Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Default Re: Will Rondo get traded?

Quote Originally Posted by guy
    Cause it was funny and your elaboration didn't help. Rockets are a really good team and I understand your point about chemistry, but they're not the 1996 Bulls or some shit like that. That's not enough to call the guy "untouchable". Sure, I don't think not trading him for Rondo is crazy, but for only Lebron, Durant, and MAYBE Anthony Davis? Sorry, but thats funny. Shit, the Rockets would probably understandably consider trading Howard or Harden for Davis and there's probably at least 10 players they'd trade Parsons for (Lebron, Durant, Davis, CP3, PG, Curry, Griffin, Love, Westbrook, Wall, Aldridge, Lillard, etc.)
    It's laughable that Parsons is untouchable? Everybody knows how fond the Rockets organization is of Parsons..he's the guy who shows up early and leaves late, he's the guy who calls and checks up on his teammates and brings them over to his house for dinner..last time I checked it takes a TEAM to win a championship, when you have a guy like parsons who does more than what they ask for to keep the team chemistry strong, to me that's worth more than any of the stats those players you mentioned can post up. Every great team had their glue guy, and parsons is ours..get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    THANK GOD he didn't get traded. Lets sign Rondo to a extension

I was saying all along that he's not going to be traded. Danny said numerous times that Rondo is in his plans going forward + as it was pointed out, they just made him captain.

anyway, regarding the earlier discussion here.. Rondo developed into a reliable midrange shooter, that's why he's a pick-n-roll demigod.

see http://grantland.com/the-triangle/co...ting-is-wrong/

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rondooooooooooo
    THANK GOD he didn't get traded. Lets sign Rondo to a extension
    I'm a bit worried about that. With all the trade talk and the way the team dealt with his big brothers on the team I wonder if Rondo will feel any sentiment towards the Celtics if/when he becomes an FA. If he is offered the max odds are he signs. But he may not be worth the max and the Cs could have better teams offering him more money. If the Cs don't bring in a superstar before next season's trade deadline dealing Rondo may become the only way to keep the value he represents.

Quote Originally Posted by ABfor3
    It's laughable that Parsons is untouchable?
    Yes. He's not an All-Star and may never be. Griffin, Davis, George, Melo, Love, Irving, none of these guys are worth Parsons? Not having bothered to make a list myself I'd guess Parsons is a top 40, maybe top 30 player. That's not untouchable. The Rockets probably place greater value on him than the rest of the league so a trade could be hard to construct but you're acting like this is young Kobe or something.

Banned

Parsons is not untouchable. He's Houston's glue guy but he is far from untouchable. If Morey gets a good offer he will pull the trigger even if it means trading Parsons. It's difficult to fathom Morey ever trading Parsons because he was drafted and developed by Houston and he's such a big part of their culture. He was also one of the reasons why Howard chose Houston over Los Angeles, Parsons sort of recruited him.

All that said the NBA is a business first and Morey knows that. Is he willing to give Parsons his big contract? Morey even said he's still looking for Houston's 3rd star, so trading Parsons away is definitely within the realms of possibility.

I knew that it would be almost impossible for Rondo to be traded. Ainge's price for Rondo is no doubtly too steep for any team that was inquiring.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Yes. He's not an All-Star and may never be. Griffin, Davis, George, Melo, Love, Irving, none of these guys are worth Parsons? Not having bothered to make a list myself I'd guess Parsons is a top 40, maybe top 30 player. That's not untouchable. The Rockets probably place greater value on him than the rest of the league so a trade could be hard to construct but you're acting like this is young Kobe or something.
    Well, to be fair he's a third year guy drafted in the 2nd round who is now averaging 17ppg/6rpg/4apg (5.6rpg and 3.6apg if you dont round) on 50% from the field. Every season he improves across the board and doing so as a 3rd option is mighty impressive. He's only surpassed expectations since arriving in the league.

I mean im not saying he is UNTOUCHABLE but I think he's going to be a very special NBA player. Good size, good range, good iq, pretty good passer. Havent really paid all that much attention to his defense though.

Anyways, not saying you're right or wrong, but I feel like if the Rockets traded him away they will really regret it in a few years time. And I think that the Houston FO sees it like that too.

Quote Originally Posted by K.Koscik
    Well, to be fair he's a third year guy drafted in the 2nd round who is now averaging 17ppg/6rpg/4apg (5.6rpg and 3.6apg if you dont round) on 50% from the field. Every season he improves across the board and doing so as a 3rd option is mighty impressive. He's only surpassed expectations since arriving in the league.

I mean im not saying he is UNTOUCHABLE but I think he's going to be a very special NBA player. Good size, good range, good iq, pretty good passer. Havent really paid all that much attention to his defense though.

Anyways, not saying you're right or wrong, but I feel like if the Rockets traded him away they will really regret it in a few years time. And I think that the Houston FO sees it like that too.
    League history is full of 3rd-year players with that level of production who were not untouchable. Igoudala was just as good in his third year and he's now on his third team. The only way Parsons makes a substantial leap in his game going forwards is if he has it within his game to carry an offense. He's 25 and in his third season, at this point he's largely the player he's going to be for most of his career. And that's a good player. But untouchable? No. That term should be reserved for guys that are All-NBA first team, Parsons isn't even an All-Star right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    League history is full of 3rd-year players with that level of production who were not untouchable. Igoudala was just as good in his third year and he's now on his third team. The only way Parsons makes a substantial leap in his game going forwards is if he has it within his game to carry an offense. He's 25 and in his third season, at this point he's largely the player he's going to be for most of his career. And that's a good player. But untouchable? No. That term should be reserved for guys that are All-NBA first team, Parsons isn't even an All-Star right now.
    I didn't mean for it to sound like he's a superstar, but for what he does for this organization , Morey has mentioned from time to time that parsons is apart of the core he wants to build a future with. Okay I admit untouchable was a bit of a bold statement but you get what I'm saying. Basically it'll be a hefty price to pay to take Parsons away from the Rockets.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by ABfor3
    It's laughable that Parsons is untouchable? Everybody knows how fond the Rockets organization is of Parsons..he's the guy who shows up early and leaves late, he's the guy who calls and checks up on his teammates and brings them over to his house for dinner..last time I checked it takes a TEAM to win a championship, when you have a guy like parsons who does more than what they ask for to keep the team chemistry strong, to me that's worth more than any of the stats those players you mentioned can post up. Every great team had their glue guy, and parsons is ours..get over it.
    I forgot, the league isn't littered with players who do that or are capable of doing that. What world am I in where laughing about someone saying a guy that isn't even an all-star is untouchable perplexes people?