Default Howard Was Disinterested Last Year Cuz Feelings Were Hurt

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/1...-dwight-howard

"There were times I was disinterested because of situations that happened behind the scenes that really hurt me," Howard said in a May interview with ESPN's Jackie MacMullan. "It left me thinking, 'This is not what I signed up for.'"

Way to be professional Dwight

College star

Default Re: Howard Was Disinterested Last Year Cuz Feelings Were Hurt

Use the millions of dollars you aren't worth to buy happiness.

Some people aren't able to isolate their emotions, regardless of their professional obligations. He's going to have a good year this season, he seems to mend well with the Hawks.

Quote Originally Posted by TemporaMutantur
    Some people aren't able to isolate their emotions, regardless of their professional obligations. He's going to have a good year this season, he seems to mend well with the Hawks.
    You're a professional and getting paid tens of millions of dollars AND still getting all the minutes you regularly get...yet you decide to half ass it cuz your feelings are hurt?

Dwight is such a mental POS. Be professional, go out and play. You signed the contract and are getting 10 of millions of dollars.

AS if we didn't need another reason to see this guy is a bum, exhibit #10921

He demands the ball in the post, but he's inefficient there. Plus, he needs rest for the playoffs.....which they missed because he was being a baby.

If I was a Rockets fan I would be happy to see the end of the Howard experiment

Agreed. They're shallow as hell this year (ATL is), but with a rejuvenated Dwight in Bud's system... Schroder, Bazemore, Millsap and D12 is enough for a 7-8 seed at least. Think they can surprise some people and give a team like Boston or Indy some surprising fits in the first round, though they don't have enough to win anything.

NBA sixth man of the year

I agree with you also. The amount of money you're making does not matter if you don't feel some kind of connect with the job you're doing and who you're doing it with.

Quote Originally Posted by ralph_i_el
    He demands the ball in the post, but he's inefficient there. Plus, he needs rest for the playoffs.....which they missed because he was being a baby.

If I was a Rockets fan I would be happy to see the end of the Howard experiment
    He needs rest? He plays 32 MPG

Quote Originally Posted by ScalsFan21
    Agreed. They're shallow as hell this year (ATL is), but with a rejuvenated Dwight in Bud's system... Schroder, Bazemore, Millsap and D12 is enough for a 7-8 seed at least. Think they can surprise some people and give a team like Boston or Indy some surprising fits in the first round, though they don't have enough to win anything.
    "Rejuvenated" Dwight. As if that exists, that's the same shit Rockets fans were saying after he left LA. Look what happened there.

Dude is a loser with a loser mentality. It's just going to continue going downhill for him regardless of where he plays.

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    He needs rest? He plays 32 MPG
    I'd rather he give me a focused 25 mpg during the regular season (if I'm his coach), especially when I have a young player who can step into a similar role.

Then you get big minutes out of him in the playoffs and try to go for the ring

but what do I know

cant blame he when he played for a team like houston rockets, fans there are crazy mfkers.

Quote Originally Posted by Doranku
    "Rejuvenated" Dwight. As if that exists, that's the same shit Rockets fans were saying after he left LA. Look what happened there.

Dude is a loser with a loser mentality. It's just going to continue going downhill for him regardless of where he plays.
    I don't disagree with any of that. Big difference is the much higher quality system, and no Harden. He's the kind of guy who does desperately need to be a big part of what's happening in order to maintain his interest, and he WILL have that in ATL. I'm not saying he'll bounce back to anything like his Magic days, but it wouldn't surprise me to see somewhat of a comeback year at all.

I know a lot of people hate Dwight but I hope he can have a good season this year with Atlanta, use to love watching him on the Magic