Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    High School Starter

Default Re: Team USA may not even win Team Europe. Much less Team World (w/o US).

Quote Originally Posted by Jon_Koncak
    Lol,have you watched Durant absolutely murder international competition in 2010 and 2012 playing as pf.And Europe has the slight advantage?Who's gonna stop him,Erazem Lorbek?

Also ridiculous claiming that team Europe would be a better shooting team when Usa could potentially feature Durant and Curry.
    Don't forget bosh...he is a midrange beast now.

I rule the local playground

Default Re: Team USA may not even win Team Europe. Much less Team World (w/o US).

true forgot Bosh

my 12 would be

Paul/Westbrook
    Wade/Curry/Harden
    Lebron/Melo
    Durant/Bosh/Love
    Duncan/Hibbert

NBA sixth man of the year

I'm aware they have dual citizenship, but Bo McCalebb and Joakim Noah are Americans.

And that team still wouldn't beat America's best.

Lol,have you watched Durant absolutely murder international competition in 2010 and 2012 playing as pf.And Europe has the slight advantage?Who's gonna stop him,Erazem Lorbek?

Also ridiculous claiming that team Europe would be a better shooting team when Usa could potentially feature Durant and Curry.
    Team Europe would beat Team USA EASILY. Stop trolling my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by fatboy11
    I'm aware they have dual citizenship, but Bo McCalebb and Joakim Noah are Americans.

And that team still wouldn't beat America's best.
    Neither Noah nor McCalebb should even be on Team Europe's best 12 anyway.

Guys like Bourousis, Tomic, Teodosic, etc. are better than they are and not even being listed here.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Nero Tulip
    Europe would win a 7 game series, but it wouldn't be a sweep. But ultimately they would be too dominant inside, and have much better shooting.

But that's pretty normal IMO. Basketball is relatively popular in Europe, and if you add every country in the continent you're starting to get a pool of players that is close to America. And Americans start with a disadvantage because everyone knows they are fat and stupid.
    Americans are so fat and stupid that we invented the airplane and modern computers and innumerable technological and medical advancements the world uses presently, we have the largest economy in the world, we just departed what people the world around describe as the American Century, we created the closest thing approximating world government in existence, we helped create the IMF, the World Bank and innumerable other institutions that serve as civilizational pillars for modern society the world over, we also have the largest number of prestigious universities located in one country including some of the leading research institutions in the world, we are home to the most famous technological sector/region in the world, we are the world leader in social innovation including helping create the modern Internet, virtually every social network that you use today (twitter, Facebook, Instagram, tumblr, search engines etc.), and I could go on and on. Pretty decent list of accomplishments from a nation of stupid people.

In terms of athletic achievement, we dominate the Olympics every four years (most gold medals and most overall medals in London last year), we have produced the vast majority of the world's modern iconic sports figures from Ali to Jordan to Tiger Woods etc. The world's second most popular sport was created here (albeit by a Canadian national, although it should be noted that he was commissioned to create the game by an American and all of the major advancements to the sport were made by Americans from the shot clock to the three point line etc.), we have the greatest collection of major sports leagues of any country in the world, etc. And oh yeah, an American (Jesse Owens) shit on muthafreakin Hitler IN GERMANY in his country's Olympics. Pretty decent list of accomplishments from a nation of fat people.

Quote Originally Posted by alexthegr8
    Americans are so fat and stupid that we invented the airplane and modern computers and innumerable technological and medical advancements the world uses presently, we have the largest economy in the world, we just departed what people the world around describe as the American Century, we created the closest thing approximating world government in existence, we helped create the IMF, the World Bank and innumerable other institutions that serve as civilizational pillars for modern society the world over, we also have the largest number of prestigious universities located in one country including some of the leading research institutions in the world, we are home to the most famous technological sector/region in the world, we are the world leader in social innovation including helping create the modern Internet, virtually every social network that you use today (twitter, Facebook, Instagram, tumblr, search engines etc.), and I could go on and on. Pretty decent list of accomplishments from a nation of stupid people.

In terms of athletic achievement, we dominate the Olympics every four years (most gold medals and most overall medals in London last year), we have produced the vast majority of the world's modern iconic sports figures from Ali to Jordan to Tiger Woods etc. The world's second most popular sport was created here (albeit by a Canadian national, although it should be noted that he was commissioned to create the game by an American and all of the major advancements to the sport were made by Americans from the shot clock to the three point line etc.), we have the greatest collection of major sports leagues of any country in the world, etc. And oh yeah, an American (Jesse Owens) shit on muthafreakin Hitler IN GERMANY in his country's Olympics. Pretty decent list of accomplishments from a nation of fat people.
    Keep the propagandist fascist nationalistic zealotry to yourself a-hole.

I wanna see him defend Dirk or Pau. Best european teams usually has better shooting when they meet usa so that's hardly an argument.

High School Starter

true forgot Bosh

my 12 would be

Paul/Westbrook
    Wade/Curry/Harden
    Lebron/Melo
    Durant/Bosh/Love
    Duncan/Hibbert
    I wouldn't take harden or melo...not good enough defensively and not particularly efficient on the offensive end. I'd probably take paul george over melo, and possibly a defensive guard like tony allen or avery Bradley (or play George at SG and take iguodala)
    Last edited by Unbiased_one; 05-23-2013 at 11:29 AM.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Neither Noah nor McCalebb should even be on Team Europe's best 12 anyway.

Guys like Bourousis, Tomic, Teodosic, etc. are better than they are and not even being listed here.
    Who would you pick for the Europe team that supposedly would beat the following US squad:

PG: Paul/Westbrook
    SG: Wade/Curry/George
    SF: Lebron/Durant/Iguodala
    PF: Bosh/Love
    C: Howard/Duncan

Quote Originally Posted by Sakkreth
    I wanna see him defend Dirk or Pau. Best european teams usually has better shooting when they meet usa so that's hardly an argument.
    And i wanna see Dirk and Pau defend Durant..Tell me which european players right now are better shooters than Durant and Curry.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore

Quote Originally Posted by Euroleague
    Keep the propagandist fascist nationalistic zealotry to yourself a-hole.
    First go eat a dick. When you finish come back here, discern the context of my post and apologize.

I'm not nationalistic, jingoistic etc. I love the various societies of the world, I travel quite often for work and pleasure and I respect the contributions from every society worldwide, but if you try to shit on my country unfairly with stereotypes and platitudes, there will be a response forthcoming from me. Notice that I didn't shit on the guy whose post I quoted country or anything like that, I just defended my own.

In 2012 Olympics USA shot 44% from the 3point line while making 16 threes per game.they were the best shooting team by far.For comparison Lithuania shot 36% but making olny 6.3 threes per game.Spain shot 33%.And all this without Stephen Curry.But go ahead and tell us how team europe would shoot better.

That's some idiotic logic.

- Europe was no where near at good at basketball back in the early 90's. The Dream Team had no competition.

- Even so, you're telling me if all 200+ other countries put their best players together they might be able to compete with the US? What's the big deal?

In 2012 Olympics USA shot 44% from the 3point line while making 16 threes per game.they were the best shooting team by far.For comparison Lithuania shot 36% but making olny 6.3 threes per game.Spain shot 33%.And all this without Stephen Curry.But go ahead and tell us how team europe would shoot better.
    / thread. Add Curry and that percentage goes even higher.