Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    shhhhhhh

Default Re: Mitch Kupchak is an idiot

Quote Originally Posted by AirTupac
    ISH Poster knows more than Mitch.
    OP only see's what's right in front of him. can't see or refuses to see big picture long term

Mitch has really lost a step, maybe he's just getting too old. Too many idiotic moves like bringing in Nash and Howard, and now refusing to get under the luxury tax. Especially now with Dr B gone, Mitch and Jimmy cant be trusted. Jeanie should sue for ownership of the team and make Phil president of bball operations, bring in Brian Shaw as coach and magic johnson as GM

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    OP only see's what's right in front of him. can't see or refuses to see big picture long term
    What part of the bigger picture are Kaman and Hill helping with? I understand not wanted to see your favorite team criticized; but there is literally no reason to keep those 2 around. If there was a team offering to take either player off their hands without sending back any salary it should have been an easy decision.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by IncarceratedBob
    Mitch has really lost a step, maybe he's just getting too old. Too many idiotic moves like bringing in Nash and Howard, and now refusing to get under the luxury tax. Especially now with Dr B gone, Mitch and Jimmy cant be trusted. Jeanie should sue for ownership of the team and make Phil president of bball operations, bring in Brian Shaw as coach and magic johnson as GM
    You can easily criticize him for this trade deadline but how the heck is Dwight and Nash an idiotic move at the time, not hindsight? He took a risk and it didn't pay off but it's not a stupid decision. Look at Bynum's career since then, are you telling me that the Lakers would have been better with Bynum and not trading at all? Hindsight it's easy to say "he should have gotten more" but at the time, it's kind of hard to know that Dwight wouldn't work out.

Same with Nash. Sure, he may have been up there in age but after the CP3 deal didn't work out and Sessions left, that was the best option. Nash was still productive in Phoenix that year, it's not like he was deteriorating fast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ca$H
    Demanding second round picks for Kaman, Hill, and Gasol. Second round picks are scrubs who won't even make the team. What is the point? Just salary dump those three guys for nothing. It gets the lakers under the tax and helps them tank. Kupchak isn't in a position to demand anything. Freaking moron.
    Second round pick = draft and stash. Watch Philly draft 9 Euro's next draft.

NBA lottery pick

Quote Originally Posted by gts
    The long term picture would be to bolster tanking and save luxury tax by dumping those 3 players. The long term picture would be to give Kobe a one year extension for 32.5 million instead of 2 years 48.5 million which would allow the Lakers to sign two max guys in 2015(perhaps Love and LMA) then re-sign Kobe for 13 million with the remaining cap space. 48.5 vs 45.5 but Kobe gets to play with Love, LMA, and Wiggins/Parker/Exum. That is long term planning.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    What part of the bigger picture are Kaman and Hill helping with? I understand not wanted to see your favorite team criticized; but there is literally no reason to keep those 2 around. If there was a team offering to take either player off their hands without sending back any salary it should have been an easy decision.
    spare me the 4th rate psycho babble

the Lakers are down to 8 active players right now.. if they trade players away they have to go out and find somebody else, where's the savings in that?..

and if the don't have to reload those slots all the trade does is save them a tiny bit of money what's the point... They don't care about saving money they care about the future not the now

Lakers are not just swapping paperwork to swap paperwork...

plus both those guys are gone this summer anyways, if they don't get a pick back there is zero reason to trade them now

NBA lottery pick

Ramona Shelburne on right now:

- Jordan Hill to the Nets was almost done last night, but Lakers waited, then Nets the next day asked for a 2nd pick to offset the Luxury Tax they would incur, Lakers refused.

- Phoenix called the Lakers at the very last minute for Pau Gasol, but still didn't offer a pick, Lakers refused.

3-time NBA All-Star Lakers Legend#32's Avatar

Kupchak has no power. Little Jimmy Buss is running everything.

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Mike Trudell ‏@LakersReporter
    Kupchak reiterated the point he's made all year, that the LAL ownership isn't overly concerned w/small financial savings.

Kobe Bryant ‏@kobebryant 10m
    Not cool with @SteveBlake5 being gone AT ALL One of my closest teammates and psycho competitor GS picked up gem #smartmove
    Expand
    Bryant mad as hell.

Kobe should be the GM

shhhhhhh

Quote Originally Posted by FireDavidKahn
    Bryant mad as hell.
    meh he'll get over it...

No way Lakers were keeping Blake next summer and retaining the cap space they covet.. Blake's played well this year, his stock certainly hasn't fallen, he'll be looking to at least maintain his current rate

NBA Superstar

D Antoni killed Hill's value by barely playing him and when he did extremely erratically. otherwise he'd have been putting up double doubles nightly. yeah he's injury prone but there is just no excuse some night giving him like 8 minutes or some stupid crap. i don't know what Hill's average minutes were this year but i'd guess he averaged out at under 20~ min's/game playing behind scrubs with extremely up and down minutes game to game.

i really wonder what the positive side of keeping everyone is. i mean i'd be surprised if Pau isn't going to leave where they get nothing but maybe they think they can keep him? Hill too?

i'd think saving millions and making the team suck so they get a good pick this year would have benefited them the most. i bet they are having second thoughts of letting Pau walk.

Kupchak obviously has a plan for this off season. Have we forgotten the only players on contract past this season are Kobe, Nash, Young and rookie contracts for Sacre and Marshall.

I'm not going to pretend like I know what he is doing, but he's going after draft picks. Both the Phoenix and Brooklyn deals were hinged on the draft picks we would return. Why are 2nd rounders such a commodity this off season? Not sure. Does Kupchak have a history of making big, unexpected moves? Yes he does.

In this interview, Kupchak says that this year the Lakers are taking a different approach this offseason to the seasons past. Mitch is an accomplished, smart GM.

The **** are you OP?