Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

Default Re: Whiteside in march: 30.1mpg 17.7ppg 12.8rpg 3.2bpg .607%fg .800%ft (on 6 attempts)

Quote Originally Posted by SchrOEder
    interesting situation for the heat:

you have long term contracts for bosh and dragic

but everything else has to be evaluate in the offseason.
    deng, wade, whiteside

wade will probably resign for like 12mio i guess.

but what about deng and whiteside?
    Why would we care about a Luol Deng on the wrong side of 30 when we have Winslow and Richardson?

Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Re: Whiteside in march: 30.1mpg 17.7ppg 12.8rpg 3.2bpg .607%fg .800%ft (on 6 attempts)

Quote Originally Posted by Smoke117
    Why would we care about a Luol Deng on the wrong side of 30 when we have Winslow and Richardson?
    dont you think he had an imortant role? i didnt watch many heat games, so its a serious question.

at least a team consisting of

bosh
    wade
    whiteside
    deng
    johnson
    winslow

looks better than the cavs..... not far away from them on offense (if anything) and consierably better on defense

anyways, the east playoffs will be so fun to watch. west is maybe better overall, but round1 will be so boring. whereas the east ist just unpredictable.

hawks are being underrated by everyone
    Last edited by SchrOEder; 03-27-2016 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SchrOEder
    dont you think he had an imortant role? i didnt watch many heat games, so its a serious question.

at least a team consisting of

bosh
    wade
    whiteside
    deng
    johnson
    winslow

looks better than the cavs..... not far away from them on offense (if anything) and consierably better on defense

anyways, the east playoffs will be so fun to watch. west is maybe better overall, but round1 will be so boring. whereas the east ist just unpredictable.

hawks are being underrated by everyone
    I'll say this about Deng, he's looked like a different player since switching to the 4. Imo he's a small ball PF for the rest of his career. He's been that effective. I don't know what the Heat will do with him but he's suddenly become an interesting piece.

The amazing thing about the Heat's current situation is the sudden (and unlikely) emergence of a great young core. Whiteside basically fell into our laps, Winslow's availability surprised everyone, and J-Rich might be the steal of the draft. I could probably throw Tyler Johnson's name in there too.

Assuming Bosh is forced to retire:

Dragic / TJ
    Wade / J-Rich
    JJ / Winslow
    Durant / Deng
    Whiteside / Someone

Salary-wise I don't know if that is realistic, but one can dream right?

Banned

We need to have that DPOY convo. Leading in blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Man River
    We need to have that DPOY convo. Leading in blocks.
    He has more blocks than several teams. He won't and shouldn't win DPOY, but it's fair to say he's in the conversation. He will get some votes.

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    Too bad he is leaving to get a max somewhere, you only got him for another month
    Heat will be able to afford him when the cap goes up and he's absolutely worth paying.

Whiteside's gone. He's still not starting and I'm sure he hates Spo by now. He knows he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by DoctorP
    Whiteside's gone. He's still not starting and I'm sure he hates Spo by now. He knows he is gone.
    Him not starting is more of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" than anything. The Heat are 14-6 since the break and Whiteside is still playing starter minutes. Make no mistake though, if the Heat lock him up this summer he will be the starting center. The comment about him hating Spo is completely speculative and unfounded. In fact Spo is the one who worked with him to improve his shooting.

I've mentioned this before, but Riley will prioritize keeping Whiteside. He's a potential franchise center and Riley loves big men. I'm not saying it's 100% guaranteed he stays, but the Heat are the odds on favorite to sign him.

Proves idiots wrong Human Error's Avatar

Player of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe
    Him not starting is more of "if it ain't broke don't fix it" than anything. The Heat are 14-6 since the break and Whiteside is still playing starter minutes. Make no mistake though, if the Heat lock him up this summer he will be the starting center. The comment about him hating Spo is completely speculative and unfounded. In fact Spo is the one who worked with him to improve his shooting.

I've mentioned this before, but Riley will prioritize keeping Whiteside. He's a potential franchise center and Riley loves big men. I'm not saying it's 100% guaranteed he stays, but the Heat are the odds on favorite to sign him.
    it's a no brainer - Riles has been shouting this since earlier in the season, if not last season. he's been sold on Whiteside since his emergence and knew all he needed was some polishing to get his 2k ratings up

the dilemma will come when pitching to KD, and how they can fit Wade in the mix as he's going to call for $$$ once again. I assume he settles for a descent long term (3yrs) due to his $20+ mil 1yr gift this past season but we shall see. Wade being on the squad is going to be key for KD too - so Riley does have some work cut out for him in locking up the Heat core and pitching that to KD

going to be a really fun offseason for Miami once again

Good High School Starter Crimsonrain777's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GrapeApe

Spo worked with Josh Richardson as well to improve his 3-point shooting. Spo works alot on player development it seems
    Last edited by Crimsonrain777; 03-29-2016 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by r15mohd
    it's a no brainer - Riles has been shouting this since earlier in the season, if not last season. he's been sold on Whiteside since his emergence and knew all he needed was some polishing to get his 2k ratings up

the dilemma will come when pitching to KD, and how they can fit Wade in the mix as he's going to call for $$$ once again. I assume he settles for a descent long term (3yrs) due to his $20+ mil 1yr gift this past season but we shall see. Wade being on the squad is going to be key for KD too - so Riley does have some work cut out for him in locking up the Heat core and pitching that to KD

going to be a really fun offseason for Miami once again
    Yeah, I think Wade will take a cap-friendly deal. His one year deal this season was essentially the beginning of a front-loaded 4 year plan. I also agree that Wade is important for the recruitment of KD. Riley indeed has some work to do, but hey, they don't call him the Godfather for nothing.

Local High School Star

Man where do y'all get these theories?

Quote Originally Posted by HiphopRelated
    Man where do y'all get these theories?
    Watching the games

I think of all possible scenarios.

Detective mind.

I predicted LeBron leaving.

Watching the games

I think of all possible scenarios.

Detective mind.

I predicted LeBron leaving.
    Before or after the 2014 finals?

I really do think Whiteside stays, but you never completely know what is happening behind the scenes. If he chooses to go elsewhere, so be it. If so, I trust Riley will use the cap space wisely.