Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Derrick Rose doesnt recruit players and never will

Quote Originally Posted by Heavincent
    Funny how this new generation of fans look down on star players who don't collude with other star players to form super teams...
    Really? The way I see it the funny thing is how this new generation of posters believe that recruiting = colluding. Newsflash: most free agents consider how comfortable they will be playing for their new team as one of their top considerations when picking a team.

In a league where contracts are shorter than ever and thus players hit free agency more often than they ever have, its become more valuable than ever to use any advantage possible to convince good players to sign with you.

Maybe you have forgot; but the point of the game is to win. If a player is to proud/stubborn to recruit than he is not doing all he can to help his team win, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    I respect his pride but if the Bulls don't get at least one more superstar they won't take Miami in a series. And they may need two.
    Two superstars? Nah, they only need one player who can make some shots. They could easily get rid of Deng and Boozer (if they could manage that.) Rose is gonna hold the ball and Noah is a star. They just need a real wing that can take some pressure off Rose. Who can we even think of? Maybe even a PF, I guess, that is a legit scorer. Just another person who can do some shit and maybe a shooter.

I doubt they can still get LAmarcus, but that would be all they needed. I can't think of any other stud they could pick up for what they have, that is available. Unless they could pry Cousins, but I doubt that even more than LMA.

-Smak

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak
    Two superstars? Nah, they only need one player who can make some shots. They could easily get rid of Deng and Boozer (if they could manage that.) Rose is gonna hold the ball and Noah is a star. They just need a real wing that can take some pressure off Rose. Who can we even think of? Maybe even a PF, I guess, that is a legit scorer. Just another person who can do some shit and maybe a shooter.

I doubt they can still get LAmarcus, but that would be all they needed. I can't think of any other stud they could pick up for what they have, that is available. Unless they could pry Cousins, but I doubt that even more than LMA.

-Smak
    They would still lose very badly with Aldridge. Heat kinda has their number when Rose is playing. Maybe he's raised his game though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by 2LeTTeRS
    Maybe you have forgot; but the point of the game is to win. If a player is to proud/stubborn to recruit than he is not doing all he can to help his team win, period.
    So Jordan, Bird, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, etc didn't do all they could to help their teams win because they weren't calling guys up and saying "pretty please come play with me. I need you. I can't do it without you"?

Maybe you're right though. Players from this new generation need to be coddled and made to feel wanted, and care more about being friends. There aren't a great deal of players left with that old school mentality that Rose, Kobe, Westbrook, and not many others have.

Chicago has several of those old school mentality guys though. Rose, Noah for sure, and I'd say Deng too. Maybe Rose wouldn't recruit (when they finally get some cap space) because he and his teammates aren't thrilled at the prospect of playing with someone who is weak minded and needs to be coddled.

Curry: 0x Finals MVP SilkkTheShocker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FiveRings
    So Jordan, Bird, Hakeem, Shaq, Kobe, etc didn't do all they could to help their teams win because they weren't calling guys up and saying "pretty please come play with me. I need you. I can't do it without you"?

Maybe you're right though. Players from this new generation need to be coddled and made to feel wanted, and care more about being friends. There aren't a great deal of players left with that old school mentality that Rose, Kobe, Westbrook, and not many others have.

Chicago has several of those old school mentality guys though. Rose, Noah for sure, and I'd say Deng too. Maybe Rose wouldn't recruit (when they finally get some cap space) because he and his teammates aren't thrilled at the prospect of playing with someone who is weak minded and needs to be coddled.
    lol at trying to sneak Kobe in there. Dude demanded a trade out of LA. Tossed Bynum under the bus even because they wouldn't trade for Jason Kidd. Straight up demanded a traded like a little b.itch

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Couldnt have said it better myself. Bravo

Good college starter

Quote Originally Posted by SilkkTheShocker
    lol at trying to sneak Kobe in there. Dude demanded a trade out of LA. Tossed Bynum under the bus even because they wouldn't trade for Jason Kidd. Straight up demanded a traded like a little b.itch
    Also funny how he implied Rose is not weak-minded in the last paragraph.

Quote Originally Posted by Dbrog
    They would still lose very badly with Aldridge. Heat kinda has their number when Rose is playing. Maybe he's raised his game though

LM is also soft as a tissue paper. Miami would easily shut him down in the playoffs.

Rose struggled against Miami in the post season.

Quote Originally Posted by NewYorkNoPicks
    No tears just truth. Weak generation
    We're not even 4 years into this decade, and the Heat already have the same amount of titles in the '10's as the Knicks do in franchise history.

National High School Star NewYorkNoPicks's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NumberSix
    We're not even 4 years into this decade, and the Heat already have the same amount of titles in the '10's as the Knicks do in franchise history.
    This thread isnt about the Knicks but because I spoke the truth of The Ring Chaser you come here trying to get under my skin....didnt work

The truth only hurts weak minded individuals such as yourself... LeBrons reality got you very upset.
    Last edited by NewYorkNoPicks; 09-19-2013 at 05:28 PM.

D rose took his time to recover well as a professional athlete.

He didnt come back early to play on a short stacked team that was the previous season bulls.

He don't ask any super stars to come help him in Chicago.

Aye haters, u mad?

Lebron left his hometown to publicly form a super team capable of winning rings on paper.

Yea u mad.

bump

Quote Originally Posted by havoc33
    I still don't think the way LBJ, Wade and Bosh went about things was the right way of doing it. I mean, that sort of a union, it was unprecedented, it has never happened before. It's a reason why people were so upset when it happened, and it wasn't all out of jealousy either. The fact that you have three allstars, already playing in a relatively weak conference, having talks for years about joining forces, and assuming they would win countless rings by doing so, was a copout - an easy way out IMO. Although we have all come to sort of accept it now, it doesn't mean we have to forget about it.

But I guess this is the new NBA, where anything goes in order to win a championship. Lebron has openly admitted that he thinks acting and flopping is okay as long as it produces a win, so I can totally understand why he thought it was a good idea to join two allstars in order to beat the Celtics. IMO it is cheapening the game, but I guess I'm more of a purist than most.
    Boston started this The Miami join together because Boston eliminated wade, james, and Howard individually and almost defeated Kobe. How is that fair?

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ILLsmak

-Smak
    Label it whatever you want, I'm saying if they don't have a second guy capable of averaging 20 that can carry the offense when Rose is out of the game or in a slump they can't beat Miami. Especially if Wade is healthy this upcoming season.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    I love how Rose fans applaud him for not recruiting but you damn well know if he would have been successful in recruiting wade or lebron to chicago in 2010 everybody would be applauding him for helping his franchise.
    I know what you're saying and I agree that a lot of fans would of done so in this fashion.

But for me, I never really wanted Lebron or Wade on the Bulls during that period. Well Wade I could live with, his health and age concerned me, but as far as Lebron "the decision" thing urked me and that in itself immediately turned me off the guy, that along with his other douche moments, so for me I really didn't know what I wanted for the team at that point. When I found out it was Boozer and the long contract he got, I was heavily disappointed although wasn't much available at the time in hindsight.
    Last edited by poido123; 09-20-2013 at 02:37 AM.