Default Kevin Love empty stats?

how about Kobe during the post Shaq but pre-Gasol years?

unless we have double standards?

Great college starter

Default Re: Kevin Love empty stats?

to me, empty stats are when you put up big numbers but still can't lead an atleast .500 team....Kevin Love fits that definition Similar types

David Lee

Rudy Gay

Demarcus Cousins

I think people need to start talking more about Pekovic. Guy is a beast down low.

how is it empty stats when the reason the Wolves were in challenge to win this game was because of K Love...kind of a double standard, no?

if he's putting up numbers and they are losing by double digits majority of the time, then I guess you can say empty...but not this game, and many others for K Love, IMO.

A Humble Lebron Fan Dragic4Life's Avatar

bump for Lebron's new teammate.

empty stats huh...

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

I have no idea what a win share is but he was third in the league in win shares. KD was first and Lebron was second.

Quote Originally Posted by Qwyjibo
    There is no such thing as "empty stats" when it comes to starting players. It's a stupid term used to blame the better players on the team instead of looking at the acutal problems. It was stupid when KG was putting up "empty stats" on bad Minnesota teams, it was stupid when Kobe was putting up "empty stats" on awful LA teams (post-Shaq, pre-Gasol) and it's stupid now in regards to Kevin Love or any other good player.

Some sports fans (the stupid ones) like to blame the team's best players for a team's failure rather than looking at the actual problems of the team. This happened when Dirk wasn't getting Dallas anywhere in the playoffs for those few years as well.

So yea, you're right. Some fans are simply not smart enough to recognize the actual problem (the players around them) and use this brainless "empty stats" argument. It's strange how suddenly KG's, Kobe's, Dirk's, Bosh's and whoever else's "empty stats" became worthwhile the moment they got better players around them.

The only way this may apply is for inefficient volume scorers who have the green light to chuck because of the lack of talent around them. Guys like Glen Davis or Andrea Bargnani. But the stats aren't "empty". They are simply inefficient in terms of the high usage they get.
    OP was a member of B2K. Marques Houston is waiting for your ass.