Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: The Definition of Overrating: Kobe a Starting All-Star, Duncan Not A Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by ninephive
    While yet again anchoring the 3rd best team in the NBA.
    Kobe was voted, but he's not playing because of injury. Tim Duncan could have been voted in by the coaches but he wasn't. I think we know who's really getting overrated here.

I rule the local playground

Default Re: The Definition of Overrating: Kobe a Starting All-Star, Duncan Not A Reserve

Quote Originally Posted by talamo
    So people still don't understand that the all star game is just a popularity contest and just a show for the fans... who gives a **** how good timmy d is at anchoring defense u think that's what people wanna see in the all-star game?
    I don't understand why most people don't mind that Kobe is in the game even though he hasn't played most of the season but Kyrie gets a ton of hate for making it this year. And Kyrie was basically the star of the show last year.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownEye007
    I don't understand why most people don't mind that Kobe is in the game even though he hasn't played most of the season but Kyrie gets a ton of hate for making it this year. And Kyrie was basically the star of the show last year.
    Maybe people don't mind because of Kobe's reputation. You know the guy with 5 rings and incredible longevity and one of the greatest to ever play the game? Kyrie getting hate because hes proven nothing and is regressing from where he was last year. His leadership and loyalty to the Cavs org has taken a serious hit this year too.

Kobe def. didnt deserve to make it but it doesn't take a genius to understand why he is not hated on much for making it.

Local High School Star

Maybe it's cause of 13 years of hard work and consistency on a great level?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Smoke117's Avatar

This would be only true if the coaches had put in Kobe.