Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    College superstar brooks_thompson's Avatar

Default Re: Yesterday showed why Kevin Love is a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by mr.big35
    season is done for the wolves and you wanted him to try harder for no reason. no point of playing hard.
    That attitude is piss-poor and unprofessional. Find something to play for. If not personal pride, then get your coach a win in his last game before retirement, or, you know, feed off the criticism and try to start leading by example. No game is worthless to a professional.

but his stats though, on ish, stats and efficiency is all that matters

I've watched all 82 Wolves games this season, so I feel qualified to comment on this...

I was very disappointed with Kevin Love last night. He has been phenomenal at times this season, so we shouldn't be too harsh on him - he puts his body on the line and has taken a battering throughout the season. However, last night, in perhaps Rick Adelman's last game in charge of an NBA team, Love played with very little passion.

When he turns over the ball (as he did a couple of times last night, despite limited pressure on him from the Jazz), instead of chasing back, he just argues with the referees and behaves like a petulant child.

He definitely needs a shot-blocking big man next to him to cover up his defensive weaknesses. The irony is that Love isn't a bad post-up defender (he uses his wide body and strength well), but he just doesn't even bother trying to block shots - almost like he's afraid of fouling out of games.

If the Wolves lose/trade Kevin Love this off-season, then I don't feel like they'd massively miss him. Nicola Pekovic can replace his scoring, and Dante Cunningham and Dieng offer length, athleticism and shot-blocking.

Kevin Love is a great player - but he needs the right teammates to mask his deficiencies. He hasn't really got that in Minnesota, and he doesn't seem to care too much.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Jasper's Avatar

rip IS CORRECT IN THE FACT THAT IF A TEAM FINISHS A SEASON-
    playing 500 ball or better they can look to the future.

QUITE FRANKLY - THE BOTTOM LINE IS love will be playing in LA.

Damn, why the hate for Love?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    I've watched all 82 Wolves games this season, so I feel qualified to comment on this...

I was very disappointed with Kevin Love last night. He has been phenomenal at times this season, so we shouldn't be too harsh on him - he puts his body on the line and has taken a battering throughout the season. However, last night, in perhaps Rick Adelman's last game in charge of an NBA team, Love played with very little passion.

When he turns over the ball (as he did a couple of times last night, despite limited pressure on him from the Jazz), instead of chasing back, he just argues with the referees and behaves like a petulant child.

He definitely needs a shot-blocking big man next to him to cover up his defensive weaknesses. The irony is that Love isn't a bad post-up defender (he uses his wide body and strength well), but he just doesn't even bother trying to block shots - almost like he's afraid of fouling out of games.

If the Wolves lose/trade Kevin Love this off-season, then I don't feel like they'd massively miss him. Nicola Pekovic can replace his scoring, and Dante Cunningham and Dieng offer length, athleticism and shot-blocking.

Kevin Love is a great player - but he needs the right teammates to mask his deficiencies. He hasn't really got that in Minnesota, and he doesn't seem to care too much.
    Well said...I think they should trade him.

I proposed a Love for Lee/Barnes/Draymond Green trade at the beginning of this year and thought both teams should have jumped on it. Still feel that way to an extent.

I think it makes both teams way better personally...now it doesn't make as much sense with lee's even more injury problems and the decline of Barnes to an extent.

So that deal doesn't work now, but unless the Wolves has a magic trick to play...I don't see how Love stays. They should move him now and get back as much as possible. You need players that want to be there...and it seems like Love does not want to be in Minny...

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    Well said...I think they should trade him.

I proposed a Love for Lee/Barnes/Draymond Green trade at the beginning of this year and thought both teams should have jumped on it. Still feel that way to an extent.

I think it makes both teams way better personally...now it doesn't make as much sense with lee's even more injury problems and the decline of Barnes to an extent.

So that deal doesn't work now, but unless the Wolves has a magic trick to play...I don't see how Love stays. They should move him now and get back as much as possible. You need players that want to be there...and it seems like Love does not want to be in Minny...
    Your proposed trade does work for both teams, in my opinion.

Watching the Wolves vs Warriors a couple of nights ago, it struck me that David Lee offers much of the same things that Kevin Love does, i.e. scoring and rebounding. So from the Wolves' point of view I like the trade, since they'd also be getting a couple of talented young prospects as well.

For the Warriors, it's perhaps less appealing - I doubt they're keen to lose Harrison Barnes. However, an outside shooting trio of Curry, Thompson and Love is off-the-charts. Iguodala offers great perimeter defense, and Bogut would be an interesting front court partner for Love.

I like the trade for both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by sportjames23
    Damn, why the hate for Love?
    Fine talent, but a bad professional and makes excuses when his team loses a game.

College superstar

Watching the Wolves vs Warriors a couple of nights ago, it struck me that David Lee offers much of the same things that Kevin Love does, i.e. scoring and rebounding. So from the Wolves' point of view I like the trade, since they'd also be getting a couple of talented young prospects as well.

For the Warriors, it's perhaps less appealing - I doubt they're keen to lose Harrison Barnes. However, an outside shooting trio of Curry, Thompson and Love is off-the-charts. Iguodala offers great perimeter defense, and Bogut would be an interesting front court partner for Love.

David Lee and Kevin Love are very different in the way they approach the game offensively. Lee is a much better pick and roll player and a much better cutter. He doesn't chuck up very many bad shots like Love does.

Love is the more talented overall player and the threat of his 3 point shot along with Curry and Klay's would be insane when paired with Bogut's post up abilities.

The Warriors just might be the best (or at least most explosive) offensive team in the NBA with the addition of Love considering Barnes is pretty overrated.

The perfect team to cancel out Love's deficiencies would be on the Clippers in place of Blake Griffin.

Deandre Jordan provides the rim defense he needs.

Chris Paul creates easy opportunities and provides the leadership he lacks.

Doc Rivers could get it through his head that he needs to stop stat chasing (turning to grab the rebound rather than play defense... smh) and start doing what it takes to win.

Well, our defense wouldn't get any worse. It would be a nice lineup and getting Splash Bros #3 would be pretty cool.

That being said, we have just barely enough of an inside presence as it is, and D Lee is a better paint player than K Love. Although, if Curry and Klay are hot it doesn't matter who's playing in the paint.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Well, our defense wouldn't get any worse. It would be a nice lineup and getting Splash Bros #3 would be pretty cool.

That being said, we have just barely enough of an inside presence as it is, and D Lee is a better paint player than K Love. Although, if Curry and Klay are hot it doesn't matter who's playing in the paint.
    Love is good in the paint too - he just shoots so many threes that people forget how effective he is inside. He gets to the line extremely well.

Great college starter

watch lebron haters all of sudden consider kevin Love some MVP caliber player