Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Default Re: The Lakers should trade Kobe now

Quote Originally Posted by beermonsteroo
    Why not trading Kobe and targeting a top level free agent. Plus getting some decent players or draft picks for Kobe. In the long term this would make much more sense then keeping Kobe.
    How do you trade arguably the best player in the League right after he just won a campionship?

This is dumb as hell! Winning makes more sense than draft picks.

Oh yeah the Lakers should be thinking about rebuilding.

Come on dude. Stop, just stop.

Good college starter EricForman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by beermonsteroo
    The differnce is that Jordan was only signing one year contracts from 95-98. So there was no risk for the Bulls. The lakers are commited to pay Kobe like 120 Dollars for the next 6 seasons. That's a finacial risk, as well as it limits their chances to sign other top players. Kobe has a lot more minutes in his legs then Jordan had at age 31. Plus Jordan was an world wide icon which Kobe isn't.

In an imaginary world....Trading Kobe now, would probably get LA a TON of younger talent, and or high draft picks too, money, etc...They could fortify the hell out of their team realistically. To acquire Kobe, right now...you'd have to trade away your entire roster.

But in REALITY however, they just won a championship....Kobe is still ballin' and there is no way in HELL you could successfully do that to a LEGION of Los Angeles fans, without them burning down the staples center.

Decent playground baller Lyoto15's Avatar

This so called kobe bryant decline is way to overrated !
    His athletic ability is not what it used to be, but other than that I don't see this obvious decline.

He is still able to put up 30 ppg at an efficient rate.. I think you guys forgot the way he started this season.

Kobe is staying a laker for life, the lakers are NEVER trading him, even if it just out of respect for his laker career.

Still, OP made one single good point...Ive questioned Kobe's extra fat, super large contract this time around. Dude is going to be making HUGE money during years where his level of play is going to be severely deteriorated. He will NOT be the same player in 4 years.

Kobe averaged 28, 5 and 5 this year while being hurt basically all year. the fact people say he is declining basketball wise is a joke. I still expect him being able to put up 20, 5 and 5 even at age 36-37 yet st 31 he is suddenly not going to be still great for the next several years? laughable.

I dont know, I just think one has to question minutes played, and miliage in terms of players that came out of HS, rather than age.

Now, im not advocating that they "trade Kobe" because lets face it, that is just a silly idea....but I do see how people would be concerned with how his production along the next few years is going to pan out.

Decent playground baller Lyoto15's Avatar

There won't be nothing wrong with kobe's production.
    He is probably the hardest working player in the league, he will make sure he will be effective enough even in his final year of this current contract at the age of 35.

Kobe will be putting up around 20 points even at the age of 35, and as a respect to his long laker career I don't really think the organization will regret paying him 33 million for his final contract year.

You guys will be surprised at what this dedicated player will be able to do with his mileage..

Well, one thing is for certain, Kobe needs to take this summer off, and consider how he is going to treat his injuries, or consider various surgeries to repair himself.

At this point, LA/Kobe has gone to the playoffs multiple times in his career, plus he has played during the summer as well.

Dude's body is just full of nagging injuries at this point, and must be addressed. I'll be curious to see what he does this summer.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by EricForman
    Uh million of course :)
    Last edited by beermonsteroo; 06-26-2010 at 07:00 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    I dont know, I just think one has to question minutes played, and miliage in terms of players that came out of HS, rather than age.

Now, im not advocating that they "trade Kobe" because lets face it, that is just a silly idea....but I do see how people would be concerned with how his production along the next few years is going to pan out.
    I fail to see why, Kobe has shown NOTHING to suggest he will fall off anytime soon.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by oh the horror
    Still, OP made one single good point...Ive questioned Kobe's extra fat, super large contract this time around. Dude is going to be making HUGE money during years where his level of play is going to be severely deteriorated. He will NOT be the same player in 4 years.
    Exactly, that's my point!
    You have to act before your business is going down! That's what seperates the mediocere from the Top Level managers.
    If the Lakers would trade Kobe now there chances of being a title candidat the next 5-7 years would be excellent. Keeping Kobe they might have another chance nexts eason, but the long term future isn't looking bright.
    The Lakers should have given Kobe a three year contract at max.

Quote Originally Posted by plowking
    Wow.

I thought coming into the thread the OP's first post couldn't be matched in retardedness. But damn, ISH makes miracles happen.

Yet again... dumb as dog shit. You make baby jesus weep due to your stupidity.

Have you contributed anything to this forum?
    lol so mad, why aren't you on your other 200 accounts? Wanted to add to you 14000 post total haha biggest loser/retard on insidehoops.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Lyoto15
    There won't be nothing wrong with kobe's production.
    He is probably the hardest working player in the league, he will make sure he will be effective enough even in his final year of this current contract at the age of 35.

Kobe will be putting up around 20 points even at the age of 35, and as a respect to his long laker career I don't really think the organization will regret paying him 33 million for his final contract year.

You guys will be surprised at what this dedicated player will be able to do with his mileage..
    Paying 33 million for a 20ppg Kobe is a ver very very bad Deal!

Quote Originally Posted by BlueandGold
    lol so mad, why aren't you on your other 200 accounts? Wanted to add to you 14000 post total haha biggest loser/retard on insidehoops.
    I bet you've got more posts than I do with all your accounts put together.