Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter tmacattack33's Avatar

Default Re: Most clutch playoff performances

Quote Originally Posted by CelticBaller
    Dirk was known as a choker before 2011. His whole legacy depended on that great run he had, so yes he was under pressure. Im wondering when did you start to watch basketball.
    Yeah, Dirk's playoff run had a high impact on his overall legacy.

So what he did was definitely clutch.

Lebron's game 6 is what defines his legacy, it's not clutch in the way we know it.

it's of the same caliber as Jordan's final game as Bulls, Something that defines player's legacy, he ended up big.

For me as lebron's fan, it's his most important game ever. until he retires.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Probably Chris Bosh's 0-5 shooting performance of Game 7 last year.

No I don't know, Wade's 06 Finals game was pretty impressive, Dirk had a few in his title run - LeBron's had quite a few lately.

I always enjoyed Shaq's dominance in the early 2000's

Rondo's had some eye opening stat lines as well

I mean there's a handful every year ..

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by leMVP
    Lebron's game 6 is what defines his legacy, it's not clutch in the way we know it.

it's of the same caliber as Jordan's final game as Bulls, Something that defines player's legacy, he ended up big.

Are you his only fan?

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    2006 Finals game 3: Wade with 42 points and 13 rebounds. The Heat comeback down 13 points in the 4th Q, and then they went on to win 4 games in a row.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNBmR09eUPU
    Was there live and in person. Tremendous performance.

NBA sixth man of the year

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    Was there live and in person. Tremendous performance.
    I remember that. I thought for sure Dallas was going to be up 3-0.

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Are you his only fan?
    Others would argue, so i didn't generalize the assumption, baka.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by Rose'sACL
    my first nomination for this is 45pts by lebron against Celtics in 2012 ECF game 6. clearly the most clutch performance in recent history.
    Would have been a lot more meaningful, if it had happened in the 2011 series.

Facing elimination against a team that you beat in 5 games the year before (now 2 years removed from their last hurrah) is a lot less impressive.

I'm still amazed that the Heat put themselves in that situation in the first place.

The 2012 Celtics were done.

Quote Originally Posted by leMVP

Jordan's legacy was already well past 'defined' in that final game. He had won 5/5 with 5FMVP and 5MVPs. He was already GOAT. That last game was the icing on the cake of a spectacular and superlative career.

LeBron was in limbo for much of the time preceding game 6 Boston. After his egregious performance in 2011, no one gave a shit about how he performed in the regular season... or the first round, or whatever. It was win it all or bust.

Jordan never allowed that happen because he pretty much always stepped it up when required, unlike LeBron who has shrivelled up at times and somewhat invited this almost insurmountable pressure and expectation on him.

In isolation though, Game 6 Boston is in the top 5 performances I've ever seen. Maybe top 3. Definitely the best and most important game of his career. But let's not act like he didn't cause some of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Would have been a lot more meaningful, if it had happened in the 2011 series.

Facing elimination against a team that you beat in 5 games the year before (now 2 years removed from their last hurrah) is a lot less impressive.

I'm still amazed that the Heat put themselves in that situation in the first place.

The 2012 Celtics were done.
    it was heat who put themselves in that position. Boston was still a good team with great defense. The difference was no bosh for most of that series and wade scoring about 21 ppg instead of 30 ppg he put in the year before that against celtics.
    it is harder to play with a player who has always been putting up nearly 27-28 ppg a game and suddenly starts playing like a 20ppg guy rather than playing with a guy who has always been a 20ppg type of player.
    Keep hating like an idiot you are.

Quote Originally Posted by K Xerxes

Jordan's legacy was already well past 'defined' in that final game. He had won 5/5 with 5FMVP and 5MVPs. He was already GOAT. That last game was the icing on the cake of a spectacular and superlative career.

LeBron was in limbo for much of the time preceding game 6 Boston. After his egregious performance in 2011, no one gave a shit about how he performed in the regular season... or the first round, or whatever. It was win it all or bust.

Jordan never allowed that happen because he pretty much always stepped it up when required, unlike LeBron who has shrivelled up at times and somewhat invited this almost insurmountable pressure and expectation on him.

In isolation though, Game 6 Boston is in the top 5 performances I've ever seen. Maybe top 3. Definitely the best and most important game of his career. But let's not act like he didn't cause some of it.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    you could argue there was no pressure on him. the time he had pressure (when his team were favorites), Dirk failed spectacularly.
    How you know when you are an all time great player?

When 23/11/3 on 53% TS...while coming up super clutch in basically the deciding game 5 crunch time and having a 29/15/2 57% TS elimination game 6 is....

failing spectacularly

Banned

Dirk game 4 vs thunder in 2011. Mavs were down by 15 with 5 minutes left, and in those 5 mins, Dirk scored 12 points, hitting tough shot after tough shot as they went on to win in OT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OcRxWV_de4c

starts at 2:32

Quote Originally Posted by I<3NBA
    you could argue there was no pressure on him. the time he had pressure (when his team were favorites), Dirk failed spectacularly.

dont be so mad
    Last edited by DirkNowitzki41; 12-18-2013 at 07:41 PM.

Local High School Star Stringer Bell's Avatar

James Worthy in game 7 of the 1988 NBA Finals.

Walt Frazier in game 7 of the 1970 NBA Finals. I get tired of hearing about the Willis Reed story and not the great game Frazier had.