Page 1 of 10 1234 ... LastLast

Default Amare Stoudemire is WAYYYYY overrated (thread from 2008)

This guy is a product of steve nash just like Q-Rich was, and as soon Richardson left Nash look where his career went, down the tube. Amare doesn't have a consistant jumpshot to speak of, Nash basically gives him layups and dunks on every play off the pick N roll and has proven he can't create his own shot for his life. He's a decent free-throw shooter and should be a better rebounder. Now i do agree he is one of the best finishers in the game but i hear people calling him a top 15 player and i think that's total bs. I don't know how one can argue he's even in the same league as Duncan, Yao, KG, & Dirk as a dominant big man in the league. At this point i'd rather have Duncan, KG, Yao, Al Jefferson, Josh Smith, Chris Bosh all over Amare. We'll see in a few years when Nash retires how good Amare is but if he doesn't step it up and work in his game a bit he will come back down to reality, the potential is there but i think people give him way to much credit.

In It to Win It

Default Re: Amare Stoudemire is WAYYYYY overrated.

Amare Stoudemire was rookie of the year, and averaging 20+ points per game before Nash was even there.

You're an idiot. Amare played well before Nash came to Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by Allstar24
    You're an idiot. Amare played well before Nash came to Phoenix.
    he played 55 games the year before nash came there, granted he average 20 a game but c'mon 55 games doesn't account for anything and he average 13the year before that and thats playing well??

13.5/9 as a rookie
    20/9 as a sophomore

No Nash

You're dead wrong. Amare has a nice midrange shot. If you bothered to watch him after his surgery, you would see that he made significant improvements there. According to 82games.com, he attempts a jumpshot 50% of the time and shoots it at 45% eFG. Last season, he attempted a jumpshot 45% of the time and shot at 44% eFG. For comparisons sake, those numbers are right there with KG, TD and may be even better.

In It to Win It

Quote Originally Posted by The GM
    he played 55 games the year before nash came there, granted he average 20 a game but c'mon 55 games doesn't account for anything and he average 13the year before that and thats playing well??
    55 games doesn't account for anything? It shows that he averaged 20+ points while being injured during the year! And he averaged 13 during his ROOKIE year. Generally, players don't play as well in their rookie year compared to their 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th years.

Titles are overrated Kblaze8855's Avatar

This guy is a product of steve nash just like Q-Rich was
    In 2004 when Amare averaged 24/9, 23/9, and 26/11 in the final 3 months with Nash in Dallas...was his spirit in phoenix feeding him in the post?

Is Nashs spirit availiable for the Bulls? How much PT would it expect?

Quote Originally Posted by InnateJ
    13.5/9 as a rookie
    20/9 as a sophomore

No Nash

You're dead wrong. Amare has a nice midrange shot. If you bothered to watch him after his surgery, you would see that he made significant improvements there. According to 82games.com, he attempts a jumpshot 50% of the time and shoots it at 45% eFG. Last season, he attempted a jumpshot 45% of the time and shot at 44% eFG. For comparisons sake, those numbers are right there with KG, TD and may be even better.
    actually i have bothered to watch him, his jimmy is okay nothing special and he doesn't have damn near the impact of TD or KG

Quote Originally Posted by The GM
    actually i have bothered to watch him, his jimmy is okay nothing special and he doesn't have damn near the impact of TD or KG
    No he doesnt have the impact of TD or KG but you criticized his jumpshot when in fact, among big men, its one of the better ones in the league.

Quote Originally Posted by InnateJ
    No he doesnt have the impact of TD or KG but you criticized his jumpshot when in fact, its one of the better ones in the league.
    There are alot of big men that have better jump shots then amare (sheed, kg, duncan, bosh, dirk, brand(when playing) just to name a few

Local High School Star e20dyl4n's Avatar

as much as i dislike the suns and amare. he is a BEAST

Mars Blackmon Lives!

Quote Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
    In 2004 when Amare averaged 24/9, 23/9, and 26/11 in the final 3 months with Nash in Dallas...was his spirit in phoenix feeding him in the post?

Is Nashs spirit availiable for the Bulls? How much PT would it expect?
    forget it. we don't have the karmic cap space to sign nash's spirit. we could defintely get luke ridnoir's spirit for a karmic bargain though. so that's something to consider.

here's a question: would ty thomas look like a potential all-star if he played with steve nash (or kidd)?

National High School Star allball's Avatar

dumb thread. not like all he does is catch alley oops. he can create his own shot.

Learning to shoot layups

I don't think it's so much specifically Nash, as just the way they play in PHX. They're like Golden State, all their offensive numbers (and do a degree rebounds) are inflated.

Amare's very good, but he is overrated. I can't call a player who plays defense the way he does a great player, basketball is a two way game.

I also think Amare's career will mirror that of Jermaine O'Neal and once his athleticism leaves him he'll be a huge contract that can't play anymore.

HeartHustleHope

Quote Originally Posted by ForceOfNature
    Amare Stoudemire was rookie of the year, and averaging 20+ points per game before Nash was even there.
    pwnage