Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567

Default Re: Top 3 Worst MVP Selections

Quote Originally Posted by toooo
    Lebron isn't getting enough attention for you?
    This is a funny zinger

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    Do you even english?

This is a lame come back

Point, if you don't have a funny come backer, let it go

College star

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    I'm just telling you certain facts. What you do with them is up to you.

What is a person supposed to do with the following...just ignore it?

http://asubstituteforwar.wordpress.c...er-imaginable/

You think coaches have time to watch and track every possession mid season? They don't. Why do all these measures always seem to properly rate just about everyone except Kobe?

You'll notice that when I make a claim...I back it up with at least something. You'll notice when you make a claim...it involves throwing in ad hominem attacks to distract and merely subjective opinions with usually very little in the way of backing things up.

Or this:
    http://espn.go.com/blog/truehoop/pos...in-crunch-time

Or this:
    http://chasing23.com/the-myth-of-playoff-kobe/

I'm supposed to just pretend this shit aint reality?

And this:
    http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/di...mes.202206832/

And this:
    http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...of-Jordan-Kobe

And this:
    http://www.mysportslegion.com/forums...-Shaq-amp-Dirk
    I didn't bother browsing through this thread to avoid the typical ****ery ISH posters spew amidst their un-calculated agenda. So, what exactly is your point, that Dirk was as valuable or not valuable as Kobe in terms to defense? Or...?

I agree bringing up specifics of Kobe being stellar on defense (like against Westbrook in the 2010 playoffs) while ignoring specifics of Dirk's efforts in particular situations is the guise of an ignoramus. However, since you deal in facts, it is a fact that Kobe overall in his career, in total (particularly the first half of his career) was heads and shoulders more profound in terms of defensive impact than Dirk ever was.

Like...ever.

Top 1 Bball Mind.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Besides the fact the games greatest player ever was a 6'5 guard. Also odd considering there has been a number of people smaller than Dirk who were better than him. And for an exclusive playoff series in his MVP year, PG Baron Davis out performed him on both ends of the floor.

CP3, Wade, LeBron, Kobe all clear superior players than their contemporary big men counterparts. Hell peak for peak, and when they faced each other in the playoffs, even Nash was possibly better than Dirk. Awkward to say the least.
    Top 10 players all time there is 1 person with a listed height below 6'8... (MJ)

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer DMAVS41's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlackVVaves
    I didn't bother browsing through this thread to avoid the typical ****ery ISH posters spew amidst their un-calculated agenda. So, what exactly is your point, that Dirk was as valuable or not valuable as Kobe in terms to defense? Or...?

I agree bringing up specifics of Kobe being stellar on defense (like against Westbrook in the 2010 playoffs) while ignoring specifics of Dirk's efforts in particular situations is the guise of an ignoramus. However, since you deal in facts, it is a fact that Kobe overall in his career, in total (particularly the first half of his career) was heads and shoulders more profound in terms of defensive impact than Dirk ever was.

Like...ever.
    My point was simple. Dirk isn't a 0 impact defender. He's been better than people say he is.

I'd say I think Kobe's impact defensively is absurdly over-stated...even in the early years, but it really doesn't matter to me.

If someone is going to make a claim...like Dirk being a 0 impact defender...or that Kobe is a great defender...you need more than a biased opinion.

When I say Kobe is over-rated defensively...I provide objective information for that.

I rarely see people provide objective information about Dirk on these claims. Although it's out there. Dirk is NOT a great defender. He's been a slightly above average individual defender and solid, but limited team defender.

I've never said otherwise. I just find it funny that he has supposed no impact...but when you look at all the objective data from Kobe all the way back in 02 to present. He's literally a no impact defender. Does that mean he is actually? I don't know...but it's enough to say that his supposed great defensive impact is grossly over-stated as all the truly elite defenders see real impact in the measurable things.

Quote Originally Posted by TheMan
    This is a lame come back

Point, if you don't have a funny come backer, let it go
    It was an inside joke that I ended up being wrong on. The guy I said it to was the only person who would even understand it.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Bingo.

Just from his generation I've seen better runs from: Wade, Kobe, LeBron, Duncan and probably soon Durant or Chris Paul.

Dirks 2011 was nice, it isn't legend status.

Mavs won as a team and got huge contributions from many guys who wouldn't ordinarily provide them on that level.
    Let's also keep in mind that LeBron played terrible that Finals, if he played decent (not even great, just decent), Heat win.

Local High School Star

Nash
    Nash
    Nash

Puts up Deron Williams numbers (along with no defense) and the guy wins TWO MVP awards...ridiculous.

Certaintly in recent memory, Steve Nash's MVP selections are ridiculous. Especially the 2nd one.

3-time NBA All-Star

I'd probably say Nash in 06 was the worst if I had to choose. Didn't lead his team to an amazing record, only 3rd best in his conference and 4th overall, which is still pretty high but still 9 games behind first. Dirk led his team to a better record by 6 games, all while being just as good or better statistically and not having really that great of a supporting cast either. And Lebron and Kobe both had historically great individual seasons while overachieving with pretty bad supporting casts. There wasn't a great combination of individual dominance + team success that year, and in that case, I'd take either a player that led his team to great team success i.e. 60 or more wins, or the player that individually was historically amazing and still led his team to wins. I'm not sure there's another MVP in history where I'd say I would've chose 3 other players ahead of him.

CLEARLY Russell beating Chamberlain in '62. Wilt's '62 season was probably the greatest single season, by any player in a major professional team sport, in sports history.

Furthermore, Wilt not only won ROY in '60, he easily outvoted Russell for MVP. Take a look at Russell and Wilt's stats for that season, and their team records. Then, compare them again in '62. Aside from Chamberlain being considerably more dominant, everything else was the same. So how did Russell win in '62?

BTW, Chamberlain was voted first-team All-NBA ahead of Russell in that '62 season.

Quote Originally Posted by LAZERUSS
    CLEARLY Russell beating Chamberlain in '62. Wilt's '62 season was probably the greatest single season, by any player in a major professional team sport, in sports history.

Furthermore, Wilt not only won ROY in '60, he easily outvoted Russell for MVP. Take a look at Russell and Wilt's stats for that season, and their team records. Then, compare them again in '62. Aside from Chamberlain being considerably more dominant, everything else was the same. So how did Russell win in '62?

BTW, Chamberlain was voted first-team All-NBA ahead of Russell in that '62 season.
    Showed how overrated Wilt was. 50 ppg for the season and Russell doesn't average half that and easily gets MVP.

Quote Originally Posted by DMAVS41
    You claim he has 0 impact. And you want me to accept the Westbrook stuff, but you won't accept anything I offer.
    When did I claim Dirk has 0 impact?

Are you retarded?

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce Bigalow
    Showed how overrated Wilt was. 50 ppg for the season and Russell doesn't average half that and easily gets MVP.
    And yet a Wilt, just two seasons before that, averaged 38 ppg and blew away Russell for the MVP. Yep...makes perfect sense.