Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    NBA sixth man of the year

Default Re: Jerry West or Dwayne Wade?

People think Wade is better than Jerry West?

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Given how little he's played the past several season, lack of added dimension to his game to account for age. Laziness. Underwhelming playoffs in 2013. I think West is the 3rd best SG ever. Wade is firmly in 4th or 5th. He's dropping.
    Uh...having Wade 4th is okay but 5th is just retarded. MJ, Kobe, West, who the **** else is possibly better than Wade?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNaturalWR
    Uh...having Wade 4th is okay but 5th is just retarded. MJ, Kobe, West, who the **** else is possibly better than Wade?
    What is so retarded about the difference between 4th or 5th? The only one you could possibly make a case for being better than Wade would be Drexler. But I'd agree, that's a stretch.

I'm admittedly just very soured by Wade's 2013 playoffs, and the fact he was allowed to "rest" 30 games this season, and never adjusting for father time with new skills.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    What is so retarded about the difference between 4th or 5th? The only one you could possibly make a case for being better than Wade would be Drexler. But I'd agree, that's a stretch.

I'm admittedly just very soured by Wade's 2013 playoffs, and the fact he was allowed to "rest" 30 games this season, and never adjusting for father time with new skills.
    Trust me, Wade was and still is my favorite player even though I hate the player he has become. His downfall after possibly being the best player in 2011 is ****ing pathetic. But he's cemented in the top 4. No one else besides West, MJ, and Kobe have an argument over him. However, he has added skills as he's aged, his post game is one of the best in the league and his mid range game is definitely respectable.

The whole Wade stepping back so LeBron could "take over the reigns" pisses me off too. He straight up regressed. It was HIS team in 2011, I don't care what anyone says. He was the ALPHA in the Finals, why the hell would you "step back".

Trust me, Wade was and still is my favorite player even though I hate the player he has become. His downfall after possibly being the best player in 2011 is ****ing pathetic. But he's cemented in the top 4. No one else besides West, MJ, and Kobe have an argument over him. However, he has added skills as he's aged, his post game is one of the best in the league and his mid range game is definitely respectable.

The whole Wade stepping back so LeBron could "take over the reigns" pisses me off too. He straight up regressed. It was HIS team in 2011, I don't care what anyone says. He was the ALPHA in the Finals, why the hell would you "step back".
    Definitely not, I can think of at least 20 names that come to mind, and at least 10 non-bigs.

High School Starter

Quote Originally Posted by SexSymbol
    Definitely not, I can think of at least 20 names that come to mind, and at least 10 non-bigs.
    Name them.

Name them.
    Kobe LeBron Durant Iguodala Klay Dirk Diaw George Melo
    Wesley matthews and VC are great at it too.
    Not naming a bazillion of big dudes because it wouldn't be fair, the likes of Duncan, Boozer, Jefferson, Gasol, another Gasol, etc.

NBA rookie of the year

SexSymbol, please shut up. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Dwyane Wade is one of the most polished post up guards in the league. That is an undeniable FACT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLDkLJKauDU
    Last edited by PJR; 04-19-2014 at 05:02 PM.

Banned

Not naming a bazillion of big dudes because it wouldn't be fair, the likes of Duncan, Boozer, Jefferson, Gasol, another Gasol, etc.
    stfu

D-Wade. West played in a weak era. Lost 8/9 finals.

Quote Originally Posted by WillC
    Jerry West had the better career and was, compared to his contemporaries, a better player than Wade was compared to his.

However, as is the case in nearly all of these "old" vs "new" arguments, Wade is probably the better player.

In terms of the GOAT list, West easily beats Wade.
    Who's in your top 15 for greatest of all time? Disregarding accolades or the criteria you use for a "goat list".

Quote Originally Posted by PJR
    SexSymbol, please shut up. You have no clue what you're talking about.

Dwyane Wade is one of the most polished post up guards in the league. That is an undeniable FACT.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PLDkLJKauDU
    Who of my listed players is better at post ups? Klay is the only debatable

High School Starter

You're ****ing retarded.

Local High School Star

hahahaha

I brick nerf balls La Frescobaldi's Avatar

West is the starter on my all-time team.

Kobe & Oscar are coming off the bench a long time before Wade. Oscar Robertson saw opportunities on the court that Dwyane Wade never dreamed of. Walt Frazier too. And not taking away from Wade who can get right in the paint and deny guys, but Oscar was a rebounding monster.
    Those guys didn't have the natural athletic gifts that Wade had (well, Bryant did) but they were all better basketball players, and better guards.

Lotta guys have had a quicker first step but West was faster from the corner to the basket than anyone I've seen. Those stupid slow motion films the NBA used trying to emulate the NFL are a disgrace. Dude was a purple & golden blur I kid you not