Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Default Re: The Official "Discuss Jeremy Lin's Performance" Thread

Quote Originally Posted by shoops
    I think the 85% thing is a stupid answer too, but it was also a stupid question and shitty questions beget throwaway responses. Pretty sure people understood that Lin wasn't in serviceable playing condition so it's not really like the question shed any new light.

I haven't really seen much talk about rockets players here, and I think it is silly to put down other players if to put Lin in a better light, as each player is a mostly separate issue, but I haven't seen much of that personally.
    The question was "how are you feeling" because he was our starting pg ,we had a playoff series going with Miami, and our backups sucked donkey dick. How was it a stupid question? He also did not give a stupid answer. The spin later on is extremely stupid.

Note: I have never faulted him for not playing. I defended it. I still think it was ok. But later on when he said he wanted to play but Melo and the front office and everyone else said he shouldn't and he basically lost the argument is when i got annoyed. Basically he wants credit for offering to play even though he did not play. It's bullshit. Excuses. We all know why he didn't play, he was afraid he'd tear up his knee before he got his contract. Melo getting mentioned as a reason was bogus.

I rule the local playground

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    The question was "how are you feeling" because he was our starting pg ,we had a playoff series going with Miami, and our backups sucked donkey dick. How was it a stupid question? He also did not give a stupid answer. The spin later on is extremely stupid.

Note: I have never faulted him for not playing. I defended it. I still think it was ok. But later on when he said he wanted to play but Melo and the front office and everyone else said he shouldn't and he basically lost the argument is when i got annoyed. Basically he wants credit for offering to play even though he did not play. It's bullshit. Excuses. We all know why he didn't play, he was afraid he'd tear up his knee before he got his contract. Melo getting mentioned as a reason was bogus.
    I think the follow up question asking about what he meant by 85% was stupid, I mean, not the original "how's the injury."
    As for the wanting to play thing, I don't see that as him trying to take credit for that or trying to act like a hero, it's simply his response for what his feelings were at the time, different interpretations perhaps idk... but obviously taking action would've been unrealistic or foolhardy for health and for player value reasons.

I think the follow up question asking about what he meant by 85% was stupid, I mean, not the original "how's the injury."
    As for the wanting to play thing, I don't see that as him trying to take credit for that or trying to act like a hero, it's simply his response for what his feelings were at the time, different interpretations perhaps idk... but obviously taking action would've been unrealistic or foolhardy for health and for player value reasons.
    He didn't want to play because he wasn't going to risk his health. He should have said "i didn't think i could play". That everyone in the world was said to have told him not to and he wanted to was ridiculous. And note: It's been said by the Knicks beat reporters to be patently false when they asked people about it. Including Ian O Connor who wants Lin to father his children.

Not to say I told you so. But, I kinda did. Jeremy Lin is more a story of athletic culture than it is about a great basketball player. Again, ill repeat he is R#mon sessions.

Quote Originally Posted by niko
    He didn't want to play because he wasn't going to risk his health. He should have said "i didn't think i could play". That everyone in the world was said to have told him not to and he wanted to was ridiculous. And note: It's been said by the Knicks beat reporters to be patently false when they asked people about it. Including Ian O Connor who wants Lin to father his children.
    I guess I didn't read too much into that affair. Seemed a tad bit over dramatized for me, personally. There was probably a grain of truth but it read like a cheesy sports movie script lol. Oh well...

He's getting outplayed by Raymond Felton, which I didn't see happening. Knicks are looking smart. Houston, not so much. They probably should have kept Dragic.

That being said, I still think Lin will average around 14 and 7 this season when it's all said done.
    Last edited by Kujo; 11-20-2012 at 06:29 PM.

Not a fan of Lin at all. It will be interesting to see what marketing dollars he can still bring in with his shoddy play.

Lin vs Bulls ...

4 points, 2-8, 3 assists/5 turnovers in 24 minutes. Milwad was right. Lin's confidence is completely gone along with his game.

Quote Originally Posted by AngelEyes
    Not a fan of Lin at all. It will be interesting to see what marketing dollars he can still bring in with his shoddy play.
    Not much at all. Part of the reason he was signed was to bring in more fans, but that's failed miserably.

As Sun Yue and Yi Jianling proved, even Asians don't care about below average players.

I tried to warn people about all those false assumptions on signing Lin "for marketing reasons", which wouldn't mean anything if he wasn't performaing at Linsanity level.

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Lin vs Bulls ...

4 points, 2-8, 3 assists/5 turnovers in 24 minutes. Milwad was right. Lin's confidence is completely gone along with his game.
    Awful 2nd quarter from him, offensively and defensively. Nate was too quick for him, but Lin was also out of control on the offensive end there. I'm concerned about his shooting and confidence, but not really concerned about his turnovers, as a few of those were travels/stepping out of bounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    Not much at all. Part of the reason he was signed was to bring in more fans, but that's failed miserably.

As Sun Yue and Yi Jianling proved, even Asians don't care about below average players.

I tried to warn people about all those false assumptions on signing Lin "for marketing reasons", which wouldn't mean anything if he wasn't performaing at Linsanity level.
    I think you're underestimating it. He still has a ton of fans, and they have tv deals in asia airing rockets games. Dunno the exact numbers or anything though. He should still be able to retain his fans unless he sucks for the whole season.

I think you're underestimating it. He still has a ton of fans, and they have tv deals in asia airing rockets games. Dunno the exact numbers or anything though. He should still be able to retain his fans unless he sucks for the whole season.
    It all comes down to performance, and so far that's been lacking. Saying that he has "tons of fans" doesn't mean much unless it can be quantified.

Quote Originally Posted by Shepseskaf
    It all comes down to performance, and so far that's been lacking. Saying that he has "tons of fans" doesn't mean much unless it can be quantified.
    Though he's sucking it doesn't indicate anything about his fan following and appeal either.

Banned

He was flat atrocious!

Quote Originally Posted by tikay0
    He was flat atrocious!
    After the first quarter yeah...his confidence must be in the drain by now.

Lol Nate lifted you guys and also killed you guys.

Banned

After the first quarter yeah...his confidence must be in the drain by now.

Lol Nate lifted you guys and also killed you guys.
    Yeah. Nate's a hit or miss type player. He'll get you 8 straight points in 2 minutes, then cost you 3 TO's in the process. Oh well, he has more offensive than anyone on the team besides Rose. It's sad.......