Default CAVS FANS - GOAT delusion and homerism

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Kyrie is better than Lillard

Waiters is better than Barnes

raep tiem

Default Re: CAVS FANS - GOAT delusion and homerism

Liverpool.

Delusion caused by collusion, them Heat winnin' and them Cavs losin', now those dumb idiots in cleveland Boozin' while them n*ggas in South Beach Cruisin'.

Decent college freshman Mass Debator's Avatar

Kyrie wishes he could have someone to lean on like Lamarcus.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii
    Delusion caused by collusion, them Heat winnin' and them Cavs losin', now those dumb idiots in cleveland Boozin' while them n*ggas in South Beach Cruisin'.

Quote Originally Posted by Budadiiii

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

It's funny how 20 games can transform opinions. Coming into this season, most people would have disregarded a comparison between Irving and Lillard... in Kyrie's favor. Now, because Lillard is surrounded by a legitimately contending supporting cast, he's clearly better than Kyrie. Give me a break.

I like Damian a lot, but he fits on that roster like a glove and he is playing alongside arguably the best PF in the league and they have shooters all over the roster.

Meanwhile, the Cavs are still the second youngest roster in the NBA and trying to adapt to a new coaching staff and system. Even being in a pretty massive shooting slump for most of the season so far, Kyrie is putting up 21 points per game on a better FG% than Lillard, along with the best assist/turnover ratio of his career.

Plus, he's a full two years younger than Lillard.

As for Waiters/Barnes... Anyone who thinks there is a wide gap between these guys -- on either side of the fence -- just doesn't know what they're talking about.

Waiters has been killing it since being moved to the 6th man and has a ridiculous amount of talent. Barnes had a great 10-game run in the playoffs last year, but he hasn't been able to replicate that so far this season.

I'd say they're about even at this stage of the regular season and you could make a valid argument for either guy, but Waiters has the higher ceiling. It really just depends what you're looking for in a player.
    Last edited by RedBlackAttack; 12-18-2013 at 06:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    It's funny how 20 games can transform opinions. Coming into this season, most people would have disregarded a comparison between Irving and Lillard... in Kyrie's favor. Now, because Lillard is surrounded by a legitimately contending supporting cast, he's clearly better than Kyrie. Give me a break.

I like Damian a lot, but he fits on that roster like a glove and he is playing alongside arguably the best PF in the league and they have shooters all over the roster.

Meanwhile, the Cavs are still the second youngest roster in the NBA and trying to adapt to a new coaching staff and system. Even being in a pretty massive shooting slump for most of the season so far, Kyrie is putting up 21 points per game on a better FG% than Lillard, along with a the best assist/turnover ratio of his career.

Plus, he's a full two years younger than Lillard.
    This x1000. The Lillard love/hype is getting out of hand. I'd take Kyrie 11 times out of 10 and never would be worse off for it.

Since when is lillard better?

unbreakable taking things out of context like usual.

1.) What I posted was weeks ago, Lillard is playing out of mind right now.

2.) Lillard and Irving are in two totally different situations. Irving is on the second youngest team in the NBA, fighting to make the playoffs with a new coach for those players and a brand new culture. While Portland is a complete team and a top 5 team this year and they are experienced with the same building culture and growth over the last 2-3 years.

3.) Lillard isn't even the best player on Blazers, Aldridge is. Irving is the best player on the Cavaliers and the offensive load falls on his shoulders.

Is Lillard playing better than Irving right now? Yes. He's also playing better than most NBA players the last 2-3 games, but let's not get knee jerk reactions. What Lillard is doing now at the end of games winning them for his team, Irving was doing last year, and his rookie year by himself on a shitty ass team.

The Paterfamilias RedBlackAttack's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    unbreakable taking things out of context like usual.

1.) What I posted was weeks ago, Lillard is playing out of mind right now.

2.) Lillard and Irving are in two totally different situations. Irving is on the second youngest team in the NBA, fighting to make the playoffs with a new coach for those players and a brand new culture. While Portland is a complete team and a top 5 team this year and they are experienced with the same building culture and growth over the last 2-3 years.

3.) Lillard isn't even the best player on Blazers, Aldridge is. Irving is the best player on the Cavaliers and the offensive load falls on his shoulders.

Is Lillard playing better than Irving right now? Yes. He's also playing better than most NBA players the last 2-3 games, but let's not get knee jerk reactions. What Lillard is doing now at the end of games winning them for his team, Irving was doing last year, and his rookie year by himself on a shitty ass team.
    And, despite playing "out of his mind," Lillard is still shooting under 40% from the field for the season.

Like I said... I like the guy a lot as a player and I love the way the Blazers' front office has put that team together, but people need to watch the amount of hype they're heaping on Damian.

The only thing people love more than hyping a player is tearing them down when they don't meet the ridiculous expectations that comes with the hype.

That's what has happened to Kyrie. He was probably talked about a little too much this past offseason for what he had accomplished in the NBA. But, now people are expecting a finished product at 21 and it seems like they're taking great joy in ripping him apart when he isn't perfect.

They'll do the same thing to Lillard given the chance.

Cavs fans blinded.
    Harrison Barnes is having a better season than Waiters.
    Better all round skills, better team mate, better defender.
    Better player.
    I'd take Barnes in a heart beat over Waiters if they called, and so would the Cavs.
    I'm willing to bet that majority of Cavs fans in this thread have not seen Barnes play more than once this season.

Quote Originally Posted by RedBlackAttack
    I'd say they're about even at this stage of the regular season and you could make a valid argument for either guy, but Waiters has the higher ceiling. It really just depends what you're looking for in a player.
    Could not disagree more.

Quote Originally Posted by G-train
    Cavs fans blinded.
    Harrison Barnes is having a better season than Waiters.
    Better all round skills, better team mate, better defender.
    Better player.
    I'd take Barnes in a heart beat over Waiters if they called, and so would the Cavs.
    I'm willing to bet that majority of Cavs fans in this thread have not seen Barnes play more than once this season.
    To each his own I guess. Besides 4% better on the FG% they're basically cancelling each other out on offensive production per 36 minutes of play. As far as being a defender I can't comment on that because it's all relative to me.

Banned

I really like Lillard alot, and hes beasting right now, but hes not better than Kyrie Irving, Lillard is in a much better situation.