Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    NBA Superstar

Default Re: Russell Westbrook on Reggie Jackson's victory celebration: "Some real bull****"

Quote Originally Posted by AirFederer
    So Reggie should not cheer on his teams crowd? What, because he used to play for okc?? I say WBrick is a flaming returd

You're paid to win, not keep old "friends" on former teams
    Considering their history, I'm guessing there was a lot of extracurricular stuff. For instance, here's Jackson repeatedly telling Westbrook to "Get out" while Nick Collison calls him a bitch from the sideline: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZIkorCcEvc

In that case, sure, one can say you're not supposed to be friends so whatever. But just the same, I'd suppose Westbrook's distaste from those events would also be understandable, since he's clearly not keeping old friends on former teams in this case either.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Reggie Jackson didn't do shit to win this game, OKC was playing without their best player and their 3rd best player and Westbrook shot like shit. Yet Detroit still barely won. Dude should be thankful his frontcourt dominated OKC's because the backcourt sure as hell didn't

Morris + Harris >>>>>> Waiters + Singler
    Not defending the way Jackson acted or anything but for as bad as he played for 45 minutes, at least he showed up in the clutch. Something like eight points in the last two minutes or so? Including that big two-handed dunk through the middle of the paint?

For a team fighting for a playoff spot, I thought Jackson would have had more than a right to celebrate and be excited, even if he played poorly, because that was a big win for the team. Unfortunately, his celebration appeared to have just as much to do with trash talking his former club :-(
    Last edited by Rake2204; 03-30-2016 at 10:59 AM.

Band

Default Re: Russell Westbrook on Reggie Jackson's victory celebration: "Some real bull****"

Still some feels going on.

Russ still mad lmao

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    OKC did Reggie dirty and lol @ Westbrook. If he didn't want Reggie to celebrate maybe he shouldn't be the most unclutch player of all-time. He throws the most off-balanced, ill-advised threes in clutch time like a damn baboon on meth.
    Did him dirty? Reggie demanded a trade and OKC gave it to him. Reggie was the one the team had to freeze out because he shot every time he touched the ball (not a good look for a PG).

Band

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid
    Did him dirty? Reggie demanded a trade and OKC gave it to him. Reggie was the one the team had to freeze out because he shot every time he touched the ball (not a good look for a PG).
    Exactly.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Considering their history, I'm guessing there was a lot of extracurricular stuff. For instance, here's Jackson repeatedly telling Westbrook to "Get out" while Nick Collison calls him a bitch from the sideline: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZIkorCcEvc

In that case, sure, one can say you're not supposed to be friends so whatever. But just the same, I'd suppose Westbrook's distaste from those events would also be understandable, since he's clearly not keeping old friends on former teams in this case either.

Not defending the way Jackson acted or anything but for as bad as he played for 45 minutes, at least he showed up in the clutch. Something like eight points in the last two minutes or so? Including that big two-handed dunk through the middle of the paint?

For a team fighting for a playoff spot, I thought Jackson would have had more than a right to celebrate and be excited, even if he played poorly, because that was a big win for the team. Unfortunately, his celebration appeared to have just as much to do with trash talking his former club :-(
    You're right, he had every right to celebrate a big win like that. Especially since now they will likely get to the playoffs. I don't watch many Piston games, does he celebrate every big win like that? It certainly felt forced and he wanted to rub it in OKC's face, but you know better than I do because you watch Reggie on a regular basis

NBA Superstar

You're right, he had every right to celebrate a big win like that. Especially since now they will likely get to the playoffs. I don't watch many Piston games, does he celebrate every big win like that? It certainly felt forced and he wanted to rub it in OKC's face, but you know better than I do because you watch Reggie on a regular basis
    Nopers, he most definitely doesn't celebrate every win like that, which is why I threw in that last sentence about his enthusiasm last night unfortunately being just as much about trash talking his former team as it was about being happy to edge closer to the playoffs.

It was a big win either way, and he bounced back from a terrible first 46 minutes for a strong closing stretch, but the constant "Get out" comments aimed toward Westbrook, the brief glare at the Thunder bench, and words exchanged between him and Steven Adams... all adds up to something not too great.

If he'd just raised the roof and concentrated solely on the crowd and his own teammates in getting them excited and celebrating, it would have been all good.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Nopers, he most definitely doesn't celebrate every win like that, which is why I threw in that last sentence about his enthusiasm last night unfortunately being just as much about trash talking his former team as it was about being happy to edge closer to the playoffs.

It was a big win either way, and he bounced back from a terrible first 46 minutes for a strong closing stretch, but the constant "Get out" comments aimed toward Westbrook, the brief glare at the Thunder bench, and words exchanged between him and Steven Adams... all adds up to something not too great.

If he'd just raised the roof and concentrated solely on the crowd and his own teammates in getting them excited and celebrating, it would have been all good.
    It's all good, sometimes rivalries get built because of bad blood. But it's not usually from ex-teammates

They don't play until next season...unless they were to... uhhh...ahem... uhhh... meet in the Finals Sign me up for that

the irony...

RW has a conniption fit every time he does something remotely well but he gets butt hurt when someone else gets hyped up?

What a hypocrite.

Quote Originally Posted by HurricaneKid

RW shoots the ball 30-40 times a game when he feels like it and freezes his bigs out to the point where they just want to touch the ball to stay warmed up....

Says the guy who screams and flexes after every dunk.

Man all you guys saying his celebration was too much are Charmin'.

Sealed up the playoffs. Beat his old team. Doesn't like his old team.

He is doing the 80s here. This is alpha level shit. And ya'll bitching and moaning it was too much. Get out of here.

Give me more of this. Detroit Bad Boys.

Decent college freshman

Reggie Jackson didn't do shit to win this game, OKC was playing without their best player and their 3rd best player and Westbrook shot like shit. Yet Detroit still barely won. Dude should be thankful his frontcourt dominated OKC's because the backcourt sure as hell didn't

Morris + Harris >>>>>> Waiters + Singler
    This.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Man all you guys saying his celebration was too much are Charmin'.

Sealed up the playoffs. Beat his old team. Doesn't like his old team.

He is doing the 80s here. This is alpha level shit. And ya'll bitching and moaning it was too much. Get out of here.

Give me more of this. Detroit Bad Boys.
    Even though I'm not a big fan of RJ, I agree. I'm tired of everyone getting along with one another. I don't understand why you get a T when you talk smack to opponents as well , makes the game much more fun.

RJ celebrating is funny because he played like shit this game though. Dude just need to cut down his shooting by 50% and start passing a lot more, particularly to DrummGOAT. The disrespect he gets despite being the best player in the team. RJ is the 4th or 5th best player on the team since JVG got two incredibly helpful starters for the team.