Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Default 25-6' year old jordan versus same age lebron...

Now this is the thread of the week, and I want a lot of posts on this one, everyone form the common trolls to the senior members are welcome to share their views...

STOP.... take a breath, think, think, think..... I see a lot of the same traits, in 1988-89 jordan and 10-11 lebron, its so similar its scary, and they have both benefited and surpassed eachother in some ways, now lets not forget this, lebron is an legit 6 foot 9 and a half, argulably 6 foot 10, hes talking to a weight around 265 pounds, has an argulably 4 foot 6 inch vertical atleast, and he has incredible footwork, same traits as jordan except he was 6 foot 6 and some centimeters, had around a 3 and a half foot vertical, and had amazing footwork, also note like lebron right now jordan had an awful lot of turnovers that season, and was still working on ball security, another not is he was far behind on his jumpshot and had no fadeway at the time, as lebron has both of these things although he has a lot of work he needs to do before he is as good of a shooter as the later jordan was but again give it some time, however on jordans case he had more 40 plus point games and has had tmore 50 plus point games then lebron has had from 84 to 89, he also has been in a dunk and contest(doesnt mean anything) and had more mvps at the time, lebron at his current age is as much of a defender as jordan is now, and has a powerful post game except he rarely uses it which makes some believe he doesnt have one, he shoots a bit too much although hes trying to develop his shot just like jordan shot an awful lot in 88-89, i was only 10 at the time but I done a lot of studiyng and analysis, another mention is that this was probably one of his worst seasons even though he just entered his prime in 87 which one of the best seasons any nba player has ever had with an serious mad 37 points per game average, So lets see some replys,

In a temporary conclusion, lebron has a slight advantage on jordan as a 25-26 year old in terms of athletic abilities, and is a better shooter and much better 3 point shooter than jordan was at that time, but jordan had more higher point games and was a bit more dynamic in that season so its more like a draw as both of them would be strongly competing for mvp at that season if lebron was his age back then, jordan knows that so hes not too fond of lebron, another thing to note is lebron has more points(15,000+) right now then jordan had at his age,

I will be responded freqently to this thread, and please no mention of kobe, this is only concerning jordan and lebron, and try to stay on topic, and I welcome links to pics, videos, and articles including stat charts.

Decent college freshman

Default Re: 25-6' year old jordan versus same age lebron...

Jordan would tear Lebron to pieces.

Jordan>Lebron

Banned

Kobe would tear Lebron and Jordan to pieces.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore UwishUhadWall's Avatar

Yeah I'm sure Lebron has a 54 inch vertical

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Kobe Bryant at 25 (2003-2004) - 24pts / 5.5 boards / 5.1 assists / .438 FG% per game

Lebron James at 25 (2009-2010) - 29.7 pts / 7.3 boards / 8.6 assists / .503 FG% per game

Michael Jordan at 25 (1988-1989) - 32.5 pts / 8 boards / 8 assists / .538 FG% per game

Jordan > Lebron > Kobe at 25.
    Last edited by da dream; 01-22-2011 at 11:16 PM.

Decent college freshman

Quote Originally Posted by da dream
    Kobe Bryant at 25 (2003-2004) - 24pts / 5.5 boards / 5.1 assists per game

Lebron James at 25 (2009-2010) - 29.7 pts / 7.3 boards / 8.6 assists per game

Michael Jordan at 25 (1988-1989) - 32.5 pts / 8 boards / 8 assists per game

you forgot the most important stat, field goal percentage.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by da dream
    Kobe Bryant at 25 (2003-2004) - 24pts / 5.5 boards / 5.1 assists per game

Lebron James at 25 (2009-2010) - 29.7 pts / 7.3 boards / 8.6 assists per game

Michael Jordan at 25 (1988-1989) - 32.5 pts / 8 boards / 8 assists per game

2004= best defensive season of all time, fact.

Quote Originally Posted by KG5MVP
    you forgot the most important stat, field goal percentage.
    Fixed

Quote Originally Posted by Walduś
    2004= best defensive season of all time, fact.
    Yeah ok 2004 is nothing compared to the physical style of defense that was played during the late 1980's and early 1990's.

Serious playground baller Monkey D Dragon's Avatar

lol i always see jordan stans say this all the time.
    LOL and the funny thing is these fools never watched 80's ball and 90's ball so Tell me how the fucccck do you know it was more Physical or not?

lol i always see jordan stans say this all the time.
    Why do you constantly just say pure sh*t when someone gives you a legit fact. In the late 80s, early 90s, the way defenders could hand check, play physical, made it much harder for the offensive player to get space. Someone like Durant who shy's away from physical contact would average 15-18 ppg in that era considering every defender played artest-like defense back then.

Clippersfan86
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Jordan not even close. Lebron is a good defender as was Kobe at 25... but Jordan can completely change a game with his defense while scoring 30+ points on efficient scoring.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore UwishUhadWall's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D Dragon
    LOL and the funny thing is these fools never watched 80's ball and 90's ball
    Think again.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by fubu05
    Why do you constantly just say pure sh*t when someone gives you a legit fact. In the late 80s, early 90s, the way defenders could hand check, play physical, made it much harder for the offensive player to get space. Someone like Durant who shy's away from physical contact would average 15-18 ppg in that era considering every defender played artest-like defense back then.
    there's another one.

Quote Originally Posted by Monkey D Dragon
    LOL and the funny thing is these fools never watched 80's ball and 90's ball so Tell me how the fucccck do you know it was more Physical or not?

Because when you watch basketball in the 1980's, 1990's and 2000's you can see the difference in the style of play. Not everybody on this board is 13 years old.

Fact is I hated Jordan when he played, but I can still recognize that he is one of the GOAT.