Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Local High School Star lakerspng's Avatar

Default Re: Anthony Davis just dismantled Pau Gasol

Pau is an old man in the second night of a back to back on the road early in the season with his conditioning not up to mid season level so it's a bit deceiving but... Davis was pretty awesome. Kid is legit. Id still take love over him currently but in a year or two, who knows.

Quote Originally Posted by Suguru101

his passing is also years ahead(if you weren't aware, Love is one of the best passing PF's), and his offensive awareness is also much greater.

Best passing PF's in the NBA?

Guy hasn't averaged more than 2 APG in his career. He's good at making those full court chest passes, but he's not even close to the best passing big in the NBA.

I'll take AD's defense over Love's perimeter scoring any day of the week.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by lakerspng
    Pau is an old man in the second night of a back to back
    Kobe at the same age...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wu7ZPl0oM

33 is no excuse. Especially for Hall of Fame talent like Pau.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Magic 32
    Kobe at the same age...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0wu7ZPl0oM

33 is no excuse. Especially for Hall of Fame talent like Pau.
    His numbers last year were very similar to KG at the same age.

Sure there is a hall of famer that was done at age 33 or before but he doesn't pop to my head right now.

Edit: Right now he is @ 12 pg on 35% shooting grabbing 10 rebounds a game. We can admitedly say that it is a horrible start, but when the season finish it is realistic for him to be at 15 points a game on 48-50% with the same 10 rebounds a game.

Is he going to play Robin to Batman exceptionally like he did during the 3 straight finals appearances? Hell no.

But he'll be a good role player, in an ideal world a 3rd/4th option.
    Last edited by Eric Cartman; 11-09-2013 at 05:26 AM.

Pau is 33 but how long as he played professional basketball? Including deep playoff runs? How many summers has he committed to the Spanish national team? It adds up.

Not to mention he's surrounded by trash.

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    No he's not. Davis' defense gives him the edge.

Not only is Davis the best PF, but he's the best big man period.
    I love how you see a player getting a high amount of blocks and automatically in you're shallow head you think "great defense" when that's clearly not the same.

Davis is like Ibaka. They are great at getting blocks and getting them from the weak-side, but they are average or below average one-on-one defenders at this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    I love how you see a player getting a high amount of blocks and automatically in you're shallow head you think "great defense" when that's clearly not the same.

Davis is like Ibaka. They are great at getting blocks and getting them from the weak-side, but they are average or below average one-on-one defenders at this time.
    You've not watched Davis then because his 1-1 defence is spectacular atm and is a great help defender. In both aspects he shits on 80% of big men

#Dre Day in Sac Town andremiller07's Avatar

He's a lot better than Ibaka he can defend 1 on 1 Ibaka for the most part cannot. Davis against other PF's is above average defender obviously some of the bigger C's can overpower him but those guys overpower 99% of players.

Quote Originally Posted by andremiller07
    He's a lot better than Ibaka he can defend 1 on 1 Ibaka for the most part cannot.
    I disagree. He's average at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Haks
    You've not watched Davis then because his 1-1 defence is spectacular atm and is a great help defender. In both aspects he shits on 80% of big men
    Oh look, another sheep and knee jerk reaction. Another instance of a player putting up great numbers so people like yourself overrate their defense.

People are like 'OMG DAVIS HELD GASOL TO THIS"

Do you realize Pau f*cking Gasol is player worse than last season? He f*cking sucks this year.

Russel Wilson = GOAT Johnny Jones's Avatar

I disagree. He's average at this point.
    what? Have you watched him play at all this seasin? Did you see him shutdown David West?

I agree with what you're saying if you are talking Anthony last year. But you weren't.

I disagree. He jumps in advance to the attacker raised up in the post unlike Ibaka who relies more on vertical.

I watch every Pelicans game being I am from NOLA and they are my home town team. He is above average in every aspect of defensive basketball. Watch him play.