Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Default Re: The Big Ass Second Term/Politics thread part IV

Quote Originally Posted by MightyWhitey
    Let her run. This is all democrats have left. Republicans are going to crush her and her campaign.
    kay

Local High School Star MightyWhitey's Avatar

http://smashinginterviews.com/interv...i-can-remember

Noam Chomsky Interview: "Obama is Carrying Out the Most Extreme Global Campaign of Terror That I Can Remember"

American linguist, philosopher, cognitive scientist, logician, political commentator and activist Noam Chomsky is sometimes known as the

Maybe the Super Bowl should have had this as a commercial: http://www.nbcnews.com/news/investig...ance-v21213547
    This the best post you've made yet and Obama does deserve criticism for this.

One for simplifying to the point of distortion and two for not realizing the loophole in the law that the insurance companies would exploit.

But let's not pretend the individual market for health insurance wasn't filled with scams and shoddy products. If you didn't get group insurance like through your employer or through an association like a union you were screwed. You often had health insurance until you got sick and then you pretty much didn't. They were the medical equivalent of the shitty mortgages created to rip off poor people.

Here's a Consumer Reports article on the reality of the low end of the individual health insurance market.

http://www.consumerreports.org/cro/m...ance/index.htm

I like this part
    In September 2010, Missouri regulators issued more than $1 million in fines against 13 companies and individuals that sold discount plans misrepresented as comprehensive health insurance. ..... One woman bought a plan to get the advertised free flu shot. A year and a half later, all she had to show for her $1,717 in payments was one denied claim … for the flu shot.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 02-20-2014 at 07:41 PM.

Also from http://conservativeamerican.org/ to Chomsky? You're eclectic.

[QUOTE=MightyWhitey]http://smashinginterviews.com/interv...i-can-remember

Noam Chomsky Interview: "Obama is Carrying Out the Most Extreme Global Campaign of Terror That I Can Remember"

American linguist, philosopher, cognitive scientist, logician, political commentator and activist Noam Chomsky is sometimes known as the

Quote Originally Posted by KevinNYC
    Also from http://conservativeamerican.org/ to Chomsky? You're eclectic.
    Nothing eclectic about it. Chomsky makes a valid educated point about our President. And the conservativeamerican.org articles on Obama and Hillary shine differently than the kid glove handling from liberal media outlets you're used to reading I am sure.

And the conservativeamerican.org articles on Obama and Hillary shine differently than the kid glove handling from liberal media outlets you're used to reading I am sure.
    Yeah, because recycling wingnut fantasies about the Clintons murdering Vince Foster is sticking it to the man!

This country would be better off if we smart, functioning republican party, supported by quality conservative media. We don't. Because most of the base doesn't care. They don't actually care about finding the truth, it's much more fun to peddle fantasies about Bill Clinton killing Vince Foster because HE KNEW TOO MUCH!

This one is my favorite bit from that list
    Hillary’s ‘Catching Osama’ Picture was Doctored, but Why?
    1/7/14 – From Chris Cillizza at the Washington Post: “In this May 1, 2011, image released by the White House and digitally altered by the source to obscure the details of a document in front of Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton, at right with hand covering mouth…” — So what document did she have that needed to be hidden from the public?
    I believe this is called political derangement syndrome where every single thing a person does needs to be viewed in the worst possible light. Of course, had the White House released a photo that revealed a classified document, the very same folks would scream about that too! I mean it's boring tendentious claptrap, but I guess it floats your boat.
    Last edited by KevinNYC; 02-21-2014 at 12:58 AM.

I believe this is political derangement syndrome where every single thing a person does needs to be viewed in the worst possible light.

Forgot why I came to this thread. Even though their prospects for 2016 aren't looking so hot, the GOP is looking pretty good in 2014. Off election year voters skew older and the 6th year of presidency is usually good for the other side.

Yeah, because recycling wingnut fantasies about the Clintons murdering Vince Foster is sticking it to the man!

This country would be better off if we smart, functioning republican party, supported by quality conservative media. We don't. Because most of the base doesn't care. They don't actually care about finding the truth, it's much more fun to peddle fantasies about Bill Clinton killing Vince Foster because HE KNEW TOO MUCH!

This one is my favorite bit from that list
    I believe this is called political derangement syndrome where every single thing a person does needs to be viewed in the worst possible light. Of course, had the White House released a photo that revealed a classified document, the very same folks would scream about that too! I mean it's boring tendentious claptrap, but I guess it floats your boat.
    Oh that is hilarious. But this is equally hilarious http://www.mrc.org/press-releases/co...iless-scrutiny

Liberal media burying bad news No...Nooo......nooooooooo
    Last edited by MightyWhitey; 02-21-2014 at 02:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by gigantes
    pretty much everything you just said is wrong.

she was one of the most active and involved 1st ladies in history. she served as a legit federal senator for how long? and it was more like the other way around from what i understand-- obama had to get over his stubbornness and ask what the clintons wanted as a concession for their absolutely crucial support. it doesn't sound like obama and bubba are very chummy, in fact.

you can make the case that bubba helped hillary to an appreciable extent... probably gave her key advice on a semi-regular basis... but she also has a strong independent streak and has been serving in her own high-pressure and high-profile situations for ages. TBH i'm not sure the GOP has a single member that can come close to her.

anyway, i don't know if she'd actually make a good president... just saying.

also, i don't see how the lewinski thing particularly hurts hillary, anyway. and i was addressing the original point which you were replying to-- that it's going to get messy for everyone involved the next three years.

personally, if you're bringing up the lewinski stuff after all this time, it's something of an indicator of how flaccid your overall campaign is.
    I found this great article about Hillary for you (and everyone else) to read:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...1226828701330#

What has Hillary actually achieved in public life?

Andrew Sullivan |
    The Times |
    February 17, 2014 12:00AM

THERE is one question, it seems, that no supporter of Hillary Clinton wants to answer. I stumbled across this in a dinner conversation with a ridiculously smart and informed Democrat, who was one of the Clintons

Banned

[QUOTE=MightyWhitey]http://smashinginterviews.com/interv...i-can-remember

[COLOR="Red"]ВИКТОР ЯНУКОВИЧ УЛЕТЕЛ В ХАРЬКОВ!!!!![/COLOR]

   

I found this great article about Hillary for you (and everyone else) to read:

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news...1226828701330# ...
    re: the post that you took a minor geological era to answer,
    re: the puff-piece article in question that you just posted,

what would you say is it that you are actually trying to say, please?