behind because of our educational system. We teach kids how to pass exams instead of focusing on critical thinking and problem solving.

There is no innovation without investors. There's a VC behind every start-up. Our biggest strength is capital, unlike other countries we have people who are willing to throw money at ideas.

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Civil Engineering is actually one of the easiest engineering majors and idk about it being any harder than math. (both of my parents have MS in Civil, I'm doing Math/CS)
    It's harder than Math. Computer Science is about the same on civil engineering.

Engineering at a public school like Texas A&M, UT or Berkeley is more impressive than an economics or a business degree at Harvard.

Hate to break it to you but the world would not function without financial institutions.
    Without loans and investments all those doctors would have to operate on their living room couches with their kitchen knife sets.

And the engineers wouldn't be designing anything because there wouldn't be anyone to cover the costs.

Businesses need the ability to borrow.
    Engineers can do math. They can do the job finance majors do.

I rule the local playground keepinitreal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by heyhey
    Getting into Harvard prolly one of the hardest thing to do statistically speaking when it comes to education.

And unlike Stanford Harvard doesn't even give athletic scholarships
    Okay, this 3.1 gpa bachelors (undergrad) in econ from Harvard is really overrated.

Getting into ANY fully accredited MD/DO program, dental school (DDS or DMD), pharmacy school (PharmD), veterinarian school (DVM) > Harvard economics undergrad. Harvard Law school? Different story. But undergrad? meh.

There's more people getting a college education in general.

I have plenty of friends who started out as engineering majors but switched to business/accounting because they couldn't handle the coursework. Now they're partying their way through college and have a GPA that rivals mine. A bunch of them graduated last year and still can't find a legit job.

Nothing is going to change over the next 10 years. A ton of people are reconsidering finance related majors due to the economy.

Our country won't go down the grain because of finance majors. We're falling behind because of our educational system. We teach kids how to pass exams instead of focusing on critical thinking and problem solving.

There is no innovation without investors. There's a VC behind every start-up. Our biggest strength is capital, unlike other countries we have people who are willing to throw money at ideas.
    There's definitely a mutual relationship. Mark Zuckerberg is a great example.

And what's sad about engineering majors switching out is that they know the job prospects are much better. But they still complain anyways. You just gotta stick with it and have fun when you can. I had a job locked up 6 months out from graduation and I'm fully supporting myself. That can't be said for well over 50% of students my age.

Not only that, there's so many world challenges out there that require technological backgrounds. 30-40 years ago liberal arts were the degrees today...in 2012 I'm sorry but they don't have much of a place anymore. All these liberal hippies wanna bitch about global warming but don't want to get the technical backgrounds to attempt to solve it.