Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Meet Spencer Dinwiddie, who considers himself a PG

The Pistons get a talented guard with size that is able to get to the rim, distribute and score

Good college starter

Default Re: Meet Spencer Dinwiddie, who considers himself a PG

From what I read about him, he's a very unselfish. Too unselfish at times but he can play.

Local High School Star Aussie Dunker's Avatar

He is the type of player I like... He reminds me a little of Vasquez with his size and passing skill / mentality. He also happens to be a very efficient scorer - all in all seems to be a very smart and savvy baller... If he can rehab well, he could be an absolute steal...

In points per possession, he finished first among draft level point guards at 1.17; he was second overall behind Doug McDermott at 1.18.

■ In pick-and-roll points per possession, he was first among point guards at 1.06.

■ In spot-up points per possession, he was first among point guards at 1.28.

■ In true shooting percentage (FG% adjusted for value of three-pointers made and free throws made) he was first among point guards at 68.2%.

Did not know about him before the draft. Watched his draft express video, then some highlights. Read a couple of interviews he had. I am impressed. Looks like he could be a corner stone for the passions with Drummond

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Did not know about him before the draft. Watched his draft express video, then some highlights. Read a couple of interviews he had. I am impressed. Looks like he could be a corner stone for the passions with Drummond
    The Detroit Passions - I like it

But seriously I'm with you... I have always favored pass first mentality point guards over scoring point guards...

Judging from what I have seen so far, If we kept #8 this year I would have been extremely stoked if we got McDermott... He is flat out money every time he shoots the ball. He looks like a more rounded / hustling / bigger version of Korver.

Decent college freshman

I agree Aussie. I was a big Mcdermott fan, especially for the Pistons.

He is super offensively aware, and above all else appears like he could truly be an elite shooter in the league from both mid and deep..

He is also slightly more athletic and active than I thought he was - shifts his ceiling up in my eyes as I think he can play the traditional SF position instead of being a tweener..

Quote Originally Posted by Aussie Dunker
    The Detroit Passions - I like it

But seriously I'm with you... I have always favored pass first mentality point guards over scoring point guards...
    Lol. That autocorrect #doe.

Yeah and he looks great on pick and roll passing. If he can have chemistry with drummond way bynum did, those pick and rolls are going to be works of art with his size and vision. I hope we get to see him play a little this year. I've heard rumors they might hold him out until next year.

With Jennings and Augustin, and perhaps Bynum - would be hard to see him getting minutes as it stands...

Rehab that knee 110% and be ready to kill it next year with a full pre-season / summer league / training camp...

His pick and rolls, at 6'6, should be nearly unstopable as he can see / pass over the defenses...

Let's just hope he is as good, or even better, than what we all think...

With Jennings and Augustin, and perhaps Bynum - would be hard to see him getting minutes as it stands...

Rehab that knee 110% and be ready to kill it next year with a full pre-season / summer league / training camp...

His pick and rolls, at 6'6, should be nearly unstopable as he can see / pass over the defenses...

Let's just hope he is as good, or even better, than what we all think...
    Yea, unfortunately in my mind, I got the Pistons letting Bynum go. Maybe if Bledsoe jets from Phoenix, we can sling Jennings over to them. I wouldn't mind Augustin starting for us and having Bynum come off the bench. I don't see us making huge strides this coming year, so let's clean house!

Decent college freshman

I'd deal Jennings if we could, but its probably unlikely. I think they may dump Bynum by the start of the season. Not sure to who though.

Quote Originally Posted by ZMonkey11
    Yea, unfortunately in my mind, I got the Pistons letting Bynum go. Maybe if Bledsoe jets from Phoenix, we can sling Jennings over to them. I wouldn't mind Augustin starting for us and having Bynum come off the bench. I don't see us making huge strides this coming year, so let's clean house!
    I'd look to sign Bledsoe!! Sling Jennings over / anywhere...

Not sure we have the money, may a sign and trade with Smith AND Jennings haha...

Bled and Dre - that just sounds fun...

I'd look to sign Bledsoe!! Sling Jennings over / anywhere...

Not sure we have the money, may a sign and trade with Smith AND Jennings haha...

Bled and Dre - that just sounds fun...
    That would be a pretty sick pairing. But Bledsoe is wanting max or near max money. Takes us right out of that.

Monroe for Bledsoe, sign and trades...

p.s he is not a max player, I would have thought something similar to Lowry's contract (12 mill per) would be appropriate - as he is still not even the best 'PG' on the suns roster (Dragic)...

OR - they can sign bledsoe I would be happy to trade one of Smith / Moose for Dragic ;)