Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Is Mark Jackson gone if the Warriors lose in the first round?

Quote Originally Posted by brantonli
    It would be almost unfair to fire Jackson simply because they might lose to the Clippers. The Clips are pretty damn good this season. And last year's playoff run might have raised people's expectations too high.
    mark jackson is still overrated though. Not saying the Warriors should beat the clippers, but truth remains that they are not playing up to there potential. While they are good defensively, offensively they are terrible considering the talent that they have.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Most regular season wins since 1993-94 season in what may be the most stacked conference in the modern era. Jackson isn't going anywhere. I would like to see the Warriors bring in another X's and O's guy like Mike Malone though.
    west was more stacked last year

no idea how houston and dallas are doing so well, both teams are pretty unimpressive

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

The Warriors need a real coach.

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    Have you ever looked at a map?

Once Milwaukee moves to Seattle they can move Memphis to the Eastern Conference.

Yall nikkas actin like they clinched playoff berth already they got 4 games left 3 on the road 1 against Minny on a b2b after Rip City

Complete Player

Mark Jackson can't get fired. He just can't. Because if that happens there's a chance he'll end up back in broadcasting and I'm very content with not hearing dumbass catchphrases like "mama there goes that man". I ****in celebrated when GS hired him and got him out of the broadcasting booth.

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Most regular season wins since 1993-94 season in what may be the most stacked conference in the modern era. Jackson isn't going anywhere. I would like to see the Warriors bring in another X's and O's guy like Mike Malone though.
    Gotta love the Malone is an X and O coach and implying that Jackson isn't.

Quote Originally Posted by miggyme1
    warriors havent been a back to back playoff team since the early 90's and u really think marck jacksons job is on the line? SMH

hell don nelson coached the warriors on two seperate occasions and achieved just about the same success playoff wise as marc jackson and marc jackson is in his third year.smh...kids say the darnest things these days.

next yall gone say if the pacers dont make the finals frank vogel should be fired.smh
    Why is that coaches like Jackson and Vogel should be replaced but coaches like George Karl and Rick Adelmen are held up as model coaches?

How could anyone possibly justify the firing of Jackson and then look at the job Adelman has done, and think he should keep his?

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    There's definitely tension between Jackson and the front office but the Warriors have to be careful

The Nuggets and Grizzlies got rid of their coaches last off season because of front office tension and look where that got them
    ESPN?

Good point though. And I won't blame Jackson if we get a tough 1st round matchup we can't overcome; west is brutal. GMs gotta do what they gotta do though, and I won't lose any sleep if we don't keep Jackson.

i'm from the bay area and i can tell you a lot of the fans are not happy with mark jackson for some reason. they seem to blame everything on him when it's going bad which is a really stupid assessment.

mark jackson needs time and he'll get it down at some point