Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Default Re: Former NBA Ref says "Jordan's push off was an offensive foul..."

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    Hell no Kobe doesn't foul people

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lebron23
    If Lebron James and Dwayne Wade are the one who hit that shot after pushing B. Russell most people here in PEX would go on strike. But at the end of the day it was Michael " Freakin" Jordan greatest player of all time and the man who brought millions and prestige in David Stern's NBA.

That is what you call as a facking Double Standard i hope someday it will never happen in an NBA Finals.

J- Whistle > D-Whistle and Bron Whistle

Yeah... dismiss everything else Jordan hsa done because that one play he bent the rules a bit, right?

I don't get why you clowns are crying. That same push off wouldn't be called if it was Wade, Lebron, Iverson, Kobe or even a second rate superstar like Melo. You think Jordan--who's like another 4 levels above all the names I just mentioned--would, or should, get called for that?

Just that year alone, Reggie's push on Jordan was more blatant and t hat wasn't called. Neither was Shaq's bodyblock on Steve Smith in the final minute of game 7 WCF in 2000. Rodman was bodyblocked--as he was attempting a shot--by like two Lakers in the final seconds of game 7 of the 1989 Finals and there was a no call.

Quote Originally Posted by RidonKs
    Haha, I thought the same thing. He's pretty young though, grade 9 or something. Still, I honestly have trouble imagining someone being on a basketball messageboard (a lot in this situation) and not having seen that shot.
    Yeah, I was a little surprised as well. This is probably the most talked about call in league history.

HeartHustleHope

Quote Originally Posted by Agent_Zero
    No idea how MJ's pushoff was like. Was he more aggressive or was it just normal? Any links?
    Seriously?

HeartHustleHope

Look, if the ref doesn't call it, then it's not a foul.

Period.

Quote Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game

Period.

That is a very unreasonable logic this is the proper way to summarize the game.

bad calls and no-calls are part of the game, and it shouldn't be a reason why you lost a game. In fact, you have 48 minutes of chances to win a ball game.

Last edited by Lebron23; 08-18-2007 at 05:09 AM.

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

yeh and bill russels blocks were goal tending who gives a **** if jordan pushed abit its not like he wasnt pushed back alot

Intelligent fan

Quote Originally Posted by 20 Dimes A Game

Period.
    Wrong. Absolutely wrong. Especially with this Tim Donaghy crap going on.

Example of refs not calling fouls

Example of refs favoring superstars

Refs favor superstars. They sometimes overlook fouls or either give ticky tack fouls for no apparent reason.
    Last edited by Kobe24; 08-18-2007 at 06:12 AM.

Decent playground baller

If Lebron James and Dwayne Wade are the one who hit that shot after pushing B. Russell most people here in PEX would go on strike. But at the end of the day it was Michael " Freakin" Jordan greatest player of all time and the man who brought millions and prestige in David Stern's NBA.

That is what you call as a facking Double Standard i hope someday it will never happen in an NBA Finals.

J- Whistle > D-Whistle and Bron Whistle

That is a very unreasonable logic this is the proper way to summarize the game.

bad calls and no-calls are part of the game, and it shouldn't be a reason why you lost a game. In fact, you have 48 minutes of chances to win a ball game.
    This guy must the be dumbest rip-off artist, or a patient at a mental institution.

shhhhhhh

you can tell jordans push off was a foul, because loki only made one or two posts defending him....

J/K Loki

National High School Star sick_brah07's Avatar

http://youtube.com/watch?v=BVTIYTSCG90

watch this and plz tell me how any1 can ahte kobe i no his atitude sucks but i mean come on he can still score so much without getting calls

Intelligent fan

Quote Originally Posted by sick_brah07
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=BVTIYTSCG90

watch this and plz tell me how any1 can ahte kobe i no his atitude sucks but i mean come on he can still score so much without getting calls
    Yup. He had a span of 5 games or more in which he had this kind of treatment. It's terrible. I'm disgusted at the 1:51 mark.

Quote Originally Posted by Marikina
    This guy must the be dumbest rip-off artist, or a patient at a mental institution.

Your mom told me your a dumb midget i have 2 accounts in that forum. By the looks of it you live in Marikina i just live in Makati. Maybe i can kick your @ss before i buried you 6 ft and under.

Intelligent fan

Your mom told me your a dumb midget i have 2 accounts in that forum. By the looks of it you live in Marikina i just live in Makati. Maybe i can kick your @ss before i buried you 6 ft and under.
    You're the reason why MLH wants to leave this forum.

Quote Originally Posted by Kobe24
    You're the reason why MLH wants to leave this forum.

As usual most Filipinos are full of $hit especially those guys who spend their time insulting other poster.

Speaking of MLH8, why would he be sensitive his friend Matthius is one of the reason i do not want to post in the Cavaliers forum.

People who insult other people are what you called as jerk. In Short if you do not want to be insulted ina forum try acting like a mature person.

Now you see the guy chicken out after i proven him wrong. Typical Filipino attitude running out after proven he got humiliated.
    Last edited by Lebron23; 08-18-2007 at 05:39 AM.