Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    9x All Defensive 1st And1AllDay's Avatar

Default Re: LAZERUSS is still the TRUE KING OF ESSAYS

King LAZ

Local High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by T_L_P
    What bugs me about Laz is, he posts these essays that are nothing but opposing Center FG%s, as if Wilt was defending said player on every possession.

And he never engages on Wilt's actual play. Show him a game highlight and he'll go on about how Wilt destroyed the opposing player seven years prior, as if that has anything to do with his stiff movements, bad timing/positioning, or his terribly lazy FT attempts (players would likely get benched for that today).

He's just so robotic. He sucks the wind out of every thread, and he never stops making excuses for Wilt.

Bested by a certain player? Doesn't matter, Wilt outperformed him in most of the other games.

Scoring dip from Regular Season to Playoffs to Finals? Doesn't matter, he could have scored more if he wanted to, and his coaches tried making him look bad.

Poor postseason play late in his career? Injured.

Poor FT shooting? Shaq wasn't good at the line either.

It's really boring now. He must know nobody reads his essays anymore.
    Possibly my all time excuse at the moment, blaming the time of day

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    And as Elosha pointed out, we don't know just how Wilt's physical play was affected by a seven game series, in which game six was a night game, and game seven was played two days later in the afternoon.

LeBron fan since 1988 AceManIII's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jameerthefear
    The funny thing is he was actually exposed a while ago. Seriously, check this post out: http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...7&postcount=53
    Honestly, after reading that thread...I will never respond to Laz again.

Quote Originally Posted by RRR3
    Literally every poster on this board is Jeff. In fact, this is Jeff on his RRR3 account responding to Jeff on his Marchesk account.
    We are all one. Lennon's dream was achieved. Jeff is Brahman. Lebron stans will be reincarnated as Kobe stans who will be reincarnated as Jordan stans. The final step is Wilt before Nirvana. Only a few have reached enlightenment.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by Marchesk
    Hmmm, Jeff? So let's see. Euroleague, Theoo, 3Ball, maybe Lazarus? Damn. Who else? Kenneth? Pauk? The entire Lebron family?
    He goes by Jeff Lauber on other boards. I assume its the same guy, though I guess I could be wrong.

Just wow

Quote Originally Posted by ThaRegul8r
    Four days ago, I posted a link to a post I’d written regarding Chamberlain’s competition I’d copied from another post I’d written where I was in a debate with someone who said Chamberlain had no competition.

For YEARS I’ve heard posters repeat that line, so finally, I had enough. I didn’t resort to making statements of unverified accuracy. No. I did research and posted the results. Anyone can look at those facts and check it for themselves and then see if these oft-repeated statements hold any truth to them.

See, that’s the beauty of TRUTH. That’s the wonderful thing about FACTS. You can’t argue against FACTS, because if you do, you end up looking like a fool. And you thereby expose your ignorance, and show that you’re not interested in the truth, just in your agenda.

I’ve referred people back to that post when the issue of Wilt’s competition would rise, and I suppose that I should actually save it elsewhere, because it’s dated January 2008, and as of now it’s nine pages away from the end of the archive, meaning by the beginning of the year it’ll be pushed out of the archives and lost forever, going the way of the many other posts I’ve made through the years.

Now, continuing from the last post, I expressed confusion over a double standard. I also am curious about something else. It’s a question I’ve had for a while, but recent events have caused me to raise this question.

I shared a take which I expressed elsewhere, several years ago. It is, to my knowledge, the oldest currently accessible post that I have written on a basketball message board which shows a stance I had on an issue. I am still consistent with that position today.

Others, however, have not been consistent, but have varied wildly through the years. In fact, certain positions might come as downright shocking today if people were aware of it. I myself find it fascinating observing how a person’s take on something can drastically change to the point that it’s unrecognizable.

For instance:

I myself find it downright MIND-BOGGLING that you could make such statements and yet no one had the sense enough to call attention to this disparity between this and what you would later say. It’s like there must have been no analytical thinkers. It never even OCCURRED to anyone that there was a discrepancy between the above statements and statements like this:

First your take is that modern players “far superior” to players of the past, and then you do a complete 180 with no one thinking anything of it.

I find this statement downright baffling considering you were guilty of disparaging them yourself.

Two days later:

Wait... first your demand for proof that modern athletes are more athletic than in the past, then two days later you say it’s indisputable? What? So vacillating.

Can’t even stay consistent for a couple of days. Speaking of consistency, though:

WOW.

Let me reiterate: Russell would be “another Ben Wallace with better passing, which isn’t saying much,” (a sentiment which you have expressed on NUMEROUS occasions in the past) and West, Robertson and maybe a handful of others “would be good players today, but all stars?” You are on RECORD as stating that some of the greatest players ever to have played the game would be good, but you question whether they would be all stars in the modern era. This is only a slight step up from the people who claim they would be benchwarmers today. Except, of course, Wilt, who would not only be an all star, but the best center in the league.

Defend Wilt to the hilt but throw his contemporaries under the bus.

You should APOLOGIZE to people like PHILA, who fights against this, and has been CONSISTENT for every post I’ve read of his. At the same time I was DEFENDING Wilt and the competition he played against against people who bashed them on various forums across the internet, lo and behold, jlauber is ON RECORD as being AMONG that number—yet paradoxically still praising Wilt, somehow not grasping the inherent contradiction in stating that while Wilt was the best, it’s doubtful as to whether anyone else of that era would be an all star in the modern game. Perpetrating THE VERY STEREOTYPE that I made a point to officially debunk 2 5/6 years ago in that post I linked to what I’d been hearing for YEARS by actually giving an in-depth look and providing FACTS. I’ve been CONSISTENT. I have NEVER ONCE at any point in life disparaged the players of the past, but have tried to educate people who don’t know as much about the men who paved the way for the game today.

I think of Wilt fans such as Judd Vance (Air Judden), who put together what is to this day the best Wilt site I’ve ever seen—which every Wilt fan I have ever seen has referred to at some point or other, and he NEVER made any statements like those you’re ON RECORD as making.

I told you my agenda is truth. I will remind you that you “challenged” me to provide examples of some of your statements. So I decided to throw in a bonus and go the extra mile. I think I and some others would be very interested in hearing your “explanation” of your unknown take. As I said in the first of these posts, I found very curious your choice of word “deceit.”

Of course, it must be obvious that you must not have said any of that either Wait, wait, I know... some KID hacked into your account, STOLE your identity and made those statements. That must also be the explanation for why you did indeed say that Wilt had four 50-point games against Russell in ’61-62. It wasn’t really YOU.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by jlauber
    “not to diminish guys like Russell and West, two great defenders...but defense back then was nowhere near as good as it is today.” – July 22, 2005

Quote:
    “I know that this is getting away from the original post some, but most people tend to diminish Wilt's accomplishments because he was so much bigger, taller, stronger, and more athletic than his opposing centers. And it is true, that when Wilt was scoring 50 ppg, it was Russell at 6-9 and Bellamy at 6-11, and the rest were pretty much 6-8 or 6-9 "stiffs." – January 24, 2006

Quote:
    “Wilt's competition in that 61-62 season was not stellar. Basically only Russell and Bellamy were anywhere near his ability...and neither could approach him in terms of statistical domination.” – May 5, 2007

Quote:
    “I know both you and I will get some flak from "old-timers" about how great some of them were . . . , but realistically, todays basketball players, although many lacking in fundamental skills, are far superior to the players of the 60's.”

I myself find it downright MIND-BOGGLING that you could make such statements and yet no one had the sense enough to call attention to this disparity between this and what you would later say. It’s like there must have been no analytical thinkers. It never even OCCURRED to anyone that there was a discrepancy between the above statements and statements like this:

Quote:
    “Centers of the 60's and 70's, so many in the HOF BTW, [had] size, athletic ability and certainly the skills of today's centers.”

Quote:
    “Look, if you want to believe that today's CENTERS, almost all of which YOU have NEVER heard of, are better than the GREATS from the 60's, 70's, and 80's...go right ahead.”

First your take is that modern players “far superior” to players of the past, and then you do a complete 180 with no one thinking anything of it.

Quote:
    “I am getting sick-and-tired of the assertion of the quality of players he faced.” – November 9, 2008

I find this statement downright baffling considering you were guilty of disparaging them yourself.

Quote:
    “the athletes are better today, no question”

Quote:
    “My personal opinion on athletics today is that, yes, today's athletes are generally bigger, stronger, faster, better trained, and better fed than those of 20 years ago or more.” – August 30, 2007

Quote:
    “You say today's big men are bigger, more athletic, and more skilled. Yes, they are slightly bigger. More athletic? Prove it.” – November 9, 2008

Two days later:

Quote:
    “The arguement that today's players and athletes are bigger, stronger, faster, better trained, better fed, have better equipment, better medical care, and yes, even better illegal performance enhancers, is indisputeable.”

Wait... first your demand for proof that modern athletes are more athletic than in the past, then two days later you say it’s indisputable? What? So vacillating.

Quote:
    “The players of today are generally, and probably considerably, bigger, stronger, faster than previous eras (obviously the further back you go, the bigger the differences.)”

Can’t even stay consistent for a couple of days. Speaking of consistency, though:

Quote:
    “There is no doubt in my mind that Wilt would be an all-star player today. I certainly wouldn't expect him to score 50 ppg, or grab 27 rpg...but perhaps 30 and 18, in his prime, would have been possible...which would place him above all the centers of today. I think someone on this forum said, or read something to the effect, that Wilt was a cross between Garnett and Shaq. That would be worth about $40 mil a year today.

How many other basketball players could you say that about? Perhaps Russell would be another Ben Wallace, albeit a better passer...but that is not saying much. Sure, West, Robertson, and maybe a handful of others would be good players today, but all-stars?”