Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Great Start!

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

Default Great Start!

Worked from home today so I could watch the game:

We beat last years top seed in the East comfortably away from home, very positive start to the season, a few things I took away from the game...

1 - Drummond looks hungry! And we are clearly going to him more in the paint. He appears to be getting more comfortable with his little spin right hook (it will never be a clean shot but could become a go to move for him).

2 - KCP looks like he is going to be a very smart basketball player, high IQ kind of guy. Just knows where to be and is more selective on his shot, making each one count.

3 - No sign of Tolliver / Bullock / Dinwiddie in our rotation to start the season,

4 - Reggie played well, but still takes bad shots at the end of the shot clock and gets into trouble when the D pressure him bringing up the ball.

5 - Morris looks like he is going to be our go to guy when we need a bucket, has a pretty smooth mid range game and loves the iso (and was pretty effective with it today)

6 - Atlanta clearly missed Carrol out there today, they just seemed out of sync and very weak on the wings

7 - Schroder is gong to be an absolute stud in this league in the near future

Default Re: Great Start!

I think this is the year that Drummond really cements himself as one of the leagues best bigs (has been on the fringe the last two seasons imo).

Yep he has to ^^ in order for us to keep moving forward as a franchise he needs to become one of the monsters of the league - 17 ppg, 15 rpg and 2 bpg should not be out of the question

I can't believe we got Morris and Bullock for basically nothing.

Marcus Morris about to have a breakout season.

NBA lottery pick

Bullock is going to be playing quite a bit more.

[QUOTE]Keith Langlois: Meeks has a Jones fracture of his foot .. Bullock going to get more chances now. No timetable on recovery yet

Decent college freshman

Bullock looks like a good fit and Meeks was looking awful, so no worries there.
    That said, I doubt Bullocks is a legit option in our full time rotation. .I think we'll see a trade for a bench scorer at some point.

Either way, very enthused about the start. I think we are going to surprise and end up a 5th-7th seed.

NBA lottery pick

Bench scorer would be Brandon Jennings.....

I think SVG likes Bullocks size (6'7) and his rangey / pesky defense just as much as his deep shooting - I think he can be a rotation guy to spell KCP

I am surprised we haven't seen more Tolliver - I guess that could be due to Ersan and Morris both playing pretty efficient Bball over the first two games.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    I think SVG likes Bullocks size (6'7) and his rangey / pesky defense just as much as his deep shooting - I think he can be a rotation guy to spell KCP

I am surprised we haven't seen more Tolliver - I guess that could be due to Ersan and Morris both playing pretty efficient Bball over the first two games.
    Thus far I'm more about giving Bullock the minutes anyhow. He has the most upside and I like his size and versatility better too. I agree with the last part. Morris has played well so far.

NBA lottery pick

Meeks is out for 4 months

[QUOTE] Jeff Zillgitt: Pistons G Jodie Meeks will miss 3-4 months after surgery on Thursday to repair a non-displaced fracture of fifth metatarsal in right foot.

Bullock was close to our best player in pre-season, he was a 1st round draft pick just a couple of years ago - just got drafted into a deep team.

Good length / Good defense / Good from deep / knows his role

I have faith these attributes will translate into being a solid cog off the bench for SVG's system

NBA lottery pick

He was in KCP's draft class and we all know it takes a few years for shooting guards to develop typically. Heck even look at McCollum in Portland. He's finally tearing it up a bit too. There's a lot of upside with Bullock for sure.

Even overall in the NBA there's just so much young talent that has been fun to watch. The last few drafts have ended up being incredibly deep, good drafts. This years rookie class has looked really impressive so far. Heat fans are as thrilled with Winslow as we are with Johnson. Knicks fans are loving Porzingas. Denver has a big time PG in Mudiay. Okafur looks like the beast everyone thought he would be. Anthony Towns looks like he'll be very good too. The Bulls might have to make a trade Portis has looked so good.
    Last edited by dd24; 10-30-2015 at 07:26 PM.

3-0 including wins over last years 1st and 3rd seeds in the East,

Dre is actually looking like a franchise player, averaging 19/16 with 2 blocks - he has had such an impact on these first 3 games,

And it looks like SVG has got the mix of player types right, as the machine is clicking well.

Reggie looks comfortable, KCP looks like a leader and Morris looks like some sort of a go to player,

let's keep this up - Pacers next

How is the rotation going to look like when Jennings comes back? Is he gonna come off the bench as a backup for Reggie?

NBA lottery pick

Jennings will be the back up to Reggie.

Dre has been incredible so far. This is what we've wanted from him for a while. I'm shocked at what Morris has been doing. Maybe getting away from his twin brother has been a good thing for him. He was kind of in his shadow. Definitely needed more Stanley Johnson. Imagine if KCP was hitting. It would have been a blowout.