Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910

Default Re: NBA 2k15: MyCareer Thread

Apparently after year two it's possible to build a ridiculously stacked lineup. I played year one with the Bucks then went to the Pacers for the 2015-2016 season. We beat the Thunder in the Finals in 7 games, then came the part where they asked me who I wanted them to target in trades in the off-season. I play for the Pacers so I'm pretty happy with Paul George and Roy Hibbert. I'd've picked West over Hibbert but at this point West is like 36 years old; and since I play PG I didn't want them targeting any PGs. So, my two preferred targets were Anthony Davis and Bradley Beal...we got both of them. This is our starting lineup:

PG | Me | 21 years old | 89 OVR
    SG | Bradley Beal | 23 years old | 85 OVR
    SF | Paul George | 26 years old | 90 OVR
    PF | Anthony Davis | 23 years old | 94 OVR
    C | Roy Hibbert | 29 years old | 81 OVR

Dunking on everybody in the park The Iron Sheik's Avatar

they didn't come to me after season 2 and ask who i wanted. maybe i wasn't good enough

besides, i don't want to form a superteam. it's me and derrick rose's knees against the world!!

With my center in the second season, dominating competition putting up 35/30/7 and 3 blocks, and on a 35 - 0 start in the season on the warriors. Out of nowhere curry drops to a torn MCL and is out for 2 - 4 months and they proceed to replace him with Livingston and play him 35 minutes every game There's so many better players on the bench even though they are out of position and every time i get doubled teamed i can't kick it out to him coz he can't shoot to save his life...

Banned

I got back in to this this week. Started up a power forward. Nearing the end of my rookie season playing for the raptors, just got the start averaging 22ppg 7rbg 1bpg 1apg. I had some VC saved up when I started this guy and I've been putting all my points in to shooting to try and make a stretch four, it sucks you can't start out in a certain role now because getting a big mans shooting up took awhile. Not sure if I'll stay after my rookie season, for a side that is decent in real life they lose every game I sim and give up big leads every time I'm on the bench. We have the 6th seed now but should be higher if they didn't blow those games.

Posting up against smaller players/guards as a center in this game is useless. Any moves that causes you to be driving against the smaller player = stripped. Every. Single. Time. Even against some centers that have like a 60 defense you'll still get stripped occasionally. The only moves that works is doing a hook the opposite way or post fadeaway... But when I do it = foul.

Quote Originally Posted by eriX
    Posting up against smaller players/guards as a center in this game is useless. Any moves that causes you to be driving against the smaller player = stripped. Every. Single. Time. Even against some centers that have like a 60 defense you'll still get stripped occasionally. The only moves that works is doing a hook the opposite way or post fadeaway... But when I do it = foul.
    Having a height advantage is useless when it comes to scoring. My guy is 7' and regularly gets mismatches because I run the floor. I still have to do fakes on short guys like Ty Lawson to score a hook shot from a foot away, and thats with maxed out inside scorer. I feel as though the game wants everyone to be a PG
    Last edited by KobesFinger; 04-22-2015 at 06:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by KobesFinger
    Having a height advantage is useless when it comes to scoring. My guy is 7' and regularly gets mismatches because I run the floor. I still have to do fakes on short guys like Ty Lawson to score a hook shot from a foot away, and thats with maxed out inside scorer. I feel as though the game wants everyone to be a PG
    actually you're more likely to score with a post fadeaway than to use hooks or other post moves. Post fadeaway is OP, not to mention when youre in post up mode you can't get double teamed.

Btw is anyone having this injury issue where your mycareer teammates gets injured and they never recover... this is a game breaker and I'm starting to have it enough with 2k and their bullshit...

Btw is anyone having this injury issue where your mycareer teammates gets injured and they never recover... this is a game breaker and I'm starting to have it enough with 2k and their bullshit...
    i'll have to see. so far, my teammates have come back. doug mcdermott tore his mcl (after taking a wide open jumper) and he's still out 6-8 weeks now. we'll see if he comes back or not.

oh, and have you guys noticed that created big men seem to all try to dribble the ball like guards? i'm in my 4th season so there are lots of created big men, but i have like 3-4 of them on my team and they all bring the ball up the court and initiate plays like a guard. it's really annoying and unrealistic. it happens on other teams too i've noticed.

Chuck Hayes Stan Timmy D for MVP's Avatar

The story for this is ridiculous. I'd rather have no story at all. Why does your guy auto default to an annoying as nigga?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy D for MVP
    The story for this is ridiculous. I'd rather have no story at all. Why does your guy auto default to an annoying as nigga?
    seriously it's so corny. they need to drop this bootleg rpg shit and just focus on making better gameplay and presentation. i hate the dialogue choices. the choices should just be labeled "asshole" or "bitch n!gga" because those are the two types of answers you give. the reporters are so reckless too. reporters ask dumb questions in real life, but they are never as outright disrespectful in real life like they are in games.

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by The Iron Sheik
    seriously it's so corny. they need to drop this bootleg rpg shit and just focus on making better gameplay and presentation. i hate the dialogue choices. the choices should just be labeled "asshole" or "bitch n!gga" because those are the two types of answers you give. the reporters are so reckless too. reporters ask dumb questions in real life, but they are never as outright disrespectful in real life like they are in games.

I wish they would focus on gameplay more. They need to scrap the rpg thing and go back to having all attributes unlocked and be able to pick which badges you want.

The career is too boring and time consuming to force people to sit through it.

I don't care if people pay for there character. Hell I got a job, a kid, and a bunch of other stuff going on so I don't have time to play 4 boring seasons to make my guy decent enough to play online with him.

2k need to scrap the park mode cause all it is NBA Jam

Edit: Freaking SFs are OP in this game. They need to nerf them.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall

I wish they would focus on gameplay more. They need to scrap the rpg thing and go back to having all attributes unlocked and be able to pick which badges you want.

The career is too boring and time consuming to force people to sit through it.

I don't care if people pay for there character. Hell I got a job, a kid, and a bunch of other stuff going on so I don't have time to play 4 boring seasons to make my guy decent enough to play online with him.

2k need to scrap the park mode cause all it is NBA Jam

Edit: Freaking SFs are OP in this game. They need to nerf them.
    I agree with having all the attributes being unlocked, ever since whichever 2k where they capped player attributes you cant make your player into whatever you want. But the badges thing is good, centers shouldn't really be able to unlock things like crossover badges, earning it to wear it is pretty good tbh, adds this achievement to the game. Maybe let the players pick a few to be for free in the beginning?

Love Live Life

I agree with having all the attributes being unlocked, ever since whichever 2k where they capped player attributes you cant make your player into whatever you want. But the badges thing is good, centers shouldn't really be able to unlock things like crossover badges, earning it to wear it is pretty good tbh, adds this achievement to the game. Maybe let the players pick a few to be for free in the beginning?
    I've been thinking and do we really need badges?

To me badges are like perks/boosts. Let it just be all about your skill and smart bball.

Like I when people have the deadeye badge it pretty much cancels out good defense. Same with the posterizer badge and all the others.

They should do away with skill badges tbh.

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    I've been thinking and do we really need badges?

To me badges are like perks/boosts. Let it just be all about your skill and smart bball.

Like I when people have the deadeye badge it pretty much cancels out good defense. Same with the posterizer badge and all the others.

They should do away with skill badges tbh.
    if they get rid of the fancy stuff and only have the core gameplay, everyone will get bored of the game within a few hundred hours of play, max. I get where you're coming from but the badges aren't that bad. For deadeye and stuff like that, the perimeter lockdown defender badge can neutralize it, the badges just gives players the character they need to stand out.