Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Barkley: Kawhi Leonard is a Top 10-15 Player

Quote Originally Posted by kells333
    Leading a team to the playoffs is impressive no matter what conference. And once again he is playing out of position which is why his stats are down. If pop decided to start kawhi at point guard over parker then his stats would fall also.
    Kawhi is better at Josh Smith at almost everything except being overrated and taking bad jumpshots... Smoove is better around the rim but he rarely plays down there so w/e

Saw a basketball once

If you put Kawhi on another team he could easily average 18 points with 7 boards and a handful of assists and he, as we all know, is a fantastic player on defense. Would be a quality addition on any team, could imagine him on the Trail blazers.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus
    Kawhi is better at Josh Smith at almost everything except being overrated and taking bad jumpshots... Smoove is better around the rim but he rarely plays down there so w/e
    This ngga recently averaged 19/10/4/1.5/2, Were having and argument about him being in the top 25 and you think hes OVERRRATED? Hell naw

Quote Originally Posted by kells333
    This ngga recently averaged 19/10/4/1.5/2, Were having and argument about him being in the top 25 and you think hes OVERRRATED? Hell naw
    That was 2 seasons ago. Josh Smith sucks now. Nothing but a low IQ shot chucker. Ask Pistons fans what they think of him... They all agree with me

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    That was 2 seasons ago. Josh Smith sucks now. Nothing but a low IQ shot chucker. Ask Pistons fans what they think of him... They all agree with me
    Once again. He is playing out of position. He doesnt suck. He doesnt take enough shots to qualify as a chucker. He was a career 46% shooter before struggling this year out of position.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

He must be back on the fast food stuffing his face with big macs, whoopers and all that MSG shit to say something so stupid.

Leonard is a top 10 SF in the L right now. And has a lot of upside. But other than that, NO WAY is he close to a top 10-15 player in the L. But if u are top 10 at your position, that's a great start for a young guy like Leonard. U got Bron, Durant, Melo, and George are gonna be the top 4 SF's for a while. The guys like Leonard, Parsons, Iggy, Deng, Gay, etc. are clearly aren't on the level of the top four, so NO WAY is Leonard a top 15 player. Depth wise, this SF crop isn't like the 80's crop, so how could Barkley EVEN begin to make such a claim. I think at best he's more top 25-30 range, hell maybe even lower than that.

The Brooklyn Brawler. BrooklynZoo's Avatar

I don't watch him much but you people who actually believe this realize that a top 15 player means that more than half of the teams in the NBA don't have a player better than him?

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I'm trying to think where I would put him...I honestly don't know.

I know he's not top 15, but he's about as valuable as you can get for this Spurs team...he is literally the perfect player for what they need.

I doubt he's a top 25 player, but I'd have to think about it.
    I think you could put him on many teams and he would be "the perfect player for what they need."

The reason he's not top 25 is because it's questionable whether he could lead a team like that. But in terms of a player who fits into a system, he's one of the top ones.

If you suddenly throw him on decent teams, they get a lot better. Where as if you take someone like Westbrook and put him on a team, he might not fit.

-Smak

My Pimp Hand Is Lethal Wonder Bread Kid's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BrooklynZoo
    I don't watch him much but you people who actually believe this realize that a top 15 player means that more than half of the teams in the NBA don't have a player better than him?
    Yes, it's very believable that you don't watch much of him. A lot of what he brings to the Spurs doesn't show up in the box score.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Wonder Bread Kid
    Yes, it's very believable that you don't watch much of him. A lot of what he brings to the Spurs doesn't show up in the box score.

Top 10-15 guys do things that DO show up in the box score.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

There is no possible way hes a top 10 to 15 player in the league unless the NBA hwas fallen off massively. He's a great role player, who plays tough defense, erbounds, and scors his 13ppg efficiently...but top 10 ( ) is a complete joke and top 15 isn't far off. He's a good overall player and a great defensive player, but you can't seriously put him in the top 15 players in the league. He's a not a star at this point in his career (and if he'll ever be nobody knows), but a terrific role player....but great role players are not top 10-15 players. Horace Grant is better than he ever was during his Bulls and Magic Years but nobody was putting hm in the top 10-15 players and he was no doubt beter than Kawhi. If the league is so weak that KL is a top 10-15 player than the league is at a very low point right now.

I'm nto even trying to hate on him either, I actually really like him, but he's maybe the 3rd best player on his own team after Duncan and Parker (and possibly even 4th when Ginobili is health), so I I can't understand how he could be one of the best 10-15 players in the league unless Barkely is joking.

Quote Originally Posted by bizil
    Leonard is a top 10 SF in the L right now. And has a lot of upside. But other than that, NO WAY is he close to a top 10-15 player in the L. But if u are top 10 at your position, that's a great start for a young guy like Leonard. U got Bron, Durant, Melo, and George are gonna be the top 4 SF's for a while. The guys like Leonard, Parsons, Iggy, Deng, Gay, etc. are clearly aren't on the level of the top four, so NO WAY is Leonard a top 15 player. Depth wise, this SF crop isn't like the 80's crop, so how could Barkley EVEN begin to make such a claim. I think at best he's more top 25-30 range, hell maybe even lower than that.
    Hes EASILY a top 5 SF
    KD, Lebron, Melo and George are the only ones better. And George isnt even much better TBH he just has a bigger role and minutes. Theres no other SF u can even argue is better than Kawhi.